la croix du vieux pont, berny riviere, soissons, paris
- There are a number of partners that I work with who offer breaks at La Croix du Vieux Pont holiday park so it may be worthwhile comparing prices & exactly what each company includes in that price for your own particular holiday dates prior to booking. If at all possible, please book online via these links if at all possible in order to help me keep RFH up & running, thank you:
- Click here for Al Fresco holidays - award winning, ABTA member, secure & encrypted online payment system and any flights are ATOL protected.
- Click here for Eurocamp - Gold award winner for large camping and mobile holiday company and Silver award for best large company for Western Europe in 2014. ABTA registered, secure & encrypted online payment system and any flights are ATOL protected. Please be aware at this park Eurocamp's differences are that they offer treehouse accommodation as well, FREE baby/kids equipment and their FREE kids clubs are for a greater age range from 6 months up to 12 years, plus a FREE learn to swim or cycle club and a paid soccer school & activity club for all the family.
- A lakeside holiday park in the village of Berny Riviere by the Compiegne Forest, close to Soissons, north east of Paris. Ideal as a main holiday destination or for a stopover/short break to Eurodisney Paris. Set beside a meandering river and within walking distance of Vicsur- Aisne, the attractively landscaped parkland has tall poplar trees and weeping willows. The old stone farm buildings which house the restaurant and bar have been tastefully converted. In addition you can hire pedalos and canoes on the small park lake with its own beach area. Plus there is a lake for swimming and another for fishing.
- Swimming pools with a retractable roof for all-weather swimming, twisty waterslide and the numerous fountains. Featuring bridges and rocky embankments, this pool complex really looks the part & has a jacuzzi hot tub.
- 3 plagrounds, crazy golf, 2 tennis courts*, table tennis, football, basketball, archery, volleyball & boules. Indoor games room.
- FREE Al Fresco kids clubs (aged 4-12): May - August including indoor sports, entertainment, family games, laser quest*, ten pin bowling*, trampolines, go-karts* and crazy golf* (*charges apply)
- FREE Eurocamp Children's Club (ages 6 months-12 years); FREE learn to swim (ages 1-5), FREE learn to cycle (ages 3-6). In peak summer months: FREE Leo's Fun Station (ages 4-6), FREE Mac's Fun Station (ages 6-9), The Station (ages 9-12). Plus a paid Soccer School (ages 5-16 years) in summer & a paid Action Station (ages 7 up) for most of the year for the whole family to enjoy including zip wire, trapeze, abseiling, climbing and archery.
- Fishing, Bicycle hire*; Pedaloes and canoes for hire*
- Meals: Restaurant with kids menu, take away, 2 bars - one by the pool & one by the lake with beach area
- Entertainment: family disco (Mar-Nov); Satellite TV room
- Excursions: coach trips to Disneyland and Paris are arranged
- Other Facilities: Washing and drying facilities*; Supermarket with fresh bakery; Safety deposit boxes for hire*; Internet access* and WIFI* (*charges apply)
- Nearest Beach: lake with beach area onsite
- For mini-tots you can hire play tents, all terrain buggies, toddler trucks.
- Book baby equipment in advance such as cots, highchairs, potties, bed rails, changing mats, booster seats, baby baths & decking gates - all FREE with Eurocamp (Al Fresco do not specify)
- All Eurocamp mobile homes are toddler friendly including night lights, blackout curtains or blinds, toddler cutlery, toilet step, plug socket covers, door frame finger stoppers & safety gate. Al Fresco are not that specific
- Getting There: Driving - Calais 162 miles; Caen 210 miles. Flying - Paris Charles de Gaulles 52 miles; Paris Orly 79 miles; Beauvais 54 miles.
- 'Disneyland Resort Paris' is easily accessible by buses running from the parc or by car. 'Parc Astérix' will also make you feel in a fantasy world and is a fabulous theme park for the family. For small children 'PLAYMOBILE FunPark' is ideal, with 12 play areas and separate zones for 18-36 month old children (115km).
- For something a little mythical, why not try a trip to Chateau de Pierrefonds, the setting of the BBC series Merlin, is a must. The classic medieval château dominates the surrounding landscape and has been restored from ruins into an imperial residence complete with turrets, towers and a moat.
- Get lost in the 'Labyrinthe de Mais' – a corn maze covering 40,000 square metres with three separate trails. Children must be four years of age and opening times are usually restricted to late summer periods (early July to the end of August). Approximately a 40 minute drive.
- Unleash your inner Tarzan and swing from the tree tops! 'Canopée' is an fun packed day out, just 7.1 km from the parc, and offers seven different courses, hikes and even night time tree climbing. It is suitable for small children, who can join in on the Pitchouns course.
- Visit Paris for the day - its around 1.5 hours away & don't forget you can take the coach from the park if you don't fancy taking yourself. Once in the centre of Paris, using the Metro system you can easily see all the sights this magical city has to offer.
- Vivaldi Luxury Mobile Home - 3 bedroom (1 double & 2 twin), sleeps 6 - Being the largest mobile home, the Vivaldi home offers comfort by the cushion load and it's more spacious because it's longer with not one, but two twin bedrooms cleverly positioned at one end and a double at the other.
- Rossini Mobile Home - 2 bedroom (1 double & 1 twin, sofa bed in living area), sleeps 6 - The Rossini mobile home is ideal for friends and couples sharing as well as with families. It'll give you all the holiday home comforts you'd expect and a little extra space for practicality and relaxation.
- Rossini Riviera Mobile Home - 2 bedroom (1 double & 1 twin, sofa bed in living area), sleeps 6 All the quality of the existing Al Fresco fleet but with a fresh, contemporary design and more spacious floor configuration including an extended terrace: perfect for riviera living in some new and popular Al Fresco destinations.
- Tree houses (only Eurocamp) - Sleep sky-high in safety and style, in a uniquely designed house that's been cleverly constructed 3-5 metres from the ground. Includes double bed, 2-4 single beds, 1-2 dry toilets, blankets & pillows, neither water nor electricity are supplied
- Please note, there is wheelchair accessible holiday accommodation at this park and that Eurocamp offers similar 2 & 3 bed holiday homes.
- Please send us a review of this holiday park in Central France by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- We have just got back from a weeks stay at this site in a Villanova caravan with KeyCamp. The site is splendid. It is huge (36ha) but manages to be quiet. Each pitch is separated by high hedges and trees so you don't feel like you are on top of each other. There are three swimming pools all next to each other. One is completely outdoor and the other two have retractable roofs so when the weather isn't great you still have somewhere to swim. One of the pools is only about 40cm deep and very warm so perfect for babies and toddlers. As well as the pools there is also a lake you can swim in surrounded on three sides by a manmade beach. The site has put a floating rope barrier on this that separates the deep bit from the shallow bit which means you can let the kids run in and out without fear of them going out of their depth. If you like fishing there are other lakes you can catch carp in. The on site bakery is open from 7.30am and is great for breakfast supplies. The supermarket has all the basics but as you would expect is more expensive than a regular supermarket. There is a gigantic hypermarket in Soissons about a 20 minute drive away. We had pizza from the takeout once and it was ok, nothing special. We didn't eat in the site restaurant so I can't comment on that.
- My kids (4 & 7) went to the Keycamp/Eurocamp kids club a few times and loved it. The women who run the clubs are really enthusiastic and I felt very happy leaving my children with them. My daughter also had a go at abseiling with the PGL operation on site. Again I couldn't fault the professionalism of the people involved. You could also do archery, zipwire, trapeze and rock climbing. Each session lasts 1.5 hours and costs extra (unlike the kids club which was free). We paid €5 but in high season it goes up to €9. We also played crazy golf which cost about €4. There are pedalos and canoes for hire as well. Scattered around the park are lots of playgrounds which my kids loved.
- If you want evening entertainment or people running round trying to get you to join in aerobics or other communal activities then I would suggest this is not the site for you. The only evening entertainment I was aware of was karaoke on a Monday, but than goodness it was too far away from our caravan for us to be able to hear it :) If you want somewhere with excellent facilities but peace and quiet in the evening then you can't go wrong.
- We drove to Disney from the site and it took about 1hr15mins, with tolls of about €10 altogether. We didn't go to Paris but the site has a very fancy coach you can go on if you don't fancy driving. Tolls from Calais were €15.30 one way.
Holiday Park Accommodation Summary (FR267) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 8 each
2 or 3
|1||not yet||from £50/night|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|