le chateau des marais holiday park, chambord, loire, central france
- A charming woodland holiday park in the Loire close to the Chateau de Chambord, arguably the most magnificent of all Loire chateaux. Set in the spacious grounds of an old stone manor house, the peaceful wooded surroundings make Le Chateau des Marais an ideal holiday park for families with young children in the Loire. The park retains the atmosphere of an exclusive country estate and features a great waterpark with waterslides, a lazy river and a spacious sun terrace. The restaurant, take-away and shop have all been built of local oak to blend in with the surroundings. Some noise may be heard from the nearby road. The family friendly holiday park is a five minute walk from the village of Muides-sur-Loire. A small indoor spa, sauna, hammam and jacuzzi has been built on the park, however, there is a small charge.
- Six miles away is the Chateau de Chambord, one of the most extravagant of the Royal palaces along the Loire. The forests and parks are perfect for walks, cycling and picnics. The beautiful Chateau de Chenonceau is probably the most famous and romantic of all the Loire chateaux, only one hour’s drive away. You should also visit the medieval city of Tours with its fine Gothic cathedral.
- Family holiday activities on the park include: kids clubs, 5 outdoor swimming pools (one covered), waterslides, lazy river, spa, jacuzzi, tennis, table tennis, football, badminton, volleyball, gym, cycle hire, horse riding, nearby fishing, crazy golf, 3 playgrounds, restaurant, launderette & shop.
- The pool complex feature five pools some covered, some outdoors. There are also two waterslides on offer and a host of sunloungers and parasols for whiling away the lazy days in the sun. Surrounded by evergreen trees, the complex offers a fresh atmosphere for the whole family to enjoy. There is no charge for sun loungers.
- 4 playgrounds, crazy golf, table tennis, football, badminton, volleyball, boules & indoor games room
- Tennis courts onsite - 2 half size courts, perfect for the budding tennis stars of the future
- Cycle hire available including helmets, kids & adult bikes and child seats
- FREE kids clubs including during May - Sept: Mini fun station (aged 6 months to 5 years); Learn to swim (aged 1 to 5 years); Learn to ride a bike (aged 3-6 years). During peak summer: Fun station for all (ages 4-12 years).
- For mini-tots you can hire play tents, all terrain buggies, toddler trucks.
- Book baby equipment in advance such as cots, highchairs, potties, bed rails, changing mats, booster seats, baby baths & decking gates
- All mobile homes are toddler friendly including night lights, blackout curtains or blinds, toddler cutlery, toilet step, plug socket covers, door frame finger stoppers & safety gate.
- Onsite restaurant including kids menu, takeaway, onsite shop & laundry. 2 bars, one beside the water park
- Entertainment team during peak summer season: Quizzes, bingo, talent competitions, sports tournaments.
- Château de Chambord is the largest and grandest of all the châteaux in the Loire Valley, with 22 miles of stone walls and more than 12,000 acres of countryside, and is supposedly designed in part by Leonardo Da Vinci.
- If you need to let off some steam then Adventure Park Nançay will be sure to wear everyone out! It is a woodland adventure park with courses to suit all ages. You will be walking across tightropes, swinging like Tarzan and leaping across rope bridges.
- Zoo Parc de Beauval is an excellent animal attraction. It has over 4,500 animals, from white tigers to Chinese pandas. Sea lion and birds of prey shows will have you clapping and squawking along.
- For a weird and wonderful day out visit La Maison de la Magie. This house of magic is a very exciting venue with tricks and illusions around every corner. It is dedicated to the magician and inventor Jean Eugène Robert-Houdin.
- Blois is close by – an attractive royal old town with lots of restaurants and bars. It also has a wonderful château, enriched by a sound and light show.
- Parc Floral de la Source is a delightful place and a UNESCO World Heritage listed site. Its rows and rows of fragrant flower beds are glorious. But it is not just the flowers that are interesting sights; there are also a number of animals, including donkeys, sheep and birds, and a butterfly greenhouse where the winged creatures are free to fly or rest on your collar.
- Aspect 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double, 1 twin & 1 bunk bedroom, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen. Extra large decking that doubles your living space.
- Espace 3 bedroom loft (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double with en suite shower, toilet & 2 twin bedrooms, central living/dining area & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen, second bathroom. Mezzanine area above the living area. French doors leading from master bedroom & living area to deck.
- Espace 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 2 twin bedrooms, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen. French doors leading from master bedroom & living area to deck.
- Espirit 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 2 twin bedrooms, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Classic Plus 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double, 1 twin & 1 bunk bedroom, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Classic 3 bedroom (sleeps 8, max 6 adults) - 1 double, 1 twin & 1 bunk bedroom, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Vista 2 bedroom (sleeps 7, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 1 single bedroom with bunk beds, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen. French doors leading onto spacious deck area.
- Espirit 2 bedroom (sleeps 7, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 1 single bedroom with bunk beds, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Classic Plus 2 bedroom (sleeps 7, max 6 adults) - 1 double & 1 single bedroom with bunk beds, central living/dining area with sofa bed & a well equipped fully fitted kitchen.
- Treehouse (sleeps 6, max 4 adults) - Access is via a spiral staircase and they come equipped with 1 double & 2-4 single beds under a thatched, pitched roof; 1 or 2 dry toilets; A large decked terrace with table and chairs means you can relax and watch the world go by from your lofty position. Sorry no under 2s allowed for safety reasons.
- Please send us a review of this Loire Valley holiday park by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- Great little park and a good base to explore. The Aspect accommodation was lovely and I will defiantly be booking this again.
- Lovely park in a beautiful part of the Loire Valley. Very child friendly.
- Beautiful part of Loire Valley. Lots to see and do including sight seeing places of historical interest, watching the wildlife and outdoor activities. We had excellent wether which made a contribution to our holiday.
- Chateau de Chambord was really good, as was the 8pm visit to see the wild boar and deer from the hides.
- We enjoyed visiting Blois, Amboise, Beaugency and Beauval Zoo Parc. Would definitely recommend the Zoo, Amboise, the House of Magic in Blois and the sound and light show at the château in Blois. Chambord too was lovely.
- Blois was fantastic, especially the House of Magic and the Saturday market. Chateau de Chambord was great too, and we all loved canoeing at St Dye… Hard work but great fun!
- We went to Chateau de Chambord which was huge which the kids loved to run around. It was well worth stopping at the viewing stations in the country park around the chateau, we saw deer and wild boar. Blois was a lovely, typically French town with old houses and squares. We also enjoyed its chateau and the sword fighting display in the afternoon - every child there thought it was real!
Holiday Park Accommodation Summary (FR278) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6 each
1 to 2
|1||not yet||from £50 per night|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|