saumur holiday cottages, neuille, loire valley, west central france
- Two 14th century stone holiday cottages with exposed stone and beams, set in the grounds of the impressive Château Salvert in the heart of the Loire Valley. There is a shared swimming pool near the château with attractive barn-style pool house with a stunning view, 150m from the cottages. The château town of Saumur lies 10 minutes to the south, with a chance to sample some of the world famous sparkling wine and one of the many fine restaurants which can be found here.
- Click links below for more information, availability and to make an online booking at these self catering holiday cottages with pool in the Loire Valley from our partners, Cottages.com - a member of ABTA with secure accredited online booking system with price match guarantee (please book online if possible, thank you)
- Adjacent woodland park to explore
- Private terrace & garden with furniture & BBQ
- Shared heated outdoor swimming pool (13m x 6m, depth 0.90m to 2.5m) with pool house and small drop from pool house terrace (take care with children)
- Open fireplace (fuel at cost), Electric heating (at cost)
- Washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, microwave
- Satellite TV, DVD player, CD/Stereo
- Travel cot available on request
- Parking (2 private garages)
- Table tennis
- All linen included
- No smoking & no pets please
- NB: There is the possibility of dining and sampling French meals in the castle.
- La Brosse Holiday Cottage (3 bedrooms, sleeps 6): Entrance hall. Separate WC. Living room with antique furniture and open fire with view of castle. Well equipped, fitted kitchen/dining room with woodland view. Downstairs double bedroom with antique bed and en-suite bathroom. First floor: Two double bedrooms, one with antique bed. Shower room/WC. Cottage Reference: F49145
- Le Pressoir Holiday Cottage (4 bedrooms, sleeps 8): Living/dining room with well-equipped corner kitchen and open fire. Laundry room. Downstairs twin bedroom with antique beds and en-suite bathroom. Separate WC. First floor: Two kingsize bedrooms, one with additional single bed. Single bedroom. Shower room with double basin. Separate WC. Cottage Reference: F49156
- Please send us a review of these Loire Valley holiday cottages by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- La Brosse Cottage: Really spacious place, very helpful owner. The location is great, allowing you to easily reach all the main attractions in the area. So much room in the cottage and pretty well equipped, and the pool was fabulous! Note that on our visit the owner was happy to cover the 250 Euro deposit by taking credit card details
- La Brosse Cottage: Clean property, nice atmosphere & grand furnishings. Very friendly & helpful owner.
- La Brosse Cottage: The swimming pool was very good, and the fact that it was not located next to the accommodation was good for us as we had two small children so did not have to worry about them running out to it. The kitchen and living room were large, I think the photographs did not really convey the large size
- La Brosse Cottage: The cottage and facilities were in excellent condition. The grounds of the chateau offered our children so much room to play in and freedom which made our holiday very relaxing.
- Le Pressoir Cottage: Spacious bedrooms, plenty of storage space for clothes. Bath and separate shower great, especially with younger children. Nice kitchen area and comfortable seating and eating area. Very clean and tidy,but also homely - could relax a little with young children as not too much glass for dirty hand prints etc. Lots of outdoor space and lovely pool which is a little walk from the property - again great for young children as don't have to worry that they may wander in accidentally on their own.
- Le Pressoir Cottage: The location was quiet and beautiful. The accommodation was spacious and had everything we needed. The pool was added bonus essential in hot weather with two children! Lots to do and see in the vicinity.
- Le Pressoir Cottage: The property is an excellent place to stay if you want to be within easy reach of the amenities of the Loire Valley.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (FR313) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6 each
1 to 2
|1||not yet||from £375/wk|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|