grand creme holiday cottage, montreal, avallon, yonne, burgundy
- This 3 bedroom self catering holiday cottage with swimming pool is situated in a mediaeval fortified village, this converted property boasts spectacular views over the rolling Burgundy countryside. Architecturally designed, appointed and furnished to a very good standard, the interior offers a large living room with a woodburner, ideal for low season, and a piano. The French windows lead to a wooden terrace overlooking the heated swimming pool (shared with owner and visitors to the owner’s guest house between 10am and 6pm) and garden.
- The English owners, who live next door could organise day trips and the delightful village of Montreal is midway between the Chablis and Beaune vineyards. The area is ideal for discovering the delights of Burgundy, popular with walkers, fishermen, canoeists, naturalists and equestrians. To the east the Abbey of Fontenay is worth a visit. To the South is the National Park of Morvan with recreational lakes and majestic forests.
- Kitchen/dining area, split level to a large living room with wood burning stove, French windows. Separate WC. Wooden stairs to first floor: Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom/WC with over-bath shower. Large twin bedroom. Curtained-off bunk bedroom. Shower room with WC
- Large enclosed garden, Terrace
- Shared heated swimming pool (10m x 5m, depth 1.4m)
- Pool house with shower, WC
- Sauna (at cost)
- Underfloor heating (at cost)
- Dishwasher, Microwave
- Shared laundry room
- Satellite TV, DVD, Wi-fi internet access
- Cot and travel cot (on request)
- Maid service available by arrangement
- Garden furniture, sun loungers, Barbecue
- Bed linen only included.
- Pet friendly holiday cottage in Burgundy
- Location: Montreal village (bistro/bar, gallery), 9km NE of Avallon (all facilities), 25km SW of Montbard (TGV station, all facilities), 27km W of Semur en Auxois/Pont et Massène (medieval town, recreational lake).
- Please send us a review of this self catering gite in Burgundy by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- Very nice cottage in the middle of one of the most pretty villages in France. The owners make you feel at home. The cottage has been decorated with care providing today's comfort in a centuries old setting, very nicely done.
- The pictures do not do this property justice! The owners Christine & Grahame were great hosts. With plenty of tips on where to viit. The kitchen was fully equipped and as we prefer to buy local food and cook in the property this was splendid. The property was in a mediveal village with a beatiful church. If you visit anywhere take the trip to Beaune. The town is full of charm. As we visited in April we never used the pool as the weather although it reached 18 degrees was not quite hot enough. All in all we had a terrific time, great house, great area. Thanks!
- Maison Grande Creme is an excellent property - the pictures on the web site are an accurate reflection of the property. There was nothing we could fault. The owners were friendly and welcoming. You will enjoy a glass of wine on the terrace soaking up the view. Montreal village is picture perfect, too!
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (FR017) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|