haras de la fontaine, poligny, near fontainebleau, paris ile-de-france
- One hour away from Paris and near Fontainebleau is this lovely 18th century farm with three French Cottages "gites" classified with 3 stars by the Gites de France. Ideally located, you will be able to visit Paris, Eurodisney, Versailles, Vaux-le-Vicomte, Fontainebleau castles or climb in the famous forest of Fontainebleau.
- Other activities in the area include paintballing, tree climbing, canoeing, Sumo combat and archery. Or just 6km away you could enjoy horseriding with lessons available for children from 3 years old upwards. Whatever you enjoy on holiday in France, you will certainly find these holiday cottages an excellent base from which to explore and at the end of the day, you can return home to a warm welcome.
- The nearby forest of Fontainebleau is an internationally known place for bouldering rock climbing, it is one of the best climbing areas in France. The Fontainebleau sandstones are famous for their low height and bizarre forms known by rock climbers. Climbing in "Bleau" includes tracks of different levels marked according to difficulty. We also offer crash-pads for rent so that you can practice climbing in safety. The forests of the south of the Seine et Marne of Fontainebleau and Poligny are superb for walkers offering stunning trails for all levels to enjoy.
- Karma the first Federal France climbing hall is now open. It offers a wall of 12m tall (and up to 6m wide) with over a hundred routes to climb which would challenge all levels of climber, even the kids!
- The best known climbing sites: le Cuvier, les Gorges d'Apremont (Barbizon), les Gorges de Franchard (Fontainebleau et Arbonne-la-Foret), les Trois Pignons (Arbonne-la-Foret, Milly-la-Foret, Vaudoué), le Cul de Chien (Noisy-sur-Ecole), le rocher de Dame Jouanne and l'Eléphant (Larchant).
- Cottage 1, sleeps 8: 3 bedroom French cottage with terrace, enclosed garden, garden furniture, barbecue and car park. Surface area 120 m².Ground floor : dining-room with kitchen corner with dishwasher and micro-wave, living-room with fireplace, sofa and TV, DVD player. First floor : 1 room with 2 single beds, 1 room with 4 single beds, 1 room with 1 double bed and a cot, shower, WC, bathroom with WC.
- Cottage 2, sleeps 7: 3 bedroom country cottage situated on the 1st floor, enclosed garden with garden furniture and barbecue, car park. Surface area 110 m². Internet access. Living-room with fireplace and TV and DVD player, kitchen corner with dishwasher and micro-wave, 1 room with 1 double bed, 1 room with 1 double bed,1 single bed ant 1 cot, 1 room with 2 single beds, shower, WC, bathroom with WC.
- Cottage 3, sleeps 5: 2 bedroom country cottage with enclosed garden, garden furniture and barbecue, car park. Surface area 70 m². Kitchen with dishwasher and micro-wave, fridge, electric cooker, washing machine, coffee-maker, toaster, kettle. Dining-room with fireplace and TV and DVD player, 1 room with 1 double bed, 1 room with 3 single beds, 2 showers, 1 WC.
- Cottage 4, sleeps 3: Country Cottage situated ground floor, terrace with garden furniture and barbecue, car park. Surface area 55 m². Internet access. Living-room with fireplace, TV and DVD player and kitchen corner with micro-wave, fridge, gas cooker, washing machine, coffee-maker, toaster, kettle. 1 room with 1 double bed, Bathroom with WC.
- Click here to check availability of Haras de la Fontaine holiday cottages near Fontainebleau
- Please send us a review of these self catering cottages near Fontainebleau by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 6 family holiday recommendations, average rating 4.5 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 3 out of 5
- My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Haras de la Fontaine. The beauty and peace of the surrounding fields and forest was the perfect beginning to our vacation. Gilbert and Catherine's property has the charm of an ancient fortified farm, with all of the modern conveniences and comforts of home. With the excellent location, we were easily able to make day trips to Versailles, Fontainebleau, Paris and surrounding villages - though our gite and the Haras was so comfortable that we could have stayed put and saved the day trips for another time. We were made to feel very welcome and hope to return soon. Rating 5 out of 5, Christine, May 2014.
- We had a very pleasant stay, we were made to feel very welcome. We were surrounded by peacefulness and felt very relaxed. I would recommend it to any body. It was also very easy to get to Paris from here. Rating 5 out of 5, Beverley, Sep 2013.
- Just a very quick msg to say thank you very much for allowing us to stay in your gite and we hope to come again in the near future. Rating 5 out of 5, May 2011, Andy
- Very beautiful, quiet property and gorgeous surrounding. Very gentile owners. We had a wonderful time there this summer. Rating 5 out of 5, Ariane, Nov 2009.
- Competitive price. Rating 3 out of 5. Jamie, Oct 2009
- We loved the location in Seine et Marne, with lots to do nearby. The owners are very friendly and helped us find some local attractions that made our stay more enjoyable. The farm is very quiet and pleasant, and we very much enjoyed having dinner outside in the garden every night. The only criticism we would make is that the cottage was not clean enough when we arrived; I think the cleaning standards need to be higher. Rating 4 out of 5, David, Oct 2009.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (FR101) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 8
1 to 3
|not yet||€215- €640/wk|
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Catherine on 00 33 1647 80117 please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
Climbing in the nearby forest of Fontainbleau:
On our farm there are four holiday cottages available:
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
For up to date holiday availability, please click link below
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of these holiday cottages.