Brittany Lake Holidays - 2 bed self catering cottage by a swimming lake
Swimming lake with beach next to the holiday cottage
Cosy lounge with TV & DVD player
Well equipped kitchen perfect for your self catering holiday
Large master bedroom with plenty of space for a cot
Second bedroom sleeps up to 3 if required
Secluded garden to relax in after a busy day exploring Brittany
Stunning views across the lake
brittany lake holiday cottages, caurel, morbihan, brittany
- The 2 bedroom cottage that sleeps 5 was built about 1900. It has a private south facing garden with views over the hamlet to the countryside beyond. There is a comfortable lounge with a granite fireplace and tiled floor. The kitchen is well equipped with cooker, fridge, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. The property is in the heart of Brittany in the hamlet of Kergoff, close to the Village of Caurel.
- The cottage is only 500 metres from the Lac de Guerledan with its beaches, safe swimming and a wide variety of water-sports,including water skiing. Bring your own speed boat! There is secure parking at the cottage and no parking or launching fees at the lake. The cottage is is also 400m from a cycle path which runs from the Brest canal to the small town of Mur du Bretagne. The nearest restaurants are an easy and pleasant 1 km walk away along the edge of the lake.
- The property is in the centre of Brittany, ideal for getting to both the north and south coast. Very easy to get to, either by ferry or air. The area has stunning countryside. With many forest and lake side walks. The safe beaches are ideal for children to play on. There are many lovely towns such as Pontivy only a short drive away.
- Tourists are well catered for at the Lac de Guerledan. There are man made beaches such as Anse de Sordan, equipped with a children's play area and very safe, as well as picnic areas. For the more adventurous, Beau Rivage offers a lively night life, beaches, water sports and other activities. there are good restaurants for families offering good value entertainment like pedaloes, crazy golf, etc There are plenty of activities to keep the children out of mischief and safe.
- 1 June 2015 to 3 July 2016- £350/wk
- 4 July 2016 to 4 Sept 2016 - £450/wk
- Please send us a review of this self catering holiday cottage in Brittany by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 2 family holiday recommendations, average rating 5 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 5 out of 5
- We had a very enjoyable holiday - the gite had everything we needed. It was very comfortable and in a great location. French gites quite often don't have mugs and kettles. This one had both - excellent - together with ample crockery and cutlery and cooking utensils. We were three adults but the accommodation would equally suit a family. The garden is enclosed and very attractive with space for children to play and a lovely patio area. Had a great time on the bikes cycling on the disused railway tracks and the canal paths. The Abbaye Bon Repos and surroundings are lovely. It was also an interesting experience to see the lake, or lack of lake, with its exposed dam at one end and locks, buildings and trees which had been under water for over 80 years. If we return to this area in future we will certainly be happy to stay here again.Rating 5 out of 5, Christine & Tony, June 2015.
- We have just arrived back from a weeks holiday here and we were very impressed with the cottage and the area. The cottage is very well equipped and has everything you could need if staying with children with a great selection of DVDs and games. The cottage is clean and welcoming with a lovely big main bedroom and great garden. The lake is only a 20 minute walk away or 5 minute drive with a nice beach and is great for swimming or taking out a boat. The children loved spending time swimming in the lake and building sandcastles. We had a very relaxing time here and would definitely recommend especially if you are looking for a place to get away from it all but still central enough to explore other parts of Brittany. Rating 5 out of 5, Ros, Aug 2013.
- Our family is well travelled & have high expectations. I can honestly say we found the cottage enchanting & the lake area is beautiful. The great thing about this holiday is you can get away from it all in a lovely french village, which offers peace & relaxation, & travel around easily to see france at its best. Would highly recommend this cottage to families or couples & we will be returning again to enjoy some more! I have enjoyed this experience more than some of the exotic places we have visited. Thank you
- Peace, quiet and comfort. Well equipped cottage in lovely surroundings from where you can visit all parts of Brittany. Very comfortable house, lovely garden, anything you'd wish for is there. Double bed too hard to our taste, but in a beautiful and very large bedroom. Mrs Carr's dinners were magnificent. Good value for money. As we say in Holland: "We lived like God in France".
- We had a great family holiday, the cottage was everything we expected and much more. This has to be one of the best cottages we have rented ever. It was extremely clean and tidy and offered all the facilities advertised. As a family we could not fault the cottage or its location. I would recommend the property to anyone looking to explore the wonders of Brittany. The location is ideal for touring as well as just relaxing and enjoying the surrounding countryside and lake.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (FR054) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
|Sorry there is no website, please just contact the owner directly||Mark (awaiting number), please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
Full rates for 2015/16:
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
availability - see calendar below
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of this holiday cottage.