holidays in france - family friendly self catering accommodation
- Recommended Family Holidays offers you a huge choice of holiday accommodation in France whether you a looking for a quaint self catering cottage or gite as it is known in France or a fun, action-packed holiday park, ideal for the kids.. But why choose my website to find your next amazing family holiday? Here are just a few reasons.
- WE ONLY HAVE FAMILY FRIENDLY ACCOMMODATION all of which will give you & your family a very warm welcome.
- A HUGE CHOICE OF PLACES TO STAY, not only by location but also by type - gites, holiday parks, apartments or villas, some with their own private swimming pool - so basically I offer you a ONE STOP SHOP, at last a website that makes finding your holiday easy.
- TRUST and SECURITY is VITAL FOR YOU & ME, so for some holidays, you book directly with the owner OR for others I have teamed up with reputable businesses and you book online directly with them - all of them are ABTA or ATOL members so they are fully trustworthy allowing you peace of mind.
- RECOMMENDED HOLIDAYS BY OTHER FAMILIES who have been there and experienced them - as a mum myself I know that the best holidays we have been on are those that have been recommended by likeminded people.
- BEST PRICE GUARANTEES are offered by many of my partner companies so you won't find yourself paying more than anyone else if you book elsewhere. You, too can ALWAYS pay the lowest possible price.
- I set up RFH after becoming a Mum to 2 boys and spending hours & hours trawling the internet looking for a "new" type of holiday now that I was a Mum. Having found it incredibly difficult, I thought I could help you to find your perfect family holiday more easily by specialising in bringing together a superb collection of family friendly holidays all in one place.
- Click on the region links or holiday collections to the left hand side of this page. On each of the region pages, there is information on holidaying in that area, a table listing the available accommodation & the facilities, plus a map with clickable links showing the location of the accommodation - all information to help you find what you want as quickly as possible. Alternatively you could do an Availability Search by entering your requirements & the available holidays will be displayed for you.
- Alternatively if you are really struggling, then I am more than happy to help you out. Please provide me with as many details as possible in terms of where you would like to go, how many people, dates, budget & any other requirements such as private/shared pool or catering service and I will do my very best to point you in the right direction. And, don't worry, this is a FREE service - just contact me.
- PS. Why not check out our blog posting that looks at Family skiing holidays with Pierre et Vacances - ski holidays with the kids are fraught with potential problems - accommodation, childcare, non-skiers in the group, catering, ski equipment, kids activities after skiing - let Pierre et Vacances, part of the Center Parcs group help you. Read on..... by clicking here to view the blog posting & see how they can help you. Published 27 December 2014
- Brittany and Normandy & other areas of Northern France are always very popular with families as it is not too far to travel but the motorway network in France is fabulous and you can drive around anywhere very quickly - it is even easy to get an automated toll payment on the internet so you don't need to queue at the toll stations. You can access Brittany via the ferry straight into St Malo so then nothing is far away.
- Travelling further down the Western side of France, there are the Loire and Vendee regions plus Poitou Charentes which is below the Loire - great areas for families to visit and attractions such as Puy du Fou and Futuroscope are always popular. We offer numerous holiday cottage complexes in this region & was where we visited with our family when the kids were small - not too far to travel but far enough so that the weather was that bit more reliable.
- Further south is the Dordogne and Aquitaine in south west France which is famous for both the vineyards of the Dordogne & the stunning Atlantic coastline with miles & miles of sandy beaches. If you want to fly from the UK then Bordeaux is probably the best option for this region & numerous cheap flight carriers service this airport such as RyanAir and EasyJet.
- Going east from Aquitaine is the Languedoc region which borders Spain and then further around the coast is the Cote d'Azur - the French Riviera & Provence (basically slightly inland from the Cote d'Azur). Languedoc is the cheaper region of these but if it is the true south coast you need then Provence may be a better option is budget is tight & you want a holiday villa with a private pool - these are really expensive on the Cote d'Azur - not surprising really as it is so beautiful! Flying is likely to be your best option if this is the region you would like to visit as it is such a long way to drive.
- Travelling north east from the Cote d'Azur is the French Alps - stunning in the winter with numerous activities to pursue or great for family friendly skiing holidays. We travel by car to the French Alps every winter now that the kids are old enough - the snow is great, you can drive if you like & the resorts are super for the kids as well as the adults! We have a number of chalets, apartments & chalet hotels on offer - you can either go self catering or fully catered depending on your preference.
- Paris in Central France is a popular holiday destination, is that because of Eurodisney I wonder! But below Paris is the region of Champagne - often underestimated but is a great stopover area of France. Or, perhaps you might like to visit the little known areas of Eastern France such as the Jura?
- All of the holiday accommodation that we offer you is family friendly. Cottages, parks, villas & self catering apartments have services such as babysitting, kids club, baby equipment, DVD players, games rooms and swimming pools to keep all of the children occupied whilst you enjoy your holiday too!
- If you have any self catering holiday cottages to recommend in France then please click on "Make a Holiday Cottage Recommendation" to send us a review, or if you would like to advertise your own property as a family holiday destination then please click on "List my holiday accommodation on Recommended Family Holidays".
How to Find YOUR Perfect Holiday
Recommended regions to visit on holiday in France
holiday accommodation of the week
Villa La Traviesa, St Tropez 3 beds, private pool in the hills
Villa Autran, Provence 3 beds, private pool, views
Villa Sainte Croix, Provence - 3 beds, private pool, hot tub
Chant d'Etoile Villa, Provence - 5 beds, private pool, views
Villa Espace Detente, Var - 3 bed, private pool, sleeps 8
Le Cle de Sol Villa, South of France - 3 beds, private pool
Cannes Apartments, Cote d'Azur - beach holiday, golf, kids clubs, pools
Issambres Apartments, St Tropez - beach, pools, kids clubs
Cap d'Ail Apartments, Monaco - holidays on the beach with pool
Nice Apartments, Cote d'Azur - pools, beach, kids clubs
Cap Esterel Apartments, Cote d'Azur - beach, pools
Six Four les Plages Apartments, French Riviera - on the beach, pools
Pont Royal Apartments, Provence - pools, kids clubs, golf, tennis
South of France Parks from Keycamp - 8 parks, pools, beach, kids clubs