st avit loisirs holiday park, le bugue, dordogne, sw france
- A frequent award winner, this immaculate family holiday park is set in beautiful Dorodgne countryside with a pool complex and plenty of activities in high season. Saint Avit Loisirs is set in beautiful woodland with fabulous views of the Dordogne countryside. The facilities include a swimming pool complex, tropical-style indoor pool, crazy river and jacuzzi. The sports facilities are outstanding including recently built golf driving range and putting green, plus quad biking, tennis, football and gym amongst others. The buildings are of beautiful honey-coloured stone where you’ll find a shop, bar with a large terrace overlooking the pool and a restaurant serving local specialities. Six kilometres away is the busy town of Le Bugue.
- Canoeing is an excellent way of exploring the Dordogne river and gorges and many organised excursions are available in this area. Visits to the medieval town of Sarlat with its colourful markets and cobbled streets, or the castle at Beynac-et-Cazenac which is perched on a sheer cliff, are a must. The region is rich in pre-history, with both Les Eyzies de Tayac and the National Museum of Prehistory being close by.
- Top class pool complex with no less than six pools. With rocky waterfalls, twisty waterslides, the Crazy River, indoor and outdoor paddling pools and a heated indoor tropical pool, the only worry you may have is how to fit it all in! The kids will love the children's area with colourful dragons and flamingos spurting water. FREE sun loungers
- FREE kids clubs including: Mini fun station (aged 6 months to 5 years); Learn to swim (aged 1-5 years); Learn to ride a bike (aged 3-6 years); Fun station for all in May & June (ages 4-12 years). Plus during peak summer: Leo's Fun station (ages 4-6 years); Mac's Fun station (ages 6-9 years); The Station (ages 9-12 years); Club for teens (ages 13-17 years).
- Specialist action clubs with prices starting from £3/session during peak summer school holidays: Soccer Station (ages 5-12 years); Action Station (ages 7 upwards including adults) with activities such as zip wire, trapeze, abseiling, climbing and archery
- Playground, driving range, fishing onsite
- Sports including tennis, table tennis, games room, football, basketball, volleyball, badminton, gym, boules & quad biking
- Cycle hire with helmets & child seats available
- Restaurants including kids menu, bars, snack bars & takeaway service
- Entertainment including cabaret shows, quizzes & disco for all age groups
- Internet WiFi, launderette, supermarket
- For mini-tots you can hire play tents, all terrain buggies, toddler trucks.
- Book FREE baby equipment in advance such as cots, highchairs, potties, bed rails, changing mats, booster seats, baby baths & decking gates
- All mobile homes are toddler friendly including night lights, blackout curtains or blinds, toddler cutlery, toilet step, plug socket covers, door frame finger stoppers & safety gate.
- The park has facilities for disabled people but please contact us to discuss your requirements prior to booking
- L'Aquarium du Périgord Nord is under 10 km away if you are fascinated by the water. Make sure you try and catch feeding time where the diver swims amongst the fish, or you can touch them yourself in the tactile pool.
- To discover what's under the earth, visit Gouffre de Proumeyssac, 'the crystal cathedral', one of the most spectacular of the Dordogne caves.
- If you would like to unearth the history of the area then Les Eyzies de Tayac and The National Museum of Prehistory are both close by.
- For a day of fun in the water visit Bergerac Aquaparc. It has 4 swimming pools with slides and direct access to the river for canoeing activities and more splashing around.
- Just 6 km from the site is the beautiful town of Le Bugue, but even closer is the picture-postcard village of Roque Gagéac, regularly voted the prettiest village in France. Many of its houses are built directly into the cliff face along with incredible 12th century troglodyte caves and there is also a lovely botanical garden to stroll around.
- To go back in time Prehistoparc recreates scenes from the lives of the earliest Neanderthals with lots of life-size models along an educational and recreational woodland trail.
- Another must-see is the castle at Beynac-et-Cazenac. Perched on the sheer cliff, it is stunningly dramatic.
- Further afield, just under an hour's drive away, is the must-see medieval town of Sarlat. It is a town with a lot of character: music in the cobbled streets, colourful markets and medieval history.
- 10km away is Jacquou Park, made up of an animal park, water park and amusement park.
- There are also plenty of organised excursions available.
- Aspect 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double, 1 twin, 1 bunk bedroom with extra large decking that doubles your living space. All beds made up for your arrival, linen, duvets & towels including
- Avant 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double, 1 twin, 1 bunk bedroom with large partially covered deck that increases your living space. Duvets & pillows provided.
- Vista 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double, 1 twin & 1 bunk bedroom or 2 twin bedrooms with 2 sets of French doors leading outside from the kitchen & the living area. Impressive, extra large decked terrace.
- Vista Miffy 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - lounge seating convertable to a double bed, bunk bedroom & double. 2 sets of French doors leading outside from the kitchen & the living area.
- Espace 3 bedroom Loft (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double bedroom with en suite shower & toilet, 2 twin bedrooms. Second bathroom & mezzanine floor above the living area.
- Espace 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 2 twin bedrooms, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen. French doors leading from master bedroom & living area to deck.
- Espirit 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 2 twin bedrooms, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Classic Plus 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double, 1 twin & 1 bunk bedroom, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Classic 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double, 1 twin & 1 bunk bedroom, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Avant 2 bedroom (sleeps 6, max 4 adults) - 1 double, 1 twin with large partially covered deck that increases your living space. Duvets & pillows provided.
- Vista 2 bedroom (sleeps 7, max 6 adults) - 1 double, 1 single bedroom with bunk beds. French doors leading outside onto spacious deck & comfortable living area with double sofa bed.
- Espace 2 bedroom (sleeps 6) - 1 double with en suite shower & toilet, second bedroom & bathroom plus spacious central living area with double sofa bed.
- Espirit 2 bedroom (sleeps 7, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 1 single bedroom with bunk beds, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Classic Plus 2 bedroom (sleeps 7, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 1 single bedroom with bunk beds, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Please send us a review of this holiday park in the Dordogne by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- "The Aquarium du Perigord Noir and the Gouffre de Proumeyssac near Le Bugue were very good on rainy or overcast days. Les Grottes du Roc de Cazelle were brilliant and even kept our 3 year old entertained. Sarlat was fantastic, one of the most beautiful towns I've ever visited - very good for couples especially."A. Heppell, Avon
- "The Gouffre de Padirac is a bit of a drive from the parc but worth it. Canoeing down the Dordogne river was fantastic."P. Griffiths, Somerset
- "Sarlat has lovely winding streets and is a nice place to go for a meal. Canoeing on the Dordogne was fantastic, very picturesque but busy! For a quieter trip, the Vézère river is excellent. If you choose a 2-man canoe with a child in front we recommend you ask for a double-ended oar for the adult in case your child wants to get out to paddle! Limeuil is very beautiful and ideal for a picnic by the river, under the trees."K. Lovegrove, Worcestershire
- "Canoeing the Vézère river was more relaxed than the Dordogne river. Bergerac is beautiful and has a great Carrefour hypermarket! The beach at Brem-sur-Mer is good for bodyboarding."A. Keane, North Yorkshire
Holiday Park Accommodation Summary (FR277) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 8 each
2 to 3
|not yet||from £50/night|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|