chateau des ormes holiday park, dol-de-bretagne, northern brittany
- There are a number of partners that I work with who offer breaks at Chateau des Ormes holiday park so it may be worthwhile comparing prices & exactly what each company includes in that price for your own particular holiday dates prior to booking. If at all possible, please book online via these links if at all possible in order to help me keep RFH up & running, thank you:
- Click here for Al Fresco holidays - award winning, ABTA member, secure & encrypted online payment system and any flights are ATOL protected.
- Click here for Eurocamp - Gold award winner for large camping and mobile holiday company and Silver award for best large company for Western Europe in 2014. ABTA registered, secure & encrypted online payment system and any flights are ATOL protected. Please be aware at this park Eurocamp's differences are that they also offer treehouse & tent accommodation, some baby/kids equipment is FREE and the FREE kids/teens clubs cover a greater age range from 6 months up to 17 years, plus a FREE learn to swim or cycle club and a soccer school (charge applies).
- Boasting the largest indoor and outdoor waterpark in Brittany, this exceptional, well established holiday park in Northern Brittany has even added an enormous outdoor wave pool to its impressive line up of facilities all within easy reach of the ferry ports. Close to the beaches of Northern Brittany, set in 250 acres of chateau parkland & woods, this park is extremely popular with adults, teenagers & children. There is plenty of entertainment all season long including a kids club, and you can choose from either the cosy bar with terrace or restaurant to relax in during the evening.
- Swimming: Outdoor wave pool with 1 metre swell to roll and ride; Two outdoor swimming pools; Tropical outdoor pool with waterslides and waterfall; One indoor swimming complex with water slides lazy river and jacuzzi hot tubs; Children's splash pool
- Kids Clubs: FREE Al Fresco kids clubs (aged 4-12); FREE Eurocamp Children's Club (ages 6 months-12 years); Children's playgrounds; Eurocamp also offers FREE learn to swim or cycle sessions for kids and a paid Soccer School (ages 5-16 years)
- For teenagers: FREE Eurocamp Teens Club (age 13-17), Games room; Tennis*; Table tennis*; Crazy golf*; Bungee Rocket off a trampoline base*; Assault course; Daytime activities including paint balling*, climbing wall* (*charge applies)
- Outdoor fun: Golf driving range*, 18 hole golf course; Pedaloes and canoes on the lake*; Horse and pony riding*; Bicycle hire*; Gym*; Cricket field; Football / volleyball area; 5 hole pitch & putt*; Fishing
- Meals: À la carte restaurant; Pizzeria / take-away; Charcoal BBQ
- Entertainment: Evening entertainment area and regular programme; Disco - open till late; Piano bar and cocktail bar
- Other Facilities: Mini-market; Currency exchange and safety deposit facilities*; Internet access* and WIFI; Washing machines* and dryers*
- Nearest Beach: 25 minutes away
- Getting There: Driving - Calais 309 miles; Caen 99 miles; St Malo 17 miles. Flying - Dinard 19 miles; Rennes 42 miles
- St Malo is close by, offering a castle, museums, and family favourite Le Grand Aquarium.
- Jersey & Guernsey: It is possible to visit Jersey and Guernsey by taking a ferry trip from St Malo, the crossings taking 1 hour 15 minutes and 1 hour 50 minutes, respectively.
- Mont St. Michel is Pretty and well preserved, Dinan is only 30 km away and is a great town to explore.well worth a visit and is brimming full of culture, including a Benedictine abbey.
- Wander round like a Roman princess at Chateau Bourbansais – a 16th century mansion built on the remains of a Gallo-Roman site. Here you can explore beautiful botanical gardens and an animal reserve.
- Dol is a historic city with a fascinating cathedral and an extraordinary outcrop, Mont Dol. As well as the cathedral there are lots of medieval houses and a museum to discover.
- Pretty and well preserved, Dinan is only 30 km away and is a great town to explore.
- Further afield, 53km away at St Martin de Landelles is the L'Ange Michel Park, a theme & water park, fun for all the family.
- Vivaldi Mobile Home - 3 bedroom (1 double & 2 twin), sleeps 6 - Being the largest mobile home, the Vivaldi home offers comfort by the cushion load and it's more spacious because it's longer with not one, but two twin bedrooms cleverly positioned at one end and a double at the other.
- Rossini Mobile Home - 2 bedroom (1 double & 1 twin, sofa bed in living area), sleeps 6 - The Rossini mobile home is ideal for friends and couples sharing as well as with families. It'll give you all the holiday home comforts you'd expect and a little extra space for practicality and relaxation.
- Tree houses (only Eurocamp) - Sleep sky-high in safety and style, in a uniquely designed house that's been cleverly constructed 3-5 metres from the ground. Includes double bed, 2-4 single beds, 1-2 dry toilets, blankets & pillows, neither water nor electricity are supplied
- Please note, there is wheelchair accessible holiday accommodation at this park and that Eurocamp offers similar 2 & 3 bed holiday homes.
- Please send us a review of this holiday park in Brittany by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- There are so many good things about this Campsite & the surrounding area. As it was our first time driving abroad, I chose this campsite as it was close to the ports & had lots of activities to keep us all happy. Even though the it rained most days, it would still clear up by lunchtime.It did not affect our holiday at all, it just gave us more time to visit the towns around us. Like, Combourg, Dol De Bretagne & the amazing Dinan with its medieval Streets, packed with quaint shops & lovely restaurants. And also Le Mont Saint Michel, a must see.
- We still had plenty of time to Zip wire, go on the pedaloes & the 3 pools which with the weather not so good made full use of the indoor pool & slides. The Pub is a nice place to hang out for a couple of pints. The restaurant next to the Golf Clubhouse is well worth a visit, lovely food & atmosphere. We travelled with Thomson Al Fresco & stayed in a Rossini mobile home. Very good. Clean. modern. No complaints at all. Well one complaint, one week was not enough. Cant wait to go again next year for two weeks.
- This Giant campsite caters for everyone we stayed in a two bedroom mobile home very clean and spacious with seperate toilet and shower. we arrived sunday afternoon to a busy reception but were soon settled in to our home for the week. the staff at reception all spoke fluent english. the weather was not good for our week but at this site it doesnt matter there is an heated indoor pool with lazy river and slides 4 other outdoor pools with slides, there is also a good mini golf and a very large treetop adventure with varying courses for all shapes and sizes and abilities. horse riding is also available and a 18 hole golf course but you need a handicap to play. we ate in the pizzaria twice during our stay and there were a mixture of english and french staff they were all very helpful adapting the pizzas to suit the fussy eaters in our family. it was a good value meal and served quickly. the bar has free wifi and there were a large number of people there using there i pads but the system coped well. there were tvs in the bar we had full covarage of the jubilee and they were just starting to play euro 2012 on the tvs as we left it was a large bar with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating. there are so many good things about this campsite and the surrounding area we visited mont st michel ( if you have been before don't be taken by surprise by the major changes in the area ) they now have large carparks some distance from the mont but free shuttle buses run contiuosly as part of a massive regeneration project, this is a great site and we will return my chidren age 16 & 12 had plenty to do
Holiday Park Accommodation Summary (FR246) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 8 each
2 or 3, treehouse
||from approx £200/wk|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|