cap glenan apartments, benodet, southern brittany
- They say that Benodet is Brittany's busiest, and most famous, highly prized family holiday seaside resort. And we're not going to disagree. But, honestly, don't be thinking Blackpool or Brighton, for this is Brittany, and busy really only means bustling. For Benodet is really not the sort of place to ever feel crowded – even in high season. Its broad sweep of sandy beach is the reason so many people love this spot, with its wide variety of watersports and good natured young crowd lending a touch of surfer cool to the quiet enjoyment on offer at other Breton resorts. Add a sprinkling of challenging golf courses, a cluster of bars and a spa or two and you can start to see why Benodet really does have something for everyone! Your apartments here are traditionally styled and situated in a relatively peaceful spot, just a few metres from the beach – but, with a swimming pool on site, you won't even have to walk that far for a swim. If busy, not boisterous, is your thing, Benodet is perfect.
- Facilities at these family friendly beach holiday apartments include: 2 outdoor swimming pools, windsurfing, canoeing, dinghy sailing, kayaking, nearby tennis courts, nearby squash courts, horse riding, nearby fishing & golf, shops/bars/restaurants in walking distance, bakery service onsite, beach. Some accommodation is wheelchair & disabled friendly.
- Celebrated for its gentle climate, long beaches and golf courses.
- Bénodet, Concarneau, Pont-Aven, towns that are guardians of tradition.
- Water sports: U.C.P.A Sailing School: a wide choice of water sport activities
- Canoe-kayaking with the Quimper-Bénodet club at the old Cale du Bac dock.
- Tennis and squash at the Ker-Moor Club at the Ker-Mor Hotel Corniche de la Plage: 5 open air tennis courts and 1 squash court
- Golf de l'Odet-Clohars- Fouesnant (6 km): 18-hole and 9-hole compact golf courses, driving range
- Kerancoreden Pony Club at Gouesnac'h for horse riding.
- River and sea fishing.
- Walks and mountain bike rides along the Sentiers des douaniers. Cycle hire possible
- The Route des Peintres en Cornouaille (1850-1950) circuit: Quimper and the Odet valley, Douarnenez Bay and Cap Sizun, Bigouden, Bénodet, the Bay of Forêt-Fouesnant, and Concarneau, Pont-Aven, Le Pouldu, Quimperlé, the Pays des Avens (15 to 30 km).
- Quimper and its Saint-Corentin cathedral (13th to 14th century), the old quarters of the town, its half-timbered houses, the Musée Départemental Breton (Brittany's regional museum), Musée des Beaux Arts (Museum of Fine Arts), pottery and earthenware and the Jules Verlinghe Pottery Museum, the Romanesque church, the gardens of the Evêché, the theatre, etc.
- Various events during the summer including festivals, concerts & famous horse show
- Apartment - The most popular holiday home category, and with lots of choice, apartments usually have at least one separate bedroom area. Some are duplex (on two floors) or have a mezzanine, or gallery space for beds. Typical features & facilities include: Kitchen, dishwasher, living area, bathroom, separate WC in most, telephone (payable), most have balcony or terrace.
- Please send us a review of these beach holiday apartments in Brittany by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
Holiday Apartment Accommodation Summary (FR252)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6/7 each
1 to 2
1 to 2
|not yet||from £257/wk|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|