le rhun cottages, argol, finistere, crozon peninsula, southern brittany
- French blend of provincial charm meets coastal delight, Le Rhun holiday cottages in the Crozon Peninsula are the perfect option as a base from which to enjoy the best of French beaches, history, dramatic coastline and medieval towns.
- For the best of French provincial charm and coastal splendour, Le Rhun Holiday Cottages, nestled in the bosom of the spectacular Crozon Peninsula, meets all expectations. Le Rhun comprises four individual holiday cottages - a traditional Breton farmhouse, two cottages and a loft-style apartment set in 39 acres of scenic rural countryside. The Farmhouse, Etable, Hibou and the Chestnut Loft retain many original features - a delightful combination of stone, slate and exposed beams, exuding rustic character and charm, complemented with a heated swimming pool, ball games pitch, swings and sandpit. The cottages are located a mere 3km from the popular local beach resort of Telgruc-sur-Mer on the Southern Coast of Brittany.
- L'Hibou Holiday Cottage (2 beds, sleeps 5): Ground floor: Open plan living/dining room with well equipped kitchen. Shower room. Separate WC. First floor: Double bedroom with additional single bed. Twin bedroom
- Les Chataigniers Holiday Apartment (3 beds, sleeps 5): All on first floor: Spacious open plan living/dining room with well equipped kitchen. Shower room/WC. Double bedroom. Twin bedroom. Single bedroom
- Etable Holiday Cottage (4 beds, sleeps 8): Ground floor: Spacious open plan living/dining room with woodburner and well equipped kitchen including dishwasher. Two shower rooms. Two separate WCs. Open tread stairs to first floor: Bedroom with king size bed leading to twin bedroom. Bedroom with king size bed leading to twin bedroom
- La Ferme Holiday Cottage (5 beds, sleeps 15): Ground floor: Entrance hall. Spacious living room with woodburner. Sitting room with woodburner. Dining room with woodburner. Large well-equipped kitchen. Laundry area. Double bedroom. Shower room/WC. Stairs to first floor: Bedroom with kingsize bed and additional single bed. Double bedroom with additional single bed. Shower room/WC. Stairs to second floor: Double bedroom with additional single bed. Twin bedroom with two additional single beds
- Shared heated swimming pool (10m x 5m, depth 1m-1.5m) fully enclosed.
- Ball games pitch, sandpit, swings
- Set in almost 40 acres of countryside with fields & woodlands
- Private Patio, Garden furniture, BBQ
- Well equipped kitchen including washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge freezer, microwave plus dishwasher in the two larger holiday cottages
- TV & DVD player, CD player
- Travel cot, highchair, stairgate, travel cot, baby bath, toddler step, potty, buckets & spades
- The lanes and paths leading from the main courtyard of the holiday cottages entice you to explore the fields, meadows and woodland beyond, all rich in a huge variety of wild flowers and wildlife. As dusk falls you are likely to encounter rabbits, foxes and deer or the barn owl on his evening rounds. Children are very welcome at Le Rhun and will find plenty of surprises in secret hideouts waiting to be discovered.
- The Crozon Peninsula is a paradise for beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts, with abundant opportunites for those seeking golden sands, craggy rock pools, surfing, sand yachting, fishing or sailing! The area is also steeped in historical and cutural interest, with the ancient druid mountain site of the Menez Hom, and the Abbey of Landevennec (the first Christian Abbey to be founded in Brittany in the fifth century). Walking enthusiasts can discover dolmens and standing stones scattered through the countryside, or explore the headlines of the Pointe de Pen Hir which has a fascinating war museum.
- During the summer months, the area becomes a veritable festival of music, dance and traditional costume, and gourmets should not miss out on the opportunity to sample the buckwheat pancakes, cider and langoustines fresh from the fishing boat.
- Location:1km from village of Argol (basic shops, restaurants), 3km NE of Telgruc-sur-Mer (seaside resort, beaches, water sports, tennis), 9km E of Crozon (picturesque fishing port, good seafood restaurants) 46km NW of Quimper (medieval city, shops, all facilities).
- Please send us a review of these Brittany coast holiday cottages by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 9 family holiday recommendations, average rating 5 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 5 out of 5
- My family spent a week at Le Rhun in late August 2014. There were nine of us in total: six adults and three children under the age of six. The owners were incredibly welcoming and helpful, giving all guests a detailed briefing on local activities on the first day and hosting a crepe evening later in the week. They said that their aim was to create the most child-friendly holiday cottages in Brittany, and I think they may have succeeded. Le Rhun could not have been better equipped for children, with a heated outdoor swimming pool, various different play areas in the garden (including a pirate ship, toddler bikes, sand and water play, wendy house and ball games field), toys suitable for all ages in both the garden and the cottages, and plenty of baby equipment available, including high chairs, travel cots and baby baths. The farm has a little cafe selling drinks and homemade cakes and a small shop selling essentials, although there are several large supermarkets not too far away. We stayed in the large cottage, La Ferme, which was really well equipped (with cleaning equipment, washing machine/dishwasher, plenty of toys and books, DVD/CD players [there's also a DVD library], wood burning stoves for colder evenings, and everything you could possibly need in the kitchen). It also has its own little garden, with a barbecue. The cottage has been lovingly decorated and had various different areas for the children (and adults) to play/relax in, including a dining room with a huge dining table for family meals. The local area is beautiful and there are some lovely beaches and walks nearby, as well as interesting local markets and Oceanopolis in nearby Brest for rainy days. You can also have some lovely evenings out at places like Camaret, which has a selection of good restaurants overlooking the harbour. Le Rhun was wonderful, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing (but very child-friendly!) family holiday. Rated 5 out of 5, Olivia, August 2014.
- We love this place! I am just so pleased to have found somewhere on the internet that I can shout about how good it really is! These holiday cottages are absolutely perfect for families - the facilities are superb, the location is excellent being so close to the UK and the beaches - the Brittany coast is stunning! The kids always find others to play with & tend to go around in a "posse" together which we think is great - parents can keep a lazy eye on them in the knowledge that others are doing the same & that the kids are looking out for each other. We always feel like we have actually been on holiday here and properly relaxed which is always difficult when you have 3 children! I cannot rate this place highly enough. The cottages are gorgeous & so well equipped - nothing is a problem, if you need something then the owners will help without a blink of the eye - even if its just to find yet another holiday activity (there seems to be loads to do in the area). We never, ever tire of the place & only wish that everyone could experience such a great holiday here as we do. Definitely rated 5 out of 5, Jane, received December 2013.
- Have been to le Rhun several times with my family- we have 5 children of varying ages and they all have thoroughly enjoyed. The accommodation is beautiful (the gites are converted farm buildings) as well as being extremely child friendly. The outside space is safe and provides lots for the children to do, and the owners are extremely approachable and nothing is too much trouble. Thoroughly recommend this place. Rating 5 out of 5, Helen, October 2013.
- Perfect place for a holiday in Brittany, we couldn't fault it - thank you. Booking online was so easy, & everything mentioned on this page actually understates how good it is (normally it is the other way round!). The cottage was perfect, location perfect, everything perfect just a pity the weather wasn't a little kinder, so next time I think we would go earlier in the year.Rating 5 out of 5, Peter, received Dec 2013.
- I cannot tell you how worried I was before booking a cottage at Le Rhun in Brittany - I had heard so many horror stories. BUT I must say we had a fantastic holiday. The cottages are so well equipped and the outside space is just brilliant for the children. The location of the cottages is brilliant - close to the beach, the ferry and near to plenty of places to eat so self catering was easy! Perfect holiday, highly recommended & we will be back Rating 5 out of 5, Zoe, received Dec 2013.
- We stayed here in the Autumn half term. The cottages are easily accessible from Roscoff ferry terminal (just over an hour's drive). The cottages are impressive with a log burner and very family friendly with a toy box in the children's bedroom. The children had a fantastic time exploring the grounds and using the several play areas/'dens' (for example squirrels lookout and the pirate ship) as well as collecting chestnuts and walnuts. The Sowden family made us extremely welcome. There are many beaches very close by and delicious creperies . Thank you for a very memorable holiday. Rating 5 out of 5, Helen, Oct 2013.
- We stayed at these cottages last year - 2 families in 2 cottages. We had a great time, the kids loved the facilities & it was great that the pool was heated - in our experience this is not always the case! The property is so safe for the kids to run around, the play areas are great & we had a perfect holiday, as did our friends. The owners are on hand for any help you need which is reassuring. We booked online with Cottages.com & it couldn't have been easier - being ABTA registered, it felt very safe. Thank you & we will be back. Rating 5 out of 5, Sarah, family & friends, received Feb 2013.
- I think this is the best holiday cottage complex we have ever stayed in & we have been visiting France & Brittany for years. Clean, welcoming, lovely accommodation, super family friendly & perfect location. We are going back again & again & again...Rating 5 out of 5, Jack, Sept 2012.
- We stayed at these Brittany holiday cottages in August 2012 & it is so family friendly, absolutely perfect for the children with loads to do onsite & they spent much of our 2 weeks playing with the other children. We loved the location too, rural setting but an easy trip to the beach as well, plus easy access from the UK. We have already booked for next year. Highly recommended. Rating 5 out of 5, Jane & family, Aug 2012
- La Ferme: This accommodation and location was perfect for our party which consisted of couples and 6 children. There was plenty of room for everyone. The grounds are superb, particularly for children - the owners had gone beyond what we would usually expect for a holiday house. The house was spotless on our arrival and beautifully furnished. A truely lovely spot from which to explore the local area. We would recommend this property and we will definitely return.
- Etable: Super space to bring children. Very well thought out and varied play areas in lovely green trees shared garden space. Relatively shallow pool ideal for novice swimmers building confidence. Loads of thoughtful extras provided - games, picnic basket & blanket
- L'Hibou: Le Rhun is a very welcoming family orientated place great for young children. But the surrounding area has loads of pretty towns and ports for everyone to enjoy. The pool is lovely so with the right weather you could easily just stay on the complex and relax and play games for your entire stay!
- L'Hibou: A brilliant place with everything you need. The children are very well catered for with lovely areas to play, like the sandpit and pirate ship. We even took the supplied fishing nets and caught a fish in their river in the woods! The pool was lovely even in the rain! The beds were very comfortable and very good quality.
- Les Chataigniers: Great location to explore lovely sandy beaches and markets. Friendly hosts and good accommodation with everything you could need provided.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (FR300) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
2 to 5
1 to 2
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|