lucon holiday cottages, vendee, loire atlantique, western france
- The superb location of Lucon Holiday Cottages close to unspoilt beaches of the Vendee which go on for miles, breath taking scenery, charming seaside villages and towns steeped in history and superlative sightseeing, make this resort a prime spot to visit if you want to sample French hospitality at its best.
- Ideally located in close proximity to the superb beaches of western France, unsurpassed in natural beauty with their white sands and sparkling blue ocean, are our four self-catering holiday cottages. These cottages are located on farmland and comprise 2 apartments with 1-2 bedrooms in the main farmhouse and 2 holiday cottages with 2-3 bedrooms converted from former farm buildings. Meticulous care has been taken to furnish all four cottages stylishly, fitted with modern conveniences, providing unsurpassed comfort for your stay. The cottages also share a heated outdoor swimming pool on the property (open 15 May - 30 Sep). A mere ten minute drive takes you to the glorious Vendee beaches in the Loire Atlantique.
- Click links below for more information, availability and to make an online booking at these self catering holiday cottages with pool in the Loire Atlantique in Western France from our partners, Cottages.com - a member of ABTA with secure accredited online booking system with price match guarantee (please book online if possible, thank you)
- This fascinating area of reclaimed land is criss-crossed with canals and has uninterrupted views for miles, lending a wonderful sensation of light and space. Close by, the charming village of Angles offers shops, bars and restaurants, with a further choice at La Tranche-sur-Mer. The coastline here has miles of sandy beaches, backing on to natural dunes and shady pine forests, making it ideal for family holidays. There are excellent facilities for water sports, including jet-ski hire, windsurfing and sailing, as well as go-karting, micro-lights, tennis, golf and riding in the surrounding area. Further afield, the old port of La Rochelle is easily accessible, as is the bustling resort of Les Sables d’Olonne, offering daily boat trips to the beautiful island of Yeu.
- Shared heated swimming pool (12m x 6m, depth 1.1m to 1.7m)
- Washing machine, Microwave
- Travel cot and highchair (on request, at cost)
- Garden furniture, Sun loungers, Barbecue
- All linen for hire
- NB: Fenced pond and unfenced drainage canal in the grounds (take care with children).
- La Cigogne Holiday Apartment (2 bedrooms, sleeps 4): Apartment in main farmhouse. Ground floor: Living/dining room with corner kitchen. Shower room/WC. First floor: Double bedroom. Twin bedroom. Bathroom with over-bath shower. Separate WC. Central heating (at cost). Cottage Reference: F85203
- Le Colvert Holiday Apartment (1 bedroom, sleeps 4): Apartment in main farmhouse. All on ground floor: Living/dining room with corner kitchen. Double bedroom with additional single bed and pull-out bed. Shower room/WC. Central heating (at cost). Cottage Reference: F85204
- Le Heron Holiday Cottage (3 bedrooms, sleeps 6): Converted from former farm buildings. Two steps to entrance: All on ground floor: Living/dining room with corner kitchen. Two kingsize bedrooms. Twin bedroom. Shower room with double basin. Separate WC. Electric heating (at cost). Dishwasher. Cottage Referrence: F85141
- Le Cygne Holiday Cottage (2 bedrooms, sleeps 4): Converted from former farm buildings. All on ground floor: Living/dining room with corner kitchen. Kingsize bedroom. Twin bedroom. Bathroom with over-bath shower. Separate WC. Electric heating (at cost). Dishwasher. Cottage Reference: F85140
- Location: 5km E of Angles (shops, bars, restaurants), 11km NE of La Tranche-sur-Mer (supermarket, beaches, water sports), 21km SW of Luçon (all facilities).
- Please send us a review of these holiday cottages in the Vendee by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- Beautiful location, rural location, but only few minutes drive to local village, where there's a well stocked supermarket. Basic accommodation, but functional. Pool area is great, clean and welcoming.
- A really wonderful place so quiet. Beautiful beaches within a 10 minute drive.
- Excellent location for beaches as well as going out and about finding things to do. Also if you enjoy fishing especially with children it is right on site, The pool is well kept, heated and the hot shower by the pool is a treat! The owners are also very helpful.
- The gite was spacious, cool and comfortable. The furnishings were good quality and the surrounding countryside was beautiful. The pool was maintained to a very high standard. We were very impressed. ps...we just put good for the weather because it was a heatwave and 39 degrees was too hot - especially after Scotland!
- The amount of space for this property is excellent. Not only do you have private terrace overlooking natural pond, there is large grassed area for bar-b-q and ball games for the kids.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (FR058) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6 each
1 to 2
|1||not yet||from £375/wk|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|