Auberge sur la Montagne in the French Alps
Have a soak in the hot tub at the end of the day
Relax by the roaring fire after skiing
Superb home cooked food
Family en-suite bedroom
Relax in the lounge area after skiing
Fully refurbished, stunning bedrooms
Nursery slopes at Sainte Foy
Sainte Foy: superb family friendly resort
Why not go to the Auberge and ski at Christmas?
Or its equally gorgeous for a summer holiday in the Alps
Fantastic summer sports in the Alps for the family
auberge sur la montagne, sainte foy, french alps
- The Auberge sur la Montagne is a small boutique-hotel decorated in a harmonious mix of contemporary and traditional design. Our spacious lounge with its 200 year old wooden beams has comfy sofas, a fully stocked bar and a huge fireplace. It has been styled in colours that reflect the local scenery - slate grey, sky blue and snowy white. Our candle-lit dining room has been decorated in tones of cool grey with contemporary bright accent colours.
- We have a separate Kid's Den with squashy bean-bags and Sky TV (terrestrial & free-to-view channels), a sun trap south-facing terrace and garden, boules court and eight guest bedrooms sleeping up to twenty-four people. We have a state-of-the-art outdoor hot tub and sauna installed in the garden. A great way to relax after a hard day on the piste!
- The Auberge has five spacious, comfortable guest bedrooms sleeping up to fifteen people in the main chalet. For larger groups there is additional accommodation for 6 people in the 3 rooms of the adjoining Garden Wing. The ground floor rooms and Garden Wing rooms were completely renovated in 2014 and the upstairs rooms in 2015. They have warm, solid oak floors, walls painted in soothing Farrow & Ball colours, beautiful Designers Guild cushions and colourful Tweedmill knitted pure wool throws. The bathrooms have all been renovated too. We hope you'll like them as much as we do.
- For a group who book us completely, we will close the Auberge to outsiders and run it as your own private chalet-hotel. If you are used to British tour operator accommodation you will find our spaciousness and attention to detail a refreshing change!
- At the Auberge all the meals are home-cooked using fresh, local produce by Will, our highly talented, creative, professional chef using fresh, local produce. He takes a pride in serving a mix of local dishes and international cuisine. Vegetarians are well catered for by Andy Mac, himself a vegetarian, who is a qualified Cordon Vert chef, and we are happy to cater for other special dietary needs with advance notice.
- We have special prices for children that vary according to numbers and rooming so please discuss this with us. We serve an early children's supper which gives you ample time to get them into bed or settle them in front of a video leaving you free to enjoy a leisurely dinner. Our DVD/video collection had over 150 titles at the last count and we have UK satellite TV (terrestrial & free-to-view channels) as well as a great collection of games and juggling balls.
- Our properties are a particularly suitable base for a winter sports holiday with children being perfectly placed to ski in probably the most child friendly resort in the world: Sainte. Foy! Ski passes for the under seven's are FREE. The well- equipped crèche takes those over 3 years and can link up with the ski school so that your children can be entertained and cared for from 9 AM to 5 PM should you so wish. Sainte Foy is a resort where parents can ski with the peace of mind that their children are in good hands.
- We have our own qualified nanny during the winter season who will look after your children aged 6 months and over. She can collect older children from ski school if required and return to your accommodation where she can give them lunch and entertain them until you return from skiing. Both indoor and outdoor activities are available e.g. board games, colouring, sculpting, sledging and building snowmen. We also have a good stock of children's videos and DVD's. She will also be available for evening babysitting. As places are limited, we advise you to book in advance - ask for further details.
- Teenagers: provisions for older children are often overlooked, but not at the Auberge. Teenagers can entertain themselves watching a movie in the den whilst the adults have dinner and after the younger ones have gone to bed.
- In the summer there are children's activity programmes at all the local resorts, including Sainte Foy where they can try a variety of sports and activities e.g. archery, cycling, swimming, pony riding, tennis, climbing etc etc.
- Click here to check availability of The Auberge sur la Montagne, Sainte Foy, French Alps
- Please send us a review of this chalet hotel in the French Alps by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 1 family holiday recommendation, average rating 5 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 5 out of 5
- I can honestly say this was one of the best catered ski holiday accommodation we have every stayed in. The food was absolutely superb, the service excellent (nothing was too much trouble), the bar had a lovely atmosphere and the prices were really reasonable. The kids, aged 6 and 7, couldn't have been happier with the games room/DVD selection and early dinners. Skiing in Sainte Foy was perfect for them - it was their first ski holiday and they had plenty to do and enjoyed their half days in the ski school. The location of the chalet is down the mountain so I would recommend a car but the advantage of that is you are just down the road from plenty of other excellent ski areas - Val d'Isere, Tignes - others staying at the chalet skiied a different resort each day. Highly recommended and we would definitely go again even if we skiied in Tignes for example - the accommodation was so good that we would be happy to travel the 10-15 mins up the mountain each day. Rating 5 out of 5, Lucilla (yes - editor), stayed Apr 2012.
- Anyone can set up business running a chalet, but I know of none who provide the care, attention and personal touch that we found at the Auberge.
- "The owners, Suzanne and Andy Mac, welcome children: there are family suites, games, English language videos etc. Children under 7 ski for no charge in Sainte Foy. "
Chalet Hotel Accommodation Summary (FR113) (click here for map)
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
click link below for availability
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of this chalet hotel.