la palombiere holiday park, sarlat, dordogne, sw france
- A top quality family friendly holiday set in wooded parkland near medieval Sarlat, renowned as one of France’s prettiest towns in the Dordogne, south west France. Set amidst rolling hills in unspoilt countryside, this parc is well maintained by the friendly owners and is highly rated by our customers, with lovely old farm buildings converted to house a basic shop with bar and restaurant. The pretty bar terrace with its elegant sandstone balustrading overlooks the swimming pool area, waterslides, tennis court, and spacious play area. Most of our accommodation can be found on pitches shaded by mature oak trees. A recent addition to this family holiday park is a fantastic indoor gym, finished to a very high standard.
- Sarlat is a medieval market town with cobbled streets that has more cultural heritage listed buildings per square metre than any other town in Europe. During the summer the town stages openair concerts in the main square. You can swim in the Dordogne near Sarlat or enjoy one of the canoe excursions from the parc. Further afield is La Roque-Gageac, perched beneath a cliff on the River Dordogne.
- This rocky pool complex offers something for everybody. The kids will love the three waterslides and the mushroom fountain whilst the grown ups can enjoy the beautiful flowery setting, the palm trees, the plentiful sunloungers, parasols and the 200m² family pool. FREE sun loungers
- Wellness centre offers a Russian sauna and sensory showers in which to really wind down.
- 2 playgrounds & crazy golf course
- Sports including tennis, table tennis, games room, football, basketball, volleyball, badminton, gym & boules
- Cycle hire with helmets & child seats available
- Restaurants including kids menu, bar & takeaway service
- Entertainment including evening shows, quizzes & family disco
- Internet WiFi, launderette, supermarket
- All mobile homes are toddler friendly including night lights, blackout curtains or blinds, toddler cutlery, toilet step, plug socket covers, door frame finger stoppers & safety gate.
- The park has facilities for disabled people but please contact us to discuss your requirements prior to booking
- Visiting the nearby town of Sarlat should one of the first stops when staying at La Palombière: it is a beautiful town sure to tempt you with its inviting bistros and shops which line the authentic medieval streets. It also has excellent markets where you can immerse yourself in the local culture.
- If you prefer a more relaxing adventure then follow the educational trail at Prehistoparc to learn all about early man and life thousands of years ago.
- Big or small, old or young, Indian Forest Perigord tree climbing is a popular attraction with people of all ages. It is a forest adventure course sure to test your nerves but suitable for everyone because of the variety of courses.
- If you want to leave it to the fish to make a splash then L'Aquarium du Perigord Nord is just the other side of Sarlat. It is a great family attraction with touch pools and divers swimming with the fish and for extra fun there are also reptiles and mini golf.
- Quercyland water park in Souillac is perfect for water fun. There are curly whirly slides and chutes, as well as inflatables, cars and lots of other activities which are sure to be a hit with the children.
- A must-do on any French adventure is a trip to a local château. There are two châteaux not too far from the park - Chateau Fénelon and Chateau de Milandes. Wander round at leisure and be transported to a bygone era. For a really memorable experience visit Chateau de Milandes at night and see the full beauty of the castle from a hot air balloon.
- The village of La Rouque-Gageac is stunningly beautiful. It is said to be one of the most photographed places in the whole of France, so don't forget your camera!
- Avant 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double, 1 twin, 1 bunk bedroom with large partially covered deck that increases your living space. Duvets & pillows provided.
- Vista 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double, 1 twin & 1 bunk bedroom or 2 twin bedrooms with 2 sets of French doors leading outside from the kitchen & the living area. Impressive, extra large decked terrace.
- Espirit 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 2 twin bedrooms, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Classic Plus 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double, 1 twin & 1 bunk bedroom, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Avant 2 bedroom (sleeps 6, max 4 adults) - 1 double, 1 twin with large partially covered deck that increases your living space. Duvets & pillows provided.
- Vista 2 bedroom (sleeps 7, max 6 adults) - 1 double, 1 single bedroom with bunk beds. French doors leading outside onto spacious deck & comfortable living area with double sofa bed.
- Espirit 2 bedroom (sleeps 7, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 1 single bedroom with bunk beds, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Classic Plus 2 bedroom (sleeps 7, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 1 single bedroom with bunk beds, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Please send us a review of this Dordogne holiday park by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- "The Gouffre de Padirac, although an hour's drive, is well worth the visit. Would recommend going early in the morning to avoid the crowds. Canoeing on the Vézère river is much quieter than the Dordogne and good for families with younger children."C. Mackie, Derbyshire
- "The Gouffre de Padirac was fantastic and enjoyed by the whole family. Domme was a lovely town with breathtaking views and a lovely little market."C. Joesbury, Shropshire
- "Do not miss the canoe trip to Beynac, the market in Sarlat and the towns Domme and Rocamadour. The Jardins de Marqueyssac are great and so is the food!"A. McElligott, Dublin
- "We recommend Sarlat, Rocamadour (must-see), La Roque Gageac and Les Grottes de Lacave (on the way back from Rocamadour). The Dordogne boat trip with Gabares Norbert at La Roque Gageac was very enjoyable and the aquarium at Le Bugue is excellent."P. Williams, Mid Glamorgan
Holiday Park Accommodation Summary (FR276) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 8 each
2 or 3
1 or 2
|not yet||from £40/night|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|