ty gween cottage, guerande, morbihan, southern brittany
- Ty Gween is a luxury thatched self-catering holiday cottage situated just 5km outside the medieval town of Guerande in the Morbihan district in southern Brittany. This luxury holiday cottage has its own private heated swimming pool & is located just 5km from the beach.
- This five bedroom traditional house has a thatched roof and is specially designed to accommodate two families comfortably. Stylishly decorated in a contemporary style, the house is very well-equipped and features include two kitchens, a large enclosed garden, heated swimming pool (fenced) and pleasant views of the surrounding countryside.
- Ty Gween is very well positioned. It is only 5km from the closest beach and 10km from one the longest sand beach in Europe, the fabulous Le Baule beach, whose shallow waters make it perfect for families.
- The Celtic history of Brittany provides the backdrop to the unique cultural experience of this region. Guests can explore the medieval town of Guerande which is surrounded by ramparts that are the best preserved in Europe. For a change of scene there are surrounding forests to explore or a trip through the famous Loire Valley wine region.
- This large, well-designed holiday home has two separate areas connected by a utility room. Great location just 5km from lovely beaches, and a 5 minute drive to Saint-Molf for basic essentials and a restaurant. Guérande, 5km, is a pretty medieval town with a wider choice of shops and restaurants. It is 10km to the bustling resort of La Baule, with one of the largest sandy beaches in Europe and a variety of facilities and activities. Inland, there are forests to enjoy, or days out to Nantes and the Loire Valley for châteaux and wine-tasting, and to Vannes, a fascinating historic town in the beautiful Morbihan Gulf.
- Ground floor: Living/dining room. Kitchen. Utility. Two kingsize bedrooms, one with en-suite bathroom/WC, one with en-suite shower room/WC. Separate WC. Open-tread stairs to first floor sitting room. Access through utility room to second living/dining room with corner kitchen. First floor: Kingsize bedroom. Single bedroom with additional pull-out bed. Bunk bedroom (for children). Bathroom. Separate WC
- Enclosed lawned garden & Patio
- Private swimming pool (9.5m x 4.5m, depth 1.2m to 2m), open Jun-Sep
- Washing machine, tumble dryer
- Dishwasher, microwave, fridge freezer
- TV (French channels only), Video, DVD player, Telephone, WiFi
- Cot, stairgate and highchair on request
- Garden furniture, Sun loungers, Barbecue
- All linen included - bed linen & towels
- No smoking.
- Location: 5km from Guérande (shops, restaurants, beaches), 7km from Quimiac, 10km from La Baule (beaches, resort town, aquarium), 13km from Saint-André-des-Eaux (golf), 80km from Nantes (large city, all facilities).
- Please send us a review of this luxury holiday cottage in Brittany by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- The location of this character cottage (Ty Gween) was quite easy to find using Google directions, (and those provided), and well worth the long drive from Dieppe. Because it had two separate parts, linked by a utility room, it was ideal for our family of 10. The main section of the house was large enough for us all to eat together in the evenings if it was too cold to eat outside in the beautiful garden. The hot water system was very efficient (and very hot!), even with 10 people drawing on it. As we had 3 young children in our party, the fenced and gated swimming pool was very reassuring. This is a beautiful house in a stunning location and definitely on our "must return" list.
- Lovely property just as it looks on the web site.
- Great pool. Great location and gardens. Lovely quiet location yet near shops etc.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (FR127) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 10
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|