domaine de chalain holiday park, lac de chalain, jura, eastern france
Holiday Park Accommodation Summary (FR274) (click here for map)
- Set by a lake in wonderful forested countryside, with a fantastic waterpark for the whole family.This holiday park offers the attractions of a great waterpark, combined with a beautiful setting on the eastern shores of Chalain Lake. The blue waters of the lake are backed by the forested Jura hills, and offer a wonderful natural setting for relaxing on the lakeside beach and enjoying the scenery, or hiring a canoe or pedalo. There is also an extensive range of amenities including a bar and restaurant. The family friendly holiday park becomes quite lively in high season, and is ideal for those wanting an active holiday and to explore the beautiful countryside.
- Click here for more information and to make an online booking at this family friendly holiday park with swimming pool at Domaine de Chalain, Jura, Eastern France from Eurocamp - ABTA members - book securely online 24 hours a day for latest offers
- This is a wonderful area for those who enjoy the outdoors, with plenty of superb walking and cycling trails through wonderful scenery. Use Eurocamp walking notes to explore the local area. Arbois, twenty-two miles away, is one of the most attractive towns in the Jura.
- Facilities at this family friendly lakeside holiday park in the Jura region of eastern France is as follows: 3 swimming pools - 2 indoor heated & 1 outdoor pool & waterslides, sauna, jacuzzi, canoeing, pedalos, kayaking, tennis court, table tennis, football, basketball, volleyball, skateboard, rollerskating, beach volleyball, archery, boules, horse riding, fishing onsite, crazy golf, 4 playgrounds, cycle hire, restaurant, bar, wifi internet & launderette.
Holiday accommodation available is as follows:
- Villanova Mobile Home (sleeps 7) - 8.5m x 3m, modern, well equipped including a fully fitted kitchen and lounge/dining area. 2 bedrooms - master, twin with foldaway bunk, lounge converts to double bed, bathroom with shower & toilet
- Villagrand 3 bedroom mobile home (sleeps 8) - 8.5m x 3.7m, with open plan lounge/dining room & fully fitted kitchen. 3 bedrooms - master double, twin, bunk bedroom, bathroom with shower & toilet, lounge converts to double bed.
- Vista mobile home (sleeps 4) - around 8m x 4m, contemporary mobile homes are designed for comfortable living both indoors and out, with large French doors opening out onto the decking* from both the kitchen and the living area to give the maximum benefit from open air living. The Vista features a fully fitted kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 1 or 2 bathrooms and a bright spacious lounge.
- Supertent camping (sleeps 6) - 5.2m x 5.2m, the incredibly bright and spacious four bedroom Supertent has electric lighting and a kitchen with fully enclosed storage units, work surface and a full size fridge with freezer compartment and a 4 burner cooker with grill. There are also comfortable beds with foam mattresses for a good night's sleep.
- Touring Caravan Pitches & Camping Pitches
Local tourist attractions include:
- Dino Zoo - traces the evolution of animals from millions of years ago the present day. There are reconstructions of a variety of dinosaurs
- Chateau d'Arlay - The château, a former convent, has immaculate gardens, with fun being the theme. The trees and plants are laid out in a scheme to resemble a number of games such as croquet, dominoes and draughts. Since 1994 the château has been home to the centre for wild fauna species including owls and birds of prey
- Les Grottes de la Balme - The caves of La Balme are particularly surprising because of the richness and diversity of their underground phenomena. Animations allow discovery of the beauty of the cave (stalactites and stalagmites) via a light and sound show. Infra-red cameras allow the visitor to observe the bats which live in the caves. A visit lasts 1hr 30 mins
- Maison de Louis Pasteur - Guided visit to discover the house where Louis Pasteur spent his childhood. The house has been retained exactly as it was in Pasteur's day
- Touro Parc en Beaujolais - Touro Parc is a wildlife park and leisure park combined with a number of small railways to help get around the park. There is a waterpark which opens in high season only. The wildlife park has over 800 animals from around the world. There are good restaurants and eating facilities
- Salins les Bains salt mines - Salt mines and thermal baths
reviews made directly to recommended family holidays
- Please send us a review of this lakeside holiday park in eastern France by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".