parc de fierbois holiday park, tours, loire, central france
- A spacious, lakeside holiday park in the Loire, partly set in idyllic woodland, offering activities for all the family. Parc de Fierbois is set in 250 acres of wooded parkland surrounding a private chateau. This Castels family friendly holiday park is one mile from the village of St Catherine de Fierbois, and ideally placed for visiting the region’s chateaux. The facilities include a waterpark and lakeside covered pool. From the adjacent lakeside beach you can hire pedalos and canoes in July and August. Music from the holiday park bar can sometimes be heard. A spacious, recently developed poolside bar complex provides entertainment for all the family in high season.
- Click here for more information and to make a booking at this family friendly holiday park with swimming pools near Tours in the Loire, Central France from Eurocamp - ABTA members - book securely online 24 hours a day for latest offers
- The lovely chateau of Azay-le-Rideau is only thirty minutes away by car. This ‘fairy-tale' castle has a 'son et lumière' performance depicting its history. The medieval city of Tours has shops, superb restaurants and a fine Gothic cathedral. Visit a local wine cellar or vineyard, or perhaps hire bikes to explore a little further afield.
- Family holiday activities on the park include: kids clubs, 3 swimming pools (1 indoor heated & 2 outdoors), waterslides, waterchutes, pedalos, tennis, table tennis, football, badminton, basketball, volleyball, jogging trails, skateboarding, rollerskating, beach volleyball, gym, archery, boules, cycle hire, horse riding, fishing onsite, 3 playgrounds, tree adventure course, restaurant, launderette & shop.
- Free fun station activities for children aged 4 to 12
- Free fun base club for kids aged 13+
- Villanova Mobile Home (sleeps 7) - 8.5m x 3m, modern, well equipped including a fully fitted kitchen and lounge/dining area. 2 bedrooms - master, twin with foldaway bunk, lounge converts to double bed, bathroom with shower & toilet
- Villagrand 3 bedroom mobile home (sleeps 8) - 8.5m x 3.7m, with open plan lounge/dining room & fully fitted kitchen. 3 bedrooms - master double, twin, bunk bedroom, bathroom with shower & toilet, lounge converts to double bed.
- Villagrand deluxe mobile home (sleeps 8) - 10.4m x 3.7m, luxury mobile home looking more like a villa with open plan lounge/dining area & fully fitted kitchen. 3 bedrooms - master double, twin, bunk bedroom, 2 bathrooms with shower & toilet, lounge converts to double bed.
- Touring Caravan Pitches & Camping Pitches
- Aquarium de Touraine - Aquarium with plenty to see for the children. Touch tank and feeding shows with crocodiles. Shop, restaurant, bar and picnic area.
- Futuroscope - the European theme park of the moving image. It is both fun and educational and the futuristic buildings house many attractions. 140,000 miles of film are projected each year. An excellent selection of services including many restaurants, baby changing, cash machines, parking, shops etc.
- Chateau d'Usse - the inspiration for the tale of Sleeping Beauty. Situated on the edge of the forest of Chinon, the present chateau was built in the 15th century. Gothic and Renaissance architecture. The old chapel and large gallery house many 11th century tapestries.
- Chateau de Villandry - an elegant castle from the Renaissance period (1536 completion). This castle is also famous for the magical beauty of its gardens. The property and gardens are majestic and full of harmony.
- Chateau de Chenonceau - Built in 1513 on the river Cher, it is one of the finest chateaux in the Loire with outstanding architecture. The chateau is home to fine collections of Renaissance furniture, 16th,17th centuries tapestries and a great number of masterpieces. 70 Hectares of parks and gardens for walks.
- Abbaye de Fontevraud - Built at the end of the 11th Century. Before the French Revolution it was the most important and richest Abbey in France. Served as a prison between 1804-1965. Now home to the cultural centre for the west of France. Surrounded by beautiful gardens.
- Chateau Azay-le-Rideau - Built on an island by the Indre River in the early 16th Century. The castle is a mixture of two great styles - French and Italian Renaissance. The interior is preserved as a renaissance museum. It houses a collection of 16th and 17th Century Flemish tapestries
- Chateau de Chinon - is mostly in ruins but is impressive for the views it offers over the Vienne valley. Visited by Joan of Arc to persuade Charles VII to regain his Kingdom. Richard the Lionheart died here in 1199
- Wine Museum - Museum dedicated to all aspects of wine making
- Zoo de Beauval - Situated in the heart of the Loire valley, this is one of the best zoos in France. Great selections of animals to view, but the main attraction are the white tigers. Regular exhibitions feature birds of prey and feeding the animals
- Chateau de Montrichard - Visit the 11th century chateau ruins in the tourist town of Montrichard
- Wine Museum Chinon - Situated in a wine cellar, this museum explains the process of winemaking through miniature models. Wine tasting included in the entrance fee
- Please send us a review of this Tours holiday park by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- Rated 4.2 out of 5 by Eurocamp customer satisfaction survey.
- "There's so much great scenery and places to visit in the Loire valley. Château de Chinon was particularly interesting, well worth a visit. We loved Saumur, such a pretty town with chic shops and good food. Villandry is a must for anyone who likes a good garden, just beautiful."C. Elliott, Tyne and Wear
- "Descartes market on a Monday morning was great. We also liked Loches and the auberge in the village."M. Lowe, Lancashire
- "Futuroscope was fantastic - so much to see! Château Chenonceau is absolutely gorgeous and we all loved rowing on the river."P. Mooney, Avon
- "All six of us canoed down the river - excellent day out!"D. Donnelly, Dublin
- "About 15 minutes drive away from the parc is Crissay-sur-Manse, one of the prettiest villages I have ever seen, and has a great car boot market with local produce on sale."E. Keyes, Co. Wicklow
Holiday Park Accommodation Summary (FR279) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6 each
1 to 2
|1||not yet||from £375/wk|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|