La Grande Metairie Holiday Park, near Carnac, southern Brittany
The whole family will enjoy the waterslides at this park!
How about a game of tennis?
A view over the pool up to the onsite restaurant
Animal feeding & horse riding are some of the activities onsite
A holiday with kids clubs for all ages
Don't forget playgrounds for the children too
Multiple catering options are available onsite
Sandy beach near this holiday park in southern Brittany
la grande metairie holiday park, carnac, southern brittany, france
- There are a number of partners that I work with who offer breaks at La Grande Metairie holiday park so it may be worthwhile comparing prices & exactly what each company includes in that price for your own particular holiday dates prior to booking. If at all possible, please book online via these links in order to help me keep RFH up & running, thank you:
- Click here for Al Fresco holidays - award winning, ABTA member, secure & encrypted online payment system and any flights are ATOL protected.
- Click here for Eurocamp - Gold award winner for large camping and mobile holiday company and Silver award for best large company for Western Europe in 2014. ABTA registered, secure & encrypted online payment system and any flights are ATOL protected. Please be aware at this park Eurocamp's differences are that they also offer treehouse accommodation, some baby/kids equipment is FREE and the FREE kids/teens clubs cover a greater age range from 6 months up to 17 years, plus a FREE learn to swim club.
- Situated within a pristine woodland park yet still close to the coast, La Grande Metairie in southern Brittany is located close to the well known holiday resort of Carnac with its fabulous beaches & opposite the famous "Stonehenge" style stones of Carnac. On the holiday park discover the on-park petting farm, the superb pool complex complete with lazy river and water slides, and the mysterious Kermario standing stones guarding the park's entrance. Or why not join in with the kids clubs & numerous activities on offer for the whole family?
- indoor & outdoor swimming pool complex, waterslides, lazy river, jacuzzi hot tub
- FREE kids clubs from Eurocamp including during May & June: Mini fun station (aged 6 months to 5 years); Tumble Tots (walking to 5 years); Learn to ride a bike (aged 3-6 years); Fun station for all (ages 4-12 years). During peak summer: Leo's Fun station (ages 4-6 years); Mac's Fun station (ages 6-9 years); The Station (ages 9-12 years); Base for teens (ages 13-17 years).
- FREE kids clubs from Al Fresco only in peak season for ages 4-12 years with shows, biking, mini-club & sports competitions. Circus school in peak summer*, introduction to diving at the pool* (*charges apply)
- Farmyard & children's play area
- Sports including tennis, table tennis, games room, football, basketball, volleyball
- Cycle hire with helmets & child seats available
- 18 hole mini golf, boules
- Restaurants, bars, snack bars & takeaway service
- Entertainment including cabaret shows, live music & onsite nightclub
- Internet WiFi, launderette, supermarket
- Nearest beach 3km
- Forêt Adrénaline, as the name would suggest, is lots of adrenaline fueled thrills in the middle of a forest. 11 courses, 160 challenges, up to 17 metres high, including bridges, climbs and zip-wires. The smallest course is possible for children as young as 2 years of age.
- Carnac Stones: Opposite the park entrance you can see menhirs, France's Stonehenge. Around 4000 stones reach all the way to Carnac-Ville and discovering them makes for a fascinating day out. To find out more about them visit the superb 'Maison de Megaliths'.
- The beautiful Brière National park is a lovelty spot, as is the Gulf of Morbihan. The park has lots of fabulous wildlife, so spread your wings, open your eagle eyes and explore.
- Vannes is also attractive with its old streets, and your trip can fit in with a trip to the town's aquarium which should keep the family occupied for around two hours.
- Auray is lovely for sightseeing with its ancient Breton history and attractive medieval harbour, and it also has weekly bustling markets for the perfect french baguette or cute keyring.
- Avant Mobile Home (3 bedrooms, sleeps 8) - 1 double bedroom, 1 twin and 1 bunk bedroom, Large partially-covered deck that increases your living space.
- Vista Mobile Home (3 bedrooms, sleeps 8) - 1 double bedroom, 1 twin bedroom and 1 bunk bed or 2 twin bedrooms, Two sets of French doors leading from both the kitchen and lounge area, Impressive, extra large decked terrace
- Espace Mobile Home (3 bedrooms, sleeps 8) - 1 double bedroom, 2 twin bedrooms, French doors leading from the living area.
- Espirit Mobile Home (3 bedrooms, sleeps 8) - 3 end bedrooms - 1 double bed, 2 twin bedrooms, Central living/dining area with double sofa bed.
- Classic Mobile Home (3 bedrooms, sleeps 8) - 3 end bedrooms - 1 double bedroom, 1 twin bedroom and 1 bunk bedroom, Central living/dining area with double sofa bed.
- Vista Mobile Home (2 bedrooms, sleeps 7) - 1 double bedroom, 1 single bedroom with bunk beds, French doors leading out onto the spacious decked terrace, Comfortable central living and dining area with double sofa bed.
- Espace Mobile Home (2 bedrooms, sleeps 6) - 1 double bedroom with ensuite shower and toilet, Second bathroom, Spacious central lounge with a double sofa bed.
- Espirit Mobile Home (2 bedrooms, sleeps 7) - 1 double bedroom, 1 single bedroom with bunk beds, Living/dining area with double sofa bed.
- Classic Mobile Home (2 bedrooms, sleeps 7) - 1 double bedroom, 1 single bedroom with bunk beds, Living/dining area with double sofa bed.
- Treehouse accommodation(sleeps 6) - Double bed, 2-4 single (or bunk) beds, 1 or 2 dry toilets with curtain door, No under 2s allowed, No dogs allowed.
- Please send us a review of this luxury family friendly villa in Cyprus by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 9 family holiday recommendations, average rating 4.6 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating: 4 out of 5
- We booked with Eurocamp, and visited towards the end of August. The reception staff were pleasant and helpful when we first arrived, and directed us to the Eurocamp Couriers. We enjoyed our time on the park, and thought it was well situated for some good days out exploring the area. We especially enjoyed the outside pools and slides, and were really lucky with the weather, spending just about every day cooling off in the pools and lazy river. Donna, Rating 4 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- Great holiday. Plenty for teenagers to do. Arrived very early at site due to travelling on the Roscoff ferry. The couriers were very helpful and we were able to get access to the caravan by 11.30 am which was appreciated. The pool complex was brilliant. One gripe is the selfish people who leave towels on loungers all day but never use them. I have stayed on other sites where towels are removed if no one is using the lounger for a prolonged period. Maybe this should be implemented here? Plenty to do and see in the surrounding area. We ate at the restaurant on site and found it to be value for money. Don't forget to book though as the first night we turned up and although it was empty as we had no reservation we were not allowed to eat there!! Catherine, Rating 4 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- My family and I had a wonderful stay and our 2 young sons enjoyed every moment on camp! They loved independence of going to club by themselves most days and making new friends. The accommodation although quite compact was clean and comfortable with everything that you needed. Daryl, Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- A park that is family friendly and has a good range of activities for children of all ages. Great pool complex and programme of games to keep kids entertained. Good location, Carnac has a lot of restaurants and is well services with a good supermarket as the shop on site is expensive (although the daily bread is wonderful). Fabulous beach in Carnac. The park accommodation was good very clean and well provisioned with everything we need. Couriers we're welcoming and helpful. The only negative comment would be about the activities hosted not by the park. The tree top activities and bike hire were both a disappointment. We paid a lot of money for bikes which broke and left us with a long walk home and the tree top activity has no organisation so the kids were left to queue a long time. They Lao argued with us about giving us change. Overall though we had a great holiday and would definitely return. The weather in Brittany can be very changeable. Even in August we had a few days lovely and then two days of monsoon rain and high winds. Natalie, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- Brilliant holiday at This campsite. We booked last minute, our caravan was a bit tired but was clean, pitch was good and the campsite fantastic. Pools were great, our children (4&6) wanted to spend most of their time in the lazy river, shallow enough for our 4 year old to be able to stand. Inflatables allowed, which was extra fun! Watersides and flume were great for this age and were being enjoyed by teenagers too. Basic but good enough shop with lovely fresh baguettes and croissants in the morning. Loads of good cycle paths near and round all the standing stones, we also found a path/small road route to Carnac which our children managed fine on their bikes. Eurocamp kids clubs were excellent, enthusiastic, fun and caring kids couriers in both age-group tents that we used, with a good range of activities. Our children wanted to go twice a day. Once a week there was a club over lunchtime and another 6-8pm so we even got some free time for lunch and dinner, knowing the kids were having fun. Other companies and campsite itself had kids clubs, but could see they weren't of the same standard as Eurocamp. Riding school just down the road where we had a lovely half hour walk through the forest with the kids' ponies on lead reins. There's a zip-wire/high wire on the campsite but started at age 7 - there is a much bigger park version nearby, which started from age 2. Campsite-run evening entertainment varied and good. Loved this campsite, will be back! Emma, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- Very good campsite with excellent facilities in a lovely part of France. Only downside with the campsite was the restaurant. Too few staff and many tables left uncleared. We called in for dinner and were left waiting in the reception area by the restaurant staff, basically ignored. We were eventually told by another customer that there was a 45 minute wait for a table despite there being many tables empty. We decided not to wait and went into Carnac for a meal. Shame because the rest of the facilities on the campsite are great. This small setback didn't detract from the overall holiday experience and we would definitely use Eurocamp and this site again if we return to Southern Brittany. Stephen, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- Travelled with my mum and two children, boys aged 11 and 8. La Grande Metairie was a fabulous campsite with great facilities and everyone was really friendly, helpful and accommodating - from the campsite reception team to the Eurocamp couriers and other couriers from other companies on site, as well as site staff in bar and shop. The sports facilities were great and we enjoyed everything that was available. The children attended some of the Eurocamp kids clubs sessions and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. We took advantage of the good value pony rides around the campsite (9€ 30 mins), and because we were at the end of the day the staff asked the children if they would like to take the ponies back to their field, which they loved. We hired bikes from Carnac rather than on the site but this was purely because we were in the town at the point we wanted to hire. The prices were comparable, and again I feel pretty good value - 2 adults with city bikes and 2 kids with mountain bikes was €32 - they gave us helmets for the children and locks for no charge. The surrounding area was absolutely gorgeous. We enjoyed the beach at Carnac Plage, at Le Men Du and went a bit further afield to Quiberon as well. Carnac village was great for market, restaurants, small shops and a wander. We ate at 2 great crepe places here - Chez Marie and Creperie de la Pompe. Cannot fault them. Excellent meals and friendly welcoming staff. Trinite sur Mer, beautiful little port/marina again with great market, shops and restaurants. We had a great lunch in a bakery Aux Delices du Quai - when other restaurants had stopped serving lunch (just gone 2pm) - this was superb and great value. Also ate at Creperie Goeland in Trinite - excellent crepes and great views. You shouldn't miss the galettes, crepes and most of all anything with salted caramel! A fabulous holiday, and I would love to be able to go back at some point. Would highly recommend to anyone of any age. Deborah, Rating 5 out of 5, May 2015.
- We had our best family holiday ever at this holiday park last year. Our 2 children seemed to be forever off to a football match, on the slides, playing with their mates & for the first time ever we felt we could properly relax on holiday since having children. Whilst not the cheapest holiday in the world, it was definitely excellent value for money - like being at a full on waterpark every day which normally would cost a lot more money. The accommodation was more than adequate - clean & well equipped - better than we had thought, not that we spent much time inside! On the odd days we could drag the children off the park, there are loads of things to do in the area - we went into Carnac quite a few times but also headed off to Vannes & inland to the lovely countryside too. All in all, an excellent holiday & we have already re-booked for next year, this time through Thomson al Fresco who provided their clients with a far superior service & seemed to care. Rating 5 out of 5, Peter & Jane, stayed Aug 2012.
- We stayed at this holiday park last July with Thomson al Fresco & can't rate it highly enough. Loads to do both onsite & in the area regardless of the weather - the indoor pool & games room proved very useful on the odd days! Great holiday, highly recommended. Rating 5 out of 5, Sarah & family, stayed Jul 2012.
- Really enjoyable holiday but be wary of going at the end of the season as everything starts to close before the end of the week with no warning. Had bad weather for the first 6 days so unable to do some of the advertised activities then when we were able to them they were no longer available!!! Jo, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- We really enjoyed our time there and it was great value for money. We had a couple of slight niggles with the accommodation but that didn't ruin our holiday. The pool complex is really good our 8 and 4 year olds loved it. There's not that much to do in Carnac but the beaches are lovely. Rob, Rating 4 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- We had a great time here and will be booking up for next year. I think the only slight downsides we experienced was that the caravan we had was a little date inside when compared with others on the site... the wifi was tough to get where we were/3G signal almost non existent...but everything else was really good. The camp staff and Eurocamp staff were all great. Genuinely enjoyed every minute and can't wait to go back. Chris, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- Great campsite with great facilities (pool, bar, play areas, zip wires, kids clubs etc). Some Eurocamp caravans are good, but alas we were put in a very old ex-Keycamp van which was looking worn. Site is well located, I'd highly recommend hiring or bringing bikes - we cycled a lot in and around Carnac and hardly needed to use the car. Simon, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- Highlights of the holiday were the swimming pool, the bike hire, the safety of the park for our young children, local beaches, the great value zip-wires and the awesome Starwars Show. Staff and the other guests were all great. Weather was a little mixed and cold. I agree with other comments about not enough sun loungers by the pool - even when weather was a little overcast. I would recommend the camp shop for bread and croissants but would caution against the poor quality fruit and veg. Super U is very close. We stayed at Euro-camp Carantec last year and we would highly recommend Carantec. Rating 3.5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- Overall we had a lovely holiday, our only disappointment was the accommodation was so packed in that there was not much room between them. We paid for the new advent homes new for 2015, thinking we would have more space but sadly no! The accommodation itself was fine apart from it didn't have any lounge space to sit inside and relax unless you wanted to sit around a table inside (there was also a table outside which we used at every meal time. The outside space was great with all the furniture you need and more.. The pool area was brilliant and so clean. Chris, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- The park is fantastic, best pool ever. The activities and staff are good. The espirit accommodation is small and outdated, definitely not big enough for family of 4. The weather was poor, only 2 days of sunshine in a week. The surrounding area is amazing with great beaches and nearby Carnac is love. Matthew, Rating 4 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- Our first experience of Eurocamp and as a family we weren't disappointed . Large site with pleasant grounds. We stayed in a 3 bed 2 bath Esprit and although equipment is basic it was large and well maintained. Staff were friendly and helpful. We will use Eorocamp again and would recommend this site. Michelle, Rating 4 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- This is a beautiful site, large enough to have plenty of activities but small enough to walk around easily. We were in a quiet area of the site; I think some areas of the site are noisier. The pools are varied but all accessible from a single entrance, and despite a fairly busy campsite, did not feel overly crowded. The local area offers lots to do. This was our second visit to the site, and we would definitely consider another return. Adam, Rating 4 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- Excellent park with lovely facilities. The site is between 3 villages so there are lots of restaurants and shops within easy cycling distance. The choice of pools is excellent with a great outdoor complex but also a covered and an indoor pool if your little one feels the cold. They were never crowded in the last week in June. We enjoyed a meal in the restaurant in the evening twice, where our toddler was made to feel welcome. The pizza from the takeaway was good too. Catherine, Rating 5 out of 5, Jun 2015.
- The park is great. Really good swimming pool complex. Loads of things for kids to do..We had big pitch but many pitches are too small to park your car next to and we had a neighbours car in our pitch as the road was too narrow for all the cars..Park is in a lovely area with lads to do.. I found the couriers slightly disinterested s I did on other parks this years as well.. Despite multiple requests for toddler items not all of the were provided.. Overall great park and would recommend but they need to space the homes a bit more and improve staff. Peter, Rating 4 out of 5, Jun 2015.
- Had a really good holiday, the campsite was really good with nice swimming pools. The plots were a little small but I didn't feel too overlooked though. It was good value for money and plenty to do in the area. The Kids Couriers were good and it was nice to have the kids clubs there. The other couriers were not so good though, we had asked for a travel cot, high chair etc but these were not at the caravan on arrival. We had to ask several times for a high chair but it never arrived so we gave up on that one. It would be nice if the couriers had some local knowledge and could recommend places to visit. David, Rating 4 out of 5, Jun 2015.
Holiday Park Accommodation Summary (FR300) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 8 each
2 or 3
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|