Hautes Vienne Gite, St Mathieu, Haute Vienne, Limousin
Holiday Accommodation Summary (FR068) (click here for map)
- Situated in a quiet, rural hamlet just 2kms from the village of St Mathieu and ideal for exploring the Limousin, Dordogne & Charente, this beautifully converted stone barn has 4 en-suite bedrooms (two king size doubles and two twins plus a cot) providing luxury accommodation for 8 people and a baby/toddler. The spacious open plan ground floor has a fully fitted kitchen equipped with hob, oven, microwave, toaster, kettle, coffee machine and all important dishwasher. There is a large dining table & chairs (plus high chair) and comfortable lounge seating. There is also a ground floor cloakroom plus a washing machine in an adjacent utility room.
- There is a private, enclosed garden with sun loungers, sun umbrellas and terrace with BBQ & garden dining furniture to sit 8 people. A selection of outdoor toys are available, e.g. football, bats & balls, boules, and inside there are books, DVDs (one DVD player in the lounge and a second in one of the twin bedrooms), board games and puzzles. En-suite B&B accommodation is also available plus Table d'Hotes evening meals by prior arrangement.
- The open plan design of the ground floor provides spacious, well furnished living and dining areas; a fitted kitchen with ceramic hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge and freezer plus a downstairs cloakroom. There is free broadband internet access available via an Ethernet connection, free to air UK satellite TV, French terrestrial TV and a DVD player. French doors open onto the terrace and the garden beyond.
- A galleried staircase leads to the first floor where four comfortably furnished bedrooms are situated, all with en-suite facilities, making L'Hirondelle perfect for groups of friends or families. There are two double rooms featuring king-size beds and two twin rooms. The gîte benefits from full central heating for the cooler months. Towels and bed-linen are included, with beds made ready for your arrival. Beach towels are available at a small extra charge. There is a washing machine for guest use in the utility room.
- The secluded garden and terrace of the gîte overlook a wooded river valley and the views of rolling hills, fields and woodland are fabulous in all seasons of the year. The terrace has wooden garden furniture, a parasol and a barbecue and there are sun loungers on the grass. For the comfort of all, L'Hirondelle operates a no smoking policy within the gîte. An ash tray is provided on the terrace for smokers use.
- Your hosts are available to offer advice with planning your days and to help you make the most of your precious holiday. We do accept well behaved pets by prior arrangement
reviews made directly to recommended family holidays
- Please send us a review of this Limousin gite by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
Reviews from the Owners' website
- Just a quick note to say thank you very much for a great holiday. We loved the house and the area" – Family Wright