le petit village, savignac-de-miremont, lot valley, sw france
- Click links below for more information, availability and online booking at these holiday cottages in the Lot Valley, south west France from our partners, Cottages.com - a member of ABTA with secure accredited online booking system with price match guarantee (please book online if possible, thank you)
- Le Petit Village is situated at the end of a quiet country lane with sweeping panoramic views in almost every direction across the Lot Valley. Here just three cottages and the owner's house are set amidst seventeen private hectares of beautiful open countryside. The three child friendly holiday cottages have been beautifully restored to a very good standard. Exposed stone, beams and historic features have been retained to preserve their charm and character. There is also a shared outdoor swimming pool onsite & tennis available.
- Care has been taken to ensure that each child friendly holiday cottage has a private terrace and seating area. A magnificent swimming pool is situated in the grounds and a picnic and barbecue area has been provided in one of the surrounding copses. There is a partially fenced wildlife pond 300 yards from the property, children must be supervised.
- The nearby riverside market town town of Le Bugue is just three miles away and offers restaurants, bars, a Tuesday market, shops, canoeing, kayaking, riding, tennis, aquarium and a crystal cathedral. Les Eyzies de Tayac with its National Museum of Prehistory is also close by and offers opportunities for exploring the shelters that were once home to prehistoric man. There are many water sports facilities in the area, especially at the charming village of Tremolat and in the 7-hectare park of Les Etang du Bois. The nearby pony club allows parents to accompany their children on country rides. Further afield is the historic town of Bergerac with its wine making traditions and the medieval market town of Sarlat. The whole area is steeped in historic villages, magnificent châteaux, oak and chestnut forests, fields of tobacco, maize and sunflowers.
- 17 hectares of shared grounds
- All cottages have private terraces, garden furniture. Sun loungers, barbecue
- Shared swimming pool (12m x 6m, depth 1.3m-1.8m) with Roman steps
- Underfloor heating
- Washing machine, Dishwasher, Microwave
- TV (French channels only)
- Cot & travel cot available on request
- Ample parking
- All linen included
- No smoking.
- Les Prairies Holiday Cottage (3 bedrooms, sleeps 6): Ground floor: Covered terrace to living/dining room with central open fire and well-equipped kitchen including freezer. Utility room. Shower room/WC. First floor: Double bedroom with en-suite shower room/WC. Two twin bedrooms. Bathroom with over-bath shower. Separate WC. Cottage Reference: F24358
- Les Hirondelles Holiday Cottage (2 bedrooms, sleeps 4): Ground floor: French doors from garden lead into a well-equipped kitchen/dining area including freezer & open fire. Steps down to living area with a double door opening to terrace. Bathroom/WC with over-bath shower. One twin bedroom. First floor: Double bedroom with en-suite shower room/WC. Cottage Reference: F24359
- La Mignonne Holiday Cottage (1 bedrooms, sleeps 2 + cot): Ground floor: Porch leading into open plan living/dining room with well-equipped corner kitchen and door to covered terrace. First floor: Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom/WC with shower cubicle. Cottage Reference: F24360
- Please send us a review of this family friendly holiday accommodation in the Lot Valley by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- Very comfortable and pretty - good pool - the double bed was a bit small but that's the only criticism.
- Lovely cottage in a lovely rural location. Good postion for touring key sites in the Dordogne.
- Beautifully decorated and furnished to very high standard. Ideal for families or 2/3 couples looking for quiet countryside location, but near enough to local towns for shops, restaurants, etc. Pool was good size and very convenient from all properties
- The property really is set in the most beautiful location and is very secluded and private. It has been renovated to a very high standard. The interior is very clean, simple, modern and fresh. Many of the Dordogne's lovely villages/towns/attractions are within easy reach of the property. Canoeing on the River is a must! We would definitely consider going back to the property. The owner was fantastic. He was very friendly, helpful and spoke perfect English
- Our gite exceeded our expectations, it was located in a tranquil and beautiful area, close to a small, pretty town where we sourced our basic shopping requirements. There were lots of local markets too. Fabulous scenery, stunning attractions to visit and explore. A great place to relax and restore the batteries.
- Fantastic garden with pool surrounded by woodland and very friendly helpful owner. The evening meal and opportunity to converse with Veronique and her Mother were unique!
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (FR228) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6
1 to 3
1 to 3
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|