chauffour gite holidays in the dordogne, allemans, sw france
- Our two holiday cottages are situated in the Dordogne countryside, within easy reach of the many attractions of South West France. The gites are ideally placed for families or a couple of families wanting to holiday together. Each property has its own terrace and garden area offering privacy when you want it. Our large, fully enclosed garden includes a fenced 12m x 6m heated swimming pool with safety ledge for children. There is a decking area for sun lovers or if you prefer, our abri offers much needed shade and is great for an afternoon nap in the hammock. Our wonderful holiday gites offer a fantastic base to explore the Dordogne.
- La Grange - our barn conversion sleeps 7 + baby in 3 bedrooms
- La Porcherie - our holiday cottage sleeps 6 + baby in 3 bedrooms, one en-suite shower room & a family bathroom
- Changeover day is Saturdays in peak season but we can be more flexible in mid/low season
- Towels & linen included in the price
- Stair gates, high chairs and changing mat available free of charge
- Well equipped kitchens & washing machines
- Satellite English TV – Freeview Channels, DVD
- wifi internet access
- Bikes, tennis rackets and golf clubs available for use
- large shared garden area offering swings, slides, toddler see-saw and slide, table tennis table, badminton, boules, balls and other garden games.
- 12m x 6m swimming pool is fully fenced and offers sun loungers on a raised decking area, table and chairs and an all important hammock.
- A few minutes away are the villages of Allemans and St. Severin where you can find bars, restaurants, bakeries, banks, post office and a supermarket. The bustling market town of Riberac, famed for its huge Friday market, is just 10 minutes away whilst Aubeterre (one of the most beautiful villages in France) and Brantome are within easy reach and well worth a visit. Bergerac, Bordeaux and Limoges airports are within 1-2 hours and St. Malo, Caen and Calais are within a comfortable days drive
- We also offer cycling, walking, golfing, tennis and even swimming breaks out of season from 50 euros per person per night for dinner, bed and breakfast based on 2 people sharing. Contact us using the enquiry form below for more information.
- Click here to check availability at Chauffour Gites
- Please send us a review of these self catering gite holidays in the Dordogne by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 5 family holiday recommendation, average rating 4.8 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 4 out of 5
- La Porcherie: Great for a holiday with little ones (mine were 3 and a half and 5 months). On the first floor there was a big, open sleeping area with huge double bed, a smaller room with beds for 2 children and a cot for a baby, plus a family bathroom. The ground floor was a large, open plan kitchen/living room with dining table in an extension off the kitchen. Also a new double ensuite extension on the ground floor (perfect for inviting Nanny or Granny if you are so inclined). Lovely lawn grounds with swing/slide combo for the little ones. Great fenced pool. Very helpful hosts who loaned various baby and toddler equipment free of charge (baby seat, booster chair, toddler loo seat). There were also stair gates in the property (although they were a little flimsy if you have a very boisterous toddler). Brilliant bits were the pool, the swing/slide in the garden and the brio-type train set that the hosts provided which kept my little boy entertained for hours! The hosts also lent us a paddling pool which was great for the baby. Only shame was the lack of dishwasher and that the little garden directly in front of the gite was not fully enclosed (although it only opened onto the larger grounds) which would have made it even more child friendly. Also the lovely outdoor eating area was set to pebbles rather than paving. Whilst it was fun having your own "beach" and sorting through the different pebbles, the stones did get everywhere and you had to remember your shoes before wandering out. Rating 4 out of 5, Christine, Aug 2013.
- Lovely welcome, excellent facilities (pool, gardens, gite) and good location to explore dordogne region from. Big thanks to Malcolm and Jacqui for being helpful but never intrusive. My children 8 & 7!had plenty to occupy them which gave me and my wife time to relax as well as practice our table tennis skills! Rating 5 out of 5, Craig, Jul 2013.
- La Grange: Spent a week here with my family and we had an excellent time. Malcolm & Jaqui were excellent hosts and were very attentive. The accommodation was perfect for our needs. The on site pool and other facilities were excellent. Set in a peaceful little hamlet, far away from the hustle and bustle. A swim in the local river is a must for the more adventurous. Located within a short drive of a number of interesting villages and activities too numerous to list to be honest. However Brantome, Aubeterre and Riberac were particular favourites. The Boulangerie at Allemans was very good with some of the best tasting pastry in France. On the whole, a cracking place, excellent hosts who really went out of their way to ensure that you had everything that you needed (including Cheddar & bacon!!! :)). Should have stayed longer but will definitely be making a second trip. Rating 5 out of 5, Richard, Jul 2013.
- La Porcherie: A wonderful place to spend our first family holiday with our 18month old. The owners are lovely and the setting is perfect. We were immediately at ease on arrival and the welcome pack and evening meal waiting for us were fabulous additions after the car journey down through France. The gite had everything we needed for our little one; the garden, pool and surrounding countryside provided everything else we needed for a lovely holiday. It benefits from the peace and quiet of the countryside but is only a short drive away from small villages and towns with the necessary boulangeries, supermarkets and cash machines. Bathing rivers and lakes are within 20 minutes drive and some of the most beautiful towns in the Dordogne are easily reached for a days visit. We highly recommend the Chauffeur Gites for your holiday. Rating 5 out of 5, Watts family, Sept 2011.
- We have just booked our third holiday at Chaffour Gite Holidays. It is a fantastic family friendly environment. Beautiful surroundings, convenient location for both river beach and town. The family that own the complex are wonderful and recommended some great days (and evenings) out. This is a great family holiday that has kept us going for the whole year! Rating 5 out of 5, Mary, Aug 2010.
- "Favourite things, especially for our 2 year old boy were the water mirror in Bordeaux, the fountains in Riberac and the castle in Bourdeilles. A really comfortable and lovely gite – well looked after and welcomed by Malcolm and Jaqui. Thank you." The Cutts Family, 2013.
- "Thank you for a lovely holiday. The gite was lovely, with plenty of toys to keep Jasmine (4) occupied. The general location of the gite was great for exploring the area, we particularly enjoyed the beach at Aubeterre and St. Aulaye." The Patel Family, 2013.
- Lovely. Very clean. Great facilities. And quite frankly a relief as that moment when you get to your accommodation on a holiday can really be make or break can't it?! Some places just don't look like the pictures but La Porcherie does and it's great - Baker Family - August 2009
- We've had a wonderful week here with family and friends. Very relaxing and pleasant – we're all thoroughly chilled. Thank you for the loan of your wonderful home. – Hill Family – August 2011
This place is so great! I love the pool and the massive garden. The house is really nice and I'm so happy we're here. – Thornton Family – July 2012
- We just wanted to send you our sincere thanks for the wonderful holiday that we enjoyed at Chauffour. We returned safely and are living off our holiday memories ever since! What a great break we had, testament to this is the fact that the television never went on at all......Pure bliss! We wish you every success with Chauffour and send our thanks and best wishes again. PS ..... Hugh is still talking about ‘Jaqui' and the cat! – Bronan Family – August 2012
Holiday Gite Accommodation Summary (FR198) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
6 or 7
|3||2||£500-900/wk & £550-1,100/wk|
|Click to visit owner's website for more info & online booking||Jaqui on 0033 553914396 from the UK, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
Family Friendly Accommodation available:
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
For up to date holiday availability, please click link below
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of these holiday cottages.