ski france - self catering accommodation, catered chalets & hotels
- Ski France is ABTA registered & has specialised in skiing holidays to France for over 25 years. It is the flexibility I like about this partner - you can book flight only, accommodation only or both together. In addition, you can book lift passes, ski hire & childcare in advance. For families, Ski France particularly recommends mi-altitude ski villages with established amenities & quick access to the slopes. They suggest the resorts of La Plagne, Alpe d'Huez and La Tania but of course they do cover other resorts in the Alps.
- La Plagne is a modern resort made up of 10 villages, all of which are practically on the slopes giving exceptionally easy access. The resort is linked to neighbouring Les Arcs and is part of the Paradiski area. There are 2 glaciers reaching over 3000m high so is a snow-sure resort. There is a large variety of runs that suit all abilities & several good ski schools makes this a popular resort for families & groups of mixed ability. For snow-boarders there are four snow parks. For non-skiers there is an ice rink, swimming pool, dog sledging, snow-shoeing, paintballing & even a bobsleigh run! Ski France offers self catering apartments, catered chalets & hotel accommodation in La Plagne. Childcare is well organised with the ESF running a nursery & ski garden for 18 months - 2 years & Petits Bonnets take babies from 6 months old. Click here to go straight to La Plagne
- Alpe d'Huez is a purpose built resort so perhaps lacks Alpine charm however it makes up for it with the huge variety of skiing on offer for all abilities. It is one of the oldest & largest resorts in the Alps with a huge choice of activities available at a high altitude so is pretty much snow sure all season. So whether you are attracted to the apres-ski or to the facilities, it might just be the place for you & your group. Believe it or not there is a massive 248km of runs available in resort, not to mention the off piste opportunities. Childcare options are good with care available for 2 year olds upwards. For non-skiers there is a swimming pool, ice rink, cinemas & a large choice of bars, restaurants & shops. Ski France offers self catering apartments, catered chalets or all inclusive options. Click here to go straight to Alpe d'Huez
- La Tania is the newest resort in the famous Three Valleys ski area. The village's wooden buildings give it a real cosy charm & whilst tucked between the more well known Courchevel & Meribel, it is a car-free village. If you are looking for a lively apres-ski with lots of nightlife then this is not the resort for you, but there are still plenty of things to do after skiing & for non-skiers such as skidoos, paragliding & snowshoeing. Ski France offers either catered or self catered chalets & the accommodation is mostly dotted around the pistes making for easy access to the slopes. Childcare is available from the age of 3 & the ESF runs the main ski school in resort. Click here to go straight to La Tania
- Avoriaz - part of the Portes du Soleil area on the French/Swiss border. A car free resort with skiing for all abilities however it is actually famous to snowboarders with a number of international competitions held here. Part of its charm is that the village streets form part of the pistes & therefore there is easy access to the slopes. Self catering accommodation available.
- Courchevel - one of the most impressive ski resorts of the Alps & part of the Three Valleys ski area. It offers fantastic skiing for all abilities, a lively night life and plenty on offer for non-skiers. Catered chalets, self catering accommodation & Bed & Breakfast is available.
- Chamonix - the main resort in the Mont Blanc ski area with some fantastic scenery on offer. It offers some of the best off piste skiing in Europe so perhaps might not be the choice for absolute beginners however the nightlife is legendary. Self catering accommodation available.
- Flaine - the main resort of the Grand Massif ski area. This resort is set in a natural bowl so is normally warmer than most & offers great snow conditions. Perhaps the greatest advantage of this resort is that is only an hour from Geneva. It is a purpose built resort so not the prettiest but certainly offers everything you would need on your ski holiday. Self catering accommodation available.
- Isola 2000 - located in the southern French Alps, just 90km from Nice. However it is a high altitude resort so has a good snow record & is great for beginners & intermediates. A purpose built resort so again, not the prettiest but has everything you need. Self catering accommodation available.
- La Joue du Loup - an exceptional family resort in the high Alps. It is a small resort but offers good variety of skiing & plenty of amenities to keep you busy.
- Les Arcs - comprises four resorts all with fantastic views & almost guaranteed snow. There is a huge range of skiing available for all abilities with easy access to the slopes. Self catering accommodation.
- Les Deux Alpes - a busy resort offering almost guaranteed snow. It is popular with young party goers but also has plenty on offer for families and there is a great sledging area. Catered chalets, all inclusive & half board accommodation options are available.
- Les Menuires - one of the best value resorts of the Three Valleys ski area & is therefore a great resort for families. It is a purpose built resort however it is snow sure & has ski in ski out options. Catered chalets & self catering options available.
- Meribel - set in the middle of the Three Valleys, not only is it a great location, it also has Alpine Charm, good nightlife & ski in ski out accommodation. Catered & self catering.
- Mottaret-Meribel - this is a skiers resort located just above Meribel in the Three Valleys. It is a high altitude resort with easy access to the slopes. All inclusive & half board accommodation.
- Orciers 1850 - 4000m high mountains overlook this cosy little resort with skiing up to 2725m. It is in a stunning location with a friendly French atmosphere. An excellent choice if you have non-skiers in your group as there is a great recreation centre in the resort. Self catering accommodation.
- Peyragudes - situated high in the Pyrenees near the Spanish border giving an exciting alternative to the French Alps. Its a bustling little resort with a laid back atmosphere so is great for families. A great resort for beginners & intermediates. Self catering accommodation.
- Serre Chevalier - a large ski area served by 13 villages with 250km of slopes to explore. Briancon is probably the best for families whereas Villeneuve is a good choice for party-goers. Self catering.
- St Gervais - a family friendly resort set on the western side of Mont Blanc between Chamonix & Megeve so you are lucky to have access to both local slopes & the entire Evasion Mont Blanc area. It is also the only resort in France where you can also enjoy the nearby thermal baths. Self catering.
- St Jean d'Arves - perhaps one of the most rustic & authentic ski villages in France with oodles of charm. Perfect for families looking for a quieter ski holiday with just a few bars & restaurants in resort. However, there is still plenty of skiing on offer as the resort is part of the Les Sybelles ski area offering 310km of slopes & some really pretty skiing. Self catering accommodation.
- St Sorlin d'Arves - another traditional French resort in the Les Sybelles ski area with lots of skiing for all abilities. Ideal for families. Self catering accommodation.
- Superdevoluy - located in the southern Alps between Grenoble & Gap. Linked to La Joue du Loup resort, this is a purpose built friendly resort with direct access to the slopes. Great for families, beginners & intermediate skiers. Self catering.
- Tignes - a resort with guaranteed snow & almost all year round skiing & boarding on its own glacier. It is part of the Espace Killy ski area along with Val d'Isere. A purpose built resort which is great for skiers of all abilities and has some great off piste skiing. Catered chalets in Le Lac available.
- Val d'Isere - a famous resort with guaranteed snow from November to March with fabulous skiing across the Espace Killy area. While the outskirts of the village are modern, the centre still offers traditional Alpine charm. Hard skiing is backed up with hard partying! Catered chalets
- Valloire - offers a real French skiing experience. This welcoming village offers you charming, traditional Alpine architecture & atmosphere. Ideal if you like wide, uncrowded slopes followed by a relaxing, yet jolly apres-ski scene. Self catering.
- Valmeinier - a fantastic location on sunny snow-sure slopes with a traditional village at 1500 (with access to Valloire) or ski in/ski out at 1800 further up the valley. Self catering.
- Val Thorens - the highest resort in Europe at 2300m in the Three Valley area so particularly snow sure with plenty of powder skiing. Car free resort with most of the accommodation directly on the slopes. Probably something for everyone at this resort but wrap up warm - it can be cold this high up! Self catering accommodation options.
- PS. Why not check out our blog posting that looks at Family skiing holidays with Pierre et Vacances - ski holidays with the kids are fraught with potential problems - accommodation, childcare, non-skiers in the group, catering, ski equipment, kids activities after skiing - let Pierre et Vacances, part of the Center Parcs group help you. Read on..... by clicking here to view the blog posting & see how they can help you. Published 27 December 2014
- Please send us a review of these holidays from Ski France by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
Holiday Accommodation Summary (FR317)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities|
2 to 14
1 to 6
1 to 4
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|