l'etang de la breche holiday park, saumur, loire valley, central france
- L’Etang de la Breche Holiday Park, just 5 miles from the market town of Saumur, is an extremely well maintained, family run Castels holiday park in the tranquil setting of the Loire Valley situated opposite the River Loire. Offering the best of both worlds for adults and children alike, the holiday park offers a complete package of activities and fun. A dream holiday for children, it’s fantastic, sprawling water park complex consisting of four pools, water slides, and sun terrace, is all set in an upmarket country club atmosphere. Beautiful old stone buildings surround a courtyard housing a shop, oak beamed bar and elegant conservatory restaurant.
- With an array and choice of holiday accommodation ranging from two to three bedroom mobile homes sleeping up to eight people, to touring caravan and camping pitches, the holiday park really offers a fantastic holiday experience without even having to step out of the park.
- Often heard to be described as the ‘garden of France' the Loire Valley is centrally located, containing beautiful scenery of vineyards and storybook Chateaux, historic towns and villages. The beautiful location and fantastic accommodation combined offer a great family holiday that strikes the perfect balance between relaxation and fun activities.
- Click here for more information and to make an online booking at this family friendly holiday park with swimming pools at Saumur, Loire Valley, Central France from Eurocamp - ABTA members - book securely online 24 hours a day for latest offers
- This Loire Valley is famous for its excellent wine, grown on the banks of the Loire, and is also well known for its mushroom caves and troglodyte houses built into limestone cliffs. The zoo at Doué-la-Fontaine has many wild animals roaming free and is extremely popular with families on holiday.
- Family holiday activities on the park include: kids clubs, 4 outdoor swimming pools (1 covered), waterslides, waterchutes, tennis, table tennis, football, badminton, basketball, volleyball, boules, cycle hire, horse riding, fishing onsite, 4 playgrounds, crazy golf, restaurant, launderette & shop.
- Free fun station activities for children aged 4 to 12
- Villanova Mobile Home (sleeps 7) - 8.5m x 3m, modern, well equipped including a fully fitted kitchen and lounge/dining area. 2 bedrooms - master, twin with foldaway bunk, lounge converts to double bed, bathroom with shower & toilet
- Villagrand 3 bedroom mobile home (sleeps 8) - 8.5m x 3.7m, with open plan lounge/dining room & fully fitted kitchen. 3 bedrooms - master double, twin, bunk bedroom, bathroom with shower & toilet, lounge converts to double bed.
- Villagrand deluxe mobile home (sleeps 8) - 10.4m x 3.7m, luxury mobile home looking more like a villa with open plan lounge/dining area & fully fitted kitchen. 3 bedrooms - master double, twin, bunk bedroom, 2 bathrooms with shower & toilet, lounge converts to double bed.
- Touring Caravan Pitches & Camping Pitches
- Futuroscope - the European theme park of the moving image. It is both fun and educational and the futuristic buildings house many attractions. Almost 25 million visitors since 1987. 140,000 miles of film are projected each year. An excellent selection of services including many restaurants, baby changing, cash machines, parking, shops etc.
- Zoo de Doué-la-Fontaine - Zoo set in 10 hectares of land, with approximately 500 animals.
- Le Puy du Fou - A reconstruction of an 18th century village with villagers in costume. The ruins of a 13th century chateau where you can watch a fabulous falconry display or see the Vikings at war. You can spend hours wandering the grounds and gardens. The evening show is an incredible open-air night show with 850 people and 50 horsemen.
- Musee des Blindes - This museum celebrates the history of the tank from 1917 to today. There are over 800 tanks and military vehicles from all over the world of which 200 are in working condition.
- Chateau d'Usse (Sleeping Beauty) - was the inspiration for the tale of Sleeping Beauty. Situated on the edge of the forest of Chinon, the present château was built in the 15th century. Gothic and Renaissance architecture. The old chapel and large gallery house many 11th century tapestries.
- Abbaye de Fontevraud - Built at the end of the 11th Century. Before the French Revolution it was the most important and richest Abbey in France. Served as a prison between 1804-1965. Now home to the cultural centre for the west of France. Surrounded by beautiful gardens.
- Chateau Azay-le-Rideau - Built on an island by the Indre River in the early 16th Century. The castle is a mixture of two great styles - French and Italian Renaissance. The interior is preserved as a renaissance museum. It houses a collection of 16th and 17th Century Flemish tapestries.
- Chateau de Chinon - mostly in ruins but is impressive for the views it offers over the Vienne valley. Visited by Joan of Arc to persuade Charles VII to regain his kingdom. Richard the lionheart died here in 1199.
- Rochemenier - is a troglodyte (cave dwelling) village. Two ancient farms containing several hundred agricultural implements and pieces of furniture. An underground chapel and troglodyte house which demonstrates how it is still possible to live in this kind of dwelling. Guided tours available.
- Wine Museum Chinon - Situated in a wine cellar, this museum explains the process of wine-making through miniature models. Wine tasting included in the entrance fee.
- Please send us a review of this Loire Valley holiday park by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
Holiday Park Accommodation Summary (FR280) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6 each
1 to 2
|1||not yet||from £375/wk|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|