chateau de l'eperviere holiday park, gigny-sur-saone, burgundy
- Located just 16km from the A6 Autoroute du Soleil, Domaine de l’Epervière is justly popular as an overnight stop for those en route south. However, you will find that it is also a great place for a longer stay, as there is also a large lake (where some of our tent pitches are situated), with a river just a brief stroll away and the famous vineyards of Burgundy within an easy drive. Set in the grounds of a partly restored 16th century château, this is an attractively laid out park with plenty of open space for children to play in and mature woodlands to explore
- With a selection of indoor and outdoor pools, this park caters for all seasons. The little ones will love the kids' pool whilst the grown ups will have a great time in the payable sauna and Jacuzzi hot tub. The sun loungers are free so you can really unwind by the pool.
- 3 playgrounds, table tennis & boules.
- Cycle hire available including helmets, kids & adult bikes and child seats
- This holiday park runs its own English speaking FREE kids club during peak season with activities including sports, painting etc. Groups are split between ages 5-8 years and 9-12 years.
- Book baby equipment in advance such as cots, highchairs, potties, bed rails, changing mats, booster seats, baby baths & decking gates
- All mobile homes are toddler friendly including night lights, blackout curtains or blinds, toddler cutlery, toilet step, plug socket covers, door frame finger stoppers & safety gate.
- Onsite restaurant including kids menu, takeaway, onsite shop & laundry, small & friendly bar with wifi internet
- Entertainment team: Sports & wine tasting plus a children's disco during peak season
- Disabled visitors: the park is accessible however please contact us for further details
- Where better to sightsee than the birthplace of photography? Chalon-sur-Sâone is just 30 minutes from the parc and offers weekly markets, beautiful half-timbered houses and a 19th century Roman cathedral. Take a boat trip along the river to do a spot of sightseeing at a more leisurely pace.
- Go wild with the animals at Touroparc Zoo. At just over 60 km away in Beaujolais, it's worth it to see the beautiful rare white tigers, then to whoosh around the maze of water slides and whirl yourself dizzy on the rides.
- The region has a number of caves, formed from limestone millions of years go. Visit the Grottes de Blanot and take a guided tour of the impressive structures and learn about prehistory and palaeontology.
- Canoe hire around 20km from the park
- Tennis courts are just 500m away.
- Within 20km there are also golfing, boating and horse riding facilities.
- Parc Aquatique de Quetigny - Heated indoor tropical waterpark with many features including wave machines, waterjets and crazy rivers. There is also a restaurant area in the complex.
- Morvan Regional Park - The maison du parc is housed in a 19th century chateau which is a visitor centre and information point for the regional parc. There is a herbarium and arboretum showcasing the flora of the Morvan. The regional parc covers an expanse of over 200,000 hectares.
- Espirit 2 bedroom (sleeps 7, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 1 single bedroom with bunk beds, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Classic Plus 2 bedroom (sleeps 7, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 1 single bedroom with bunk beds, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Classic 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double, 1 twin & 1 bunk bedroom, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Vista 2 bedroom (sleeps 7, max 6 adults) - around 8m x 4m, contemporary mobile homes are designed for comfortable living both indoors and out, with large French doors opening out onto the decking* from both the kitchen and the living area to give the maximum benefit from open air living. The Vista features a fully fitted kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 1 or 2 bathrooms and a bright spacious lounge.
- Please send us a review of this Burgundy holiday park by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
Holiday Park Accommodation Summary (FR268) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 8 each
2 or 3
|1||not yet||from £50/night|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|