captain cook's haven cottages, whitby, yorkshire coast, ne england
- Captain Cook’s Haven is a collection of two and three bedroom holiday cottages perched on the banks of the winding River Esk. Superbly located between the stunning scenery of the North Yorkshire moors national park and the charming fishing villages and scenic coastal towns of the East coast, these cottages really are location, location, location!
- Set over two levels of comfortable accommodation, Captain Cook’s Haven cottages combine location, scenery, and practicality to accommodate the whole family. A fantastic adventure playground surrounded by plenty of green space to play, combined with a superb indoor heated swimming pool provide the ultimate backdrop for a great family holiday.
- The cottages are just a mile away from the bustling seaside holiday town of Whitby and lie within walking distance of the harbour. Also within easy reach is the historic city of York, beautiful scenic drives through the Yorkshire moors national park, the charming narrow cobbled streets of Robin Hoods Bay, and tourist attractions such as Castle Howard, the national railway museum, and Eden Camp. The North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway also runs from Whitby to Pickering and passes Captain Cook’s Haven. Overall, a great holiday for the whole family with superb accommodation and an unbeatable location!
- Facilities onsite include an indoor heated swimming pool, children's adventure playground, gas barbecue & launderette.
Holiday accommodation in 2 & 3 bedroom cottages includes:
- Kitchen including 4-ring hob, microwave and full-size oven (or combination microwave/convection oven in specific Endeavour cottages)
- Bath with overhead shower
- Bed linen and duvets
- Beds made up for your arrival
- Patio or balcony
- Log effect fire and night storage heating
- Gas and electricity included
- Babies must be included in party total
- Cots and highchairs £12pw each
- Family parties only
- Pets £20pw each (max 1) (in specific Endeavour and Adventure cottages)
- Endeavour Holiday Cottage 4 (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): Cottage with one double and one twin. Excellent value for money holiday cottage
- Endeavour Holiday Cottage 5 (sleeps 5 in 3 bedrooms): Cottage with one double and one with bunk beds and a single. No pets. Excellent value for money holiday cottage
- Ayton Holiday Cottage (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): Unique ‘upside down' design with living accommodation upstairs, taking advantage of the fantastic views of the Esk Valley. Bedrooms and bathroom downstairs. One double and one twin. Dishwasher. No pets
- Valley View Holiday Caravan (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): Caravan with one double and one twin. Shower. No pets. All non smoking.
- Resolution Holiday Bungalow (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): Bungalow with one double and one twin. Bath with separate wheel in shower. Dishwasher. Fridge/freezer. Suitable for parties including partially disabled visitors, National Mobility Level 1. No pets
- Adventure Holiday Cottage (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms): Cottage with one double and two twin. (One ground floor). Downstairs cloakroom with WC
- Discovery Holiday Cottage (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms): Cottage with fantastic river views. Sharing the 'upside down‘ design of Ayton. One double and two twin. Dishwasher. No pets.
- Cooke's Holiday Cottage (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms): Three storey cottage with fantastic views of the River Esk. Ground floor: Lounge/diner with balcony, fully fitted kitchen with dishwasher and fridge/freezer. Cloakroom with WC. First floor: One double and one twin. Bath with overhead shower. Separate WC. Second floor: King size double with ensuite shower. Gas central heating. No pets
- Award winning sandy beaches and dramatic clifftop walks, stately homes and picture postcard villages, gently undulating countryside and heather clad moors, lively seaside resorts and wildlife havens – enjoy all these delicious contrasts when you stay at one of our holiday lodges on the Yorkshire Moors and Coast. All along the coast, from Whitby – recently voted the UK's favourite seaside resort – to Withernsea, you'll find unspoilt beaches, sandy bays and soaring cliffs and traditional amusements in family friendly seaside towns like Scarborough, Bridlington and Filey. And while enjoying our lodge holidays in the Yorkshire Moors and Coast region, be sure to visit the maritime city of Hull, home of The Deep, one of the most spectacular aquariums in the world.
- Inland, the sweeping moorland and lush green dales of the North Yorkshire Moors National lodge form a glorious backdrop to walking and touring. Take time for a scenic steam railway trip across the ‘Hearbeat' moors from Whitby to Pickering – the ‘Gateway to the Moors' – and don't miss the famous historical re-enactments at Sewerby Hall, just one of the stately homes and gardens within easy reach of our holiday lodges on the Yorkshire Moors and Coast.
- Please send us a review of this Whitby holiday cottage by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- The position of the site is excellent for families and couples. Only a 15 min walk into Whitby itself.
- This is a great place for a family holiday AND a great location for walkers too. So near to so much activity and great things to do. We had some fabulous days out in the area and came back each day to a lovely swim and a lovely cottage. Slept like logs!
- Captain Cook's Haven is a lovely place to stay as the staff are so friendly and helpful, and the facilities on site are perfect for our requirements. The kids absolutely adore the swimming pool and play park, and are never bored while staying here. The views are perfect and it's lovely seeing the steam train pass by the park every morning on it's way into Whitby. This was our sixth holiday at Captain Cook's Haven and we cant wait to come back again! This is a perfect location to stay if you wish to visit Heartbeat country and the many fishing villages along this part of the Yorkshire coast. Top tips while staying here are to visit the Magpie Cafe in Whitby for fish and chips (the queue is well worth the wait). Have a return train ride on the NYMR through the moors from Grosmont to Pickering. Visit Goathland where ITV's Heartbeat was filmed. Take a walk along the beach from Whitby to Sandsend. Take a walk up Whitby's 199 steps to the Abbey for stunning views across Whitby harbour. Overall a perfect place to stay for a perfect holiday!
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN224) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6 each
2 or 3
1 or 2
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|