the bay holiday cottages, filey, yorkshire coast, north east england
- The Bay Self Catering Holiday Cottages is part of our Hoseason's Go Active Breaks collection. Boasting private frontage onto a safe, sandy blue flag beach from its wonderful setting, The Bay enjoys superb facilities including an indoor heated swimming pool and is renowned as one of the UK’s most vibrant and prestigious coastal holiday villages. Perfect for short breaks and holidays all year round. The breathtaking Yorkshire heritage coastline, North Yorkshire Moors and historic city of York are among numerous attractions close by.
- Facilities onsite include an indoor heated swimming pool, direct blue flag beach access, snorkelling & seascooters, waterwalkerz & body zorbs, archery, crossbow, fencing, fishing, tennis court, disc golf, gym, bike hire, pub, coffee shop, 18 hole golf course & 7 hole putting course, horse riding offsite, pharmacy & beauty therapies.
Holiday accommodation in apartments, cottages & lodges includes:
- Kitchen including microwave, dishwasher (except Plymouth), washer/dryer
- Bath and shower
- Bed linen, duvets and towels
- Beds made up on arrival
- Double glazed and centrally heated
- Gas and Electricity included
- Babies must be included in party total
- Travel cots and highchairs £10pw each
- Pets £60pw each (max 2) (in specific accommodation)
- Solo Holiday Apartment (sleeps 2 in 1 bedroom): Ground or first floor stylish apartment with one double. Open plan living/kitchen/dining area. Bath with overhead shower. Perfect for a couple or a couple with a baby.
- Portsmouth Holiday Cottage (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): Two storey cottage. Ground floor: Open plan lounge/diner. Kitchen with French doors leading onto patio. WC. First Floor: One double with Juliette balcony and one with bunk beds. Bath with overhead shower. Also available to sleep 4 in 2 bedrooms - Capstan Cottage, Cutter Cottage, Clipper Cottage, Brigg Cottage, Plymouth Apartment, Buccaneer Cottage.
- Helm Holiday Cottage (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms): Contemporary two storey cottage. Ground floor: Well equipped kitchen/diner and large living room with French doors opening onto patio area. One double. First floor: Master double with ensuite shower, and one twin. Also available to sleep 6 in 3 bedrooms: Cutter 6 cottage, Caravel Cottage, Anchor Cottage, Schooner Cottage, Regatta Cottage & Chatham Cottage
- Chatham 7 Holiday Cottage (sleeps 7 in 3 bedrooms): Traditional two storey cottage. Ground floor: Kitchen/breakfast room. Open plan lounge/diner with patio doors leading onto patio. WC. First floor: Master double with ensuite shower, one twin and family bedroom with a double bed with a single overhead bunk.
- Dartmouth Holiday Cottage (sleeps 8 in 4 bedrooms): Large and luxurious south facing two storey cottage. Ground floor: Very spacious open plan lounge/diner with kitchen and French doors opening onto sun terrace. One double with ensuite shower. First floor: Master double with ensuite shower and French doors leading onto balcony. Two doubles. Bath with overhead shower.
- Greenwich Holiday Cottage (sleeps 8 in 4 bedrooms): Traditional style two storey cottage. Ground floor: Well equipped kitchen and spacious living area with separate dining room. One double. First floor: Master double with ensuite shower. Two generous sized doubles. Bath with overhead shower
- Award winning sandy beaches and dramatic clifftop walks, stately homes and picture postcard villages, gently undulating countryside and heather clad moors, lively seaside resorts and wildlife havens – enjoy all these delicious contrasts when you stay at one of our holiday lodges on the Yorkshire Moors and Coast. All along the coast, from Whitby – recently voted the UK's favourite seaside resort – to Withernsea, you'll find unspoilt beaches, sandy bays and soaring cliffs and traditional amusements in family friendly seaside towns like Scarborough, Bridlington and Filey. And while enjoying our lodge holidays in the Yorkshire Moors and Coast region, be sure to visit the maritime city of Hull, home of The Deep, one of the most spectacular aquariums in the world.
- Inland, the sweeping moorland and lush green dales of the North Yorkshire Moors National lodge form a glorious backdrop to walking and touring. Take time for a scenic steam railway trip across the ‘Hearbeat' moors from Whitby to Pickering – the ‘Gateway to the Moors' – and don't miss the famous historical re-enactments at Sewerby Hall, just one of the stately homes and gardens within easy reach of our holiday lodges on the Yorkshire Moors and Coast.
- Please send us a review of this Yorkshire holiday cottage by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- We have just returned from a weeks stay at The Bay! Very quiet and relaxing! The kids enjoyed the swimming pool and we went to the beach a few times as well (about a 10 minute walk). A very nice location!
- I would recommend this site as it is close to the beach. Even though it a holiday home centre it has kept the closeness to nature which you can see and hear everywhere. There is alot to do around the area and the shops are not to far away by car. The bay is like a home from home and has a friendly and family feeling to it. I would take my children and older members of my family as i feel there is plenty of green areas for the children to play on and the park feels safe.
- Great location - beautiful beach, almost sole use of resort. Very pleasant and comfortable accommodation - having the washer/dryer was fantastic. Albeit the leisure facilities small, there were lots of great activities - the waterwalkers was great fun! The food on sight was very good (in the cafe and pub) and not too expensive."
- We have had a lovely holiday, the restaurant was fabulous, the archery and water walkers were amazing and the private road leading to the beach was great. Our accommodation was lovely - we would definitely recommend The Bay to other holiday makers
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN225) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 8
1 - 4
1 - 3
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|