griffon forest lodges, flaxton, york, vale of york, north east england
- Escape to your luxury hideaway in the heart of tranquil woodland just outside York. Discover your natural oak lodge in its own private setting, the perfect place to unwind and pamper yourself! Boasting private hot tubs with every lodge, cosy furnishings and woodland walks from your doorstep, this peaceful haven is ideal for indulging yourself. Why not choose a lodge with a four poster bed and a 6ft circular Jacuzzi bath, for a truly romantic break. York and its beautiful surrounding countryside are easily accessible and our friendly staff are on hand to give you help and information. Griffon Forest Wild Watch Cameras will film badgers, birds and many more creatures and beam live footage to your TV. Watch all the action from the comfort of your lodge!
- Sandburn Hall, 18 hole golf course*, driving range* and golf academy
- Indoor tennis/badminton*
- Fly fishing lake*
- Cycle hire*
- Network of walks and trails
- Lit pathway to Tykes Restaurant (10% discount for all guests)
- Sports bar with Wi–Fi access
- Shop with off licence and internet facility
- Day kennels if you would like to bring your dog on holiday & can't take them out with you such as a visit to nearby York for the day
- Outdoor hot tub
- Flat screen TV with selected satellite, Freeview and radio channels, DVD/CD
- Kitchen including microwave and dishwasher, Washer/dryer
- Utility room (except Poachers)
- Bath and shower, Bathrobes (except Woodman’s and Keepers)
- Bed linen, duvets and towels & Beds made up for your arrival
- Timber deck with sunloungers and garden furniture, Barbecue
- Central heating
- Gas and electricity included
- Travel cots and highchairs £12pw each
- Pets £36pw each (max 2) (in specific lodges)
- Day kennels
- Gardeners Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 2 in 1 bedroom): Luxury lodge with king size four poster bed. Spa bath. Large timber deck with sunken outdoor hot tub. Complimentary wine and chocolates on arrival. Pet & dog friendly.
- Poachers Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 2 in 1 bedroom): Open plan, perfect for a romantic break. King size four poster, 6ft circular Jacuzzi bath and separate spacious shower room. Large cosy leather couch. Large timber deck with sunken outdoor hot tub. No pets. Complimentary wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Poachers Premier Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 2 in 1 bedroom): The forest’s finest! Beautifully designed and furnished open plan lodge, perfect luxury for a romantic break or honeymoon. King size four poster bed. Superb bathing area with 6ft circular Jacuzzi bath and spacious walk in shower. Large timber deck with sunken outdoor hot tub. No pets. Champagne, chocolates and red roses on arrival.
- Keepers Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): New soft furnishings. Popular luxury lodge. One double with TV and traditional oak canopy bed and one twin. Bathroom with separate walk in shower. Large timber deck with sunken outdoor hot tub. Pet friendly
- Gardeners Premier Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): The forest’s largest lodge! Each bedroom has king size four poster bed, ensuite with walk in shower and Jacuzzi spa bath. Luxuriously furnished central living and kitchen area leading onto large timber deck with sunken outdoor hot tub. Complimentary wine and chocolates on arrival. Book this lodge with one bedroom only and pay Poachers Premier price. Pet friendly
- Woodmans Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 5 in 3 bedrooms): Very spacious luxury lodge ideal for families. One king size four poster or oak canopy bed and ensuite shower, one linked twin and one single room. Family bathroom. Large timber deck with sunken outdoor hot tub.
- Gardeners Family Premier Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 5 in 3 bedrooms): Exclusively designed for groups or families. One double with king size four poster and one twin with additional guest bed and TV. Each bedroom with Premier ensuite. All the luxury features of a Gardeners Premier with large timber deck with sunken outdoor hot tub.
- Lush, fertile countryside, pretty market towns and a treasure trove of historic interest are all within easy reach of our holiday lodges in the Vale of York. And whichever lodge you choose, you'll be ideally located for exploring the ancient city of York. Rich in history, dominated by the magnificent Minster, York is brimming with great attractions. Within its superbly preserved city walls, you'll find quaint shopping streets and fascinating museums. Be sure to see (and smell!) life under the Vikings at the Jorvik Museum and train enthusiasts will love the National Railway Museum.
- North of the city, and within a short drive of all our holiday lodges, the Vale of York's gently rolling countryside is the backdrop to traditional market towns like Thirsk – home to the popular World of James Herriot. Make time to visit Castle Howard, of TV's Brideshead Revisited fame, and Eden Camp for an evocative insight into civilian life during the Second World War. And from Pickering, you can board the North York Moors Steam Railway for a trip across the ‘Heartbeat' moolands to Whitby. Choose Hoseasons lodge holidays in the Vale of York and enjoy all these attractions, and so much more.
- Please send us a review of these York holiday lodges by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- What a fantastic welcome by friendly knowledgable staff. We had an amazing break, the lodge was clean and tidy well equipped. It was just incredable sitting in the hot tub watching the badgers feeding on the nuts that we had put down for them and all sorts of other wildlife about too in this peaceful setting. If you want to get away from it all this is definintely the place for you !!!
- We have just returned today from a wonderful week in a Poachers Lodge at Griffon Forest, Nr York - it certainly was a treat not to be missed. My husband and I made the most of the lodge and the hot tub, but also visited quite a few places around the area. The park itself was very good and everything stated in the brochure was spot on. We visited York a couple of time by the Coastliner Bus Service which stops just at the top of the lane on the A64 both ways. This is one place we will definitely return to in the not too distant future.
- Lovely surroundings, beautiful setting, peaceful location, spacious lodges, lovely hot tub, good spacing between lodges, excellent on site shop, very helpful and friendly staff and super lady called Alice who taught my daughter to cycle without stabilisers. Good wildlife setting as well, well located for York and Scarborough, really enjoyed our holiday and hope to return there.
Holiday Lodge Accommodation Summary (EN231) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 5 each
1 or 2
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|