holiday accommodation in the french alps
- Technically known as Rhone-Alpes, this area is a haven for sports with Mont Blanc and four national parks. In the winter the activities include skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, dog sleds, climbing or ice diving. Nearly all the holiday chalets and apartments we feature can arrange your childcare and ski school, giving you great advice on how to organise that skiing holiday for the whole family.
- This winter, actually every winter, my family & I drive down to the French Alps for our family ski holiday. Its perfect for us, we pack up the car with our mountain of stuff, use our Tesco Clubcard vouchers for a free Eurotunnel crossing and stopover at a family friendly hotel on the way down & up, just to break up the journey. When the kids were small, we started them off skiing at Sainte Foy - I can't recommend this family friendly resort highly enough. Now though, the kids want "more"! So we are off to ski the Paradiski. As a family, the accommodation that best suits us is ski in/ski out self catering apartments or "residences" as they are often known in France. As adults, we don't have to sleep in the same room as the kids & we have flexibility on catering - they offer a breakfast service and an evening catering service where the meal is delivered to your door - easy if you don't want to cook. Plus many of them have an onsite swimming pool, hot tub, kids games area & a spa if I don't fancy skiing! We normally book via Pierre et Vacances which is part of the better known Center Parcs group, so they certainly know how to keep families happy, and even better they have a superb choice at fantastic prices. This year we are off to Les Arcs or La Plagne, can't decide!
- In the summer the French Alps is transformed into spectacularly beautiful mountainous scenery and activities available are hiking, mountain biking, climbing, swimming, horse riding, golf, tennis, paragliding, canyoning, rock climbing, canoeing, kayaking and fishing - all great things to keep the kids busy on your family holiday.
- Below is a summary of the child friendly accommodation we feature in the French Alps - many have family friendly features such as babysitting, baby equipment, DVD players, games rooms and early children's dinners to keep all of the children happy whilst you enjoy your holiday too! To find your family holidays in the French Alps just click on the property name for further details, or use the interactive map below by clicking on the markers.
- If you have any other places to recommend in the French Alps then please click on "Make a Holiday Recommendation" to send us a review, or if you would like to advertise your own holiday accommodation then please click on "List my holiday accommodation on Recommended Family Holidays".
- PS. Why not check out our blog posting that looks at Family skiing holidays with Pierre et Vacances - ski holidays with the kids are fraught with potential problems - accommodation, childcare, non-skiers in the group, catering, ski equipment, kids activities after skiing - let Pierre et Vacances, part of the Center Parcs group help you. Read on..... by clicking here to view the blog posting & see how they can help you. Published 27 December 2014
Self Catering Chalets & Apartments, Catered Chalets & Hotel Accommodation
|Sainte Foy Chalet Hotel French Alps||1||5||8 beds||8||Alpine||YYN||N||YN||YN||YY||€490- €910 pp/wk catered||sleeps 24, hot tub, sauna, bar, nanny|
|Chamonix Apartments, French Alps||1-3 beds||Alpine||YY||YYY||Y||YN||NN||YN||from £909/wk||Ski in Ski Out, gym, games room, bar|
|Sainte Foy Chalets, French Alps||1-6 beds||14||Alpine||YY||YYN||N||YN||YN||YY||€400- €4,750/wk self catered||Full catering options available|
|Val Thorens Self Catering||1-6 bed||Alpine||YY||YYY||Y||YN||YN||YN||Creche available. All ski in/out|
map of holiday accommodation in the french alps
View French Alps Holidays in a larger map