les mouettes holiday park, carantec, northern brittany
- A friendly family holiday park with a fabulous pool complex in a spectacular setting with one of many beaches just outside the park gates. 1.5km from the old port of Carantec and Plage du Kelenn, Les Mouettes is situated near one of the most beautiful bays on the Breton coast whilst still being within easy reach of the Roscoff ferry terminal. The park is very well-kept with many pleasant, grassy pitches, some surrounded by trees and flowers. The main attraction is the impressive swimming pool complex overlooked by the bar terrace, where the children will enjoy floating along the lazy river surrounding the huge waterchutes (rings available from shop). In addition there's a fantastic indoor pool which is loved by all holidaymakers.
- Blue Lagoon waterpark: large pool complex features four pools (2 outside, 2 indoor) and two waterslides. With heated lagoon pools bordered by sunbathing beaches, an oasis of palm trees and a tropical river, this park is a tropical paradise. Add to this the Niagara falls waterslides, the mushroom fountain and the toddler paddling pool and you have an action packed holiday on your hands. There is no charge for sun loungers.
- Onsite spa, sauna, jacuzzi hot tub, aqua gym, relaxation area & beauty salon which offers facials, depilation, makeup, manicures etc
- 2 playgrounds (one outside, one inside), crazy golf, table tennis, football, basketball, volleyball, boules & indoor games room
- Tennis courts onsite - 2 half size courts, perfect for the budding tennis stars of the future
- Cycle hire available including helmets, kids & adult bikes and child seats
- Excursions arranged including sailing in the bay or kayak trips
- FREE kids clubs including during May & June: Mini fun station (aged 6 months to 5 years); Learn to swim (aged 1 to 5 years); Learn to ride a bike (aged 3-6 years). During peak summer: Fun station for all (ages 4-12 years).
- For mini-tots you can hire play tents, all terrain buggies, toddler trucks.
- Book baby equipment in advance such as cots, highchairs, potties, bed rails, changing mats, booster seats, baby baths & decking gates
- All mobile homes are toddler friendly including night lights, blackout curtains or blinds, toddler cutlery, toilet step, plug socket covers, door frame finger stoppers & safety gate.
- Onsite restaurant including kids menu, takeaway, onsite shop & laundry. 2 bars, one beside the water park
- Onsite cinema open April to September
- Entertainment team: Aquagym, bingo, talent competitions, karaoke, quizzes, theme nights, evening shows, sports tournaments. Also clown performances, magic shows, dances, concerts at the pool
- 'Océanopolis' in Brest will have everyone open mouthed and googly eyed. It is an unforgettable experience of discovering the world's oceans. There is a large aquarium with over 10,000 animals, a variety of exhibitions, films and shows.
- Take a trip to Château de Taureau which guards the entrance to Morlaix Bay. Boat trips depart from Carantec and usually take 2 hours, which includes one hour to tour the bunkers, passageways, drawbridge and the three floors of the restored fortress.
- Carantec has seven beaches and an array of watersports on offer, as well as a golf course.
- The scenic port town of Roscoff is just 10 miles away, ideal for shopping and playing on the beach
- Ile de Batz is just a short boat trip away - a perfect spot from which to take in a panoramic view of the coastline.
- Visit the popular cobbled streets of Morlaix are also close by, set on an estuary, and St Pol de Léon is worth a visit too, for its cathedral and market stalls.
- Espace 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 2 twin bedrooms, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen. French doors leading from master bedroom & living area to deck.
- Espirit 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 2 twin bedrooms, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Classic Plus 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double, 1 twin & 1 bunk bedroom, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Classic 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double, 1 twin & 1 bunk bedroom, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Espirit 2 bedroom (sleeps 7, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 1 single bedroom with bunk beds, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Classic Plus 2 bedroom (sleeps 7, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 1 single bedroom with bunk beds, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Please send us a review of this Brittany coast holiday park by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- Rated 4.3 out of 5 based on a Eurocamp customer satisfaction survey.
- "For a beautifully sandy beach, follow the road to Roscoff and you'll come across a place called Santec. There are also a number of interesting markets. Roscoff is also a really nice place to visit."M. Jacklin, Lincolnshire
- "The towns of Morlaix and St Pol de Leon are very nice, and St Pol de Leon has a lovely beach. Carantec also has a lovely beach with nice restaurants on the beachfront and even a playground."L. Byrne, Dublin
- "St Pol de Leon was a lovely little town with a church, about 15 minutes drive from Carantec, plus it had a big hypermarket too which was really good. Would also recommend Oceanopolis in Brest, about 45 minutes drive away, great family day out."K. Byrne, Surrey
- "Carantec market on Thursdays is good, arrive early and get some fresh food! The town itself is lovely and very friendly."K. Robinson, Worcestershire
- "Oceanopolis is brilliant for rainy days - even the teenagers enoyed it! Cycling alongside the estuary from Morlaix was superb, great scenery and flat but take waterproofs!"D. Warner, Suffolk
Holiday Park Accommodation Summary (FR247)(click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 8 each
2 or 3
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|