vendee cottages, gites & villas, western france
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (FR245)
- We have a large selection of cottages, gites & villas in the Vendee region in Western France. The links below will give you the pricing, the current availability and the location details for each property, along with a form to make an enquiry.
- Le Logis de Baritaud:
2 bedrooms, sleeping 4. Shared pool. 2 miles from village amenities. 38 miles from coast. Good value family holiday accommodation in an authentic rural setting in the Vendee. Part of a 19th century Logis in a historic hamlet, with access to extensive grounds and use of the fenced swimming pool. It has it's own independent garden with plenty of play space and a secluded dining terrace. The nearby village of St Germain de Princay (2 miles) has a bakery, there is a bar/restaurant at 1 mile and it's just 4 miles into the town of Chantonnay (shops, supermarket). There is a lake with children's play area and restaurant at just 7 miles and the beaches of the Vendee coast are easily accessible (La Faute sur Mer 38 miles). Well situated for a variety of holiday activities and attractions, including the history theme park Le Puy du Fou and the canals of Green Venice. €595 to €845 per week.
- La Fontaine: 3 bedrooms, sleeping 6. Private pool. This lovely modern villa is in an ideal quiet rural location at just 9 miles form the coastal resort of La Tranche sur Mer. Perfect for family beach holidays, with miles of sandy
beaches and excellent water sports facilities close at hand. Just 4 miles from the nearby charming of Moutiers les
Mauxfaits, offering shops, bars, restaurants and a nice weekly market. The villa benefits from a secluded fenced
pool, a huge lawn area for games (Badminton/volley net), table tennis and UK TV. Ideally situated for exploring
the south Vendee coast, including the town of Les Sables d'Olonne, the pretty port of Jard sur Mer, or the surfing
spots at Les Conches and St Nicolas. Nearby you will find plenty to see and do ; chateau with children's treasure
trail, Indian forest adventure park, an aquarium, go-karts, and lots more. €1195 to €1495 per week.
- Le Cabanon : 2 bedrooms, sleeping 4. Private pool. Bar/bakery in the village, 25 minutes from superb Vendee beaches at La Faute sur Mer. The pretty town of Lucon is at just 5 minutes, offering supermarkets, restaurants,
traditional market and all amenities. Ideal family holiday accommodation, combining a peaceful rural village location with easy access to the coast. Featuring a well equipped interior, UK TV and Internet, , it's own fenced
pool and an attractive terrace/garden area. Access to further large lawn for games and a boules court. Near to
the riverside town of Mareuil sur Lay, well known for it's wine producers and well situated for visiting the canals
and waterways of Green Venice or the charming town of la Rochelle. Lots to see and do in the surrounding area,
including; tree adventure park, chateaux to visit, botanical gardens, canoeing, forest walks. € 595 to € 820 per week
- La Vallee:
3 bedrooms, sleeping 6. Private heated pool. 3 miles from village, 22 miles from the coast. This
clean modern conversion of an authentic stone house offers spacious holiday accommodation in an authentic rural setting. Situated in a farming hamlet amongst attractive countryside, yet within easy reach of the Vendee coast at St Gilles Croix de Vie. There is also a lake with beach, leisure facilities and chateau to visit at just 11 miles. The local village has a few shops, a bar and a restaurant and it's only a short drive into the Vendee 'capital' La Roche sur Yon with its extensive shopping, lots of restaurants, 3 hypermarkets, indoor fun pool and indoor play centre. The house offers a nice enclosed lawn garden, a sunny terrace and a secluded pool area. A practical open-plan living area on the ground floor and 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms upstairs. € 670 to € 1595 per week
- Les Tamaris:
3 or 4 bedrooms, sleeping 6 or 8, heated pool, 3 miles from town amenities, 18 miles from the coast. Excellent value family holiday accommodation in a pleasant village setting, with a bar/bakery just around the corner. Half an hour takes you to the Vendee coastal town of La Faute sur Mer, offering miles of fabulous beaches backing onto dunes and pine forests. Only a few minutes drive from the nearest hypermarket and twice-weekly market in the town of Lucon. Choose from either the 3 bedroom cottage for 6 or the 4 bedroom cottage for up to 8. Both share the lovely heated pool which is in an separate attractive walled garden area (safety gate for peace of mind). Ideal cycling along the quiet lanes. Wine tasting and local producers at Mareuil (from 5 miles), tree adventure park, chateaux and gardens to visit within easy reach. Well placed for visiting the Green Venice area.
€ 670 to € 1,040 per week for 6, € 770 to € 1,250 per week for 8
- Le Griffier: 2 bedrooms, sleeping 4, shared pool, village amenities at 1.5 miles, 23 miles from the coast. Set in a rural location near to a nature reserve. This charming stone cottage offers delightful walks and cycling on quiet lanes amongst the pretty countryside of the Vendee "marais" (cycle hire available locally). Well situated for visiting the canals of the nearby Green Venice area. Midway between the historic towns of Lucon and Fontenay le Comte and within easy reach of the beaches of the Vendee coast. It features a character interior, a double bedroom and a mezzanine bedroom, a pleasant garden area and full use of the owner's swimming pool. The pool has a sliding enclosure for bathing on cooler days. €395 to € 595 per week
- La Haute Mare:
Pair of 4 bedrooms cottages, sleeping 8 each, or the pair for larger groups, heated pool, 4 miles
from town amenities, 20 miles from the coast. Families love this child friendly holiday venue.
Comfortable accommodation, each cottage with it's own terrace area, vast lawn grounds for games,
12m heated pool in a separate fenced area, covered table tennis, boules court, play house, toys, baby
equipment, etc. Well equipped, including English TV and Wi-Fi. Set in a quiet village with a bar/shop
and pizzeria and a short drive to the nearest supermarket and restaurants. 20 miles from the nearest
coast and lovely beaches at La Faute sur Mer. Within easy reach of the historic town of Fontenay le
Comte (chateau to visit), the forest of Mervent (lake, zoo, amusement park, cycle trails), and the
Green Venice area. When let together for larger groups up to 16 people the pool is for sole use.
Reduced rates outside peak season for up to 6 people. € 690 to € 1645 per week per cottage.
- La Rotheliere:
5 bedrooms, sleeps 10. Private heated pool. Cycling distance to bar/restaurant/shop. 25 miles from the coast. This character farmhouse benefits from a tranquil rural location with a superb view over meadows and woods. The local village is just a mile down the quiet lane for daily bread or an evening drink and meal. Just 7 miles from the pretty town of Aizenay for shops and supermarket. Large grounds for games and a beautiful heated pool and sun terrace in a separate fenced area. Well equipped for families, including English TV, Wi-Fi Internet, pool table. The nearest coast is around the well known Vendee resorts of St Jean de Monts and St Gilles Croix de Vie – 25 miles to either. There is also a lake with beach and leisure facilities at just 9 miles. Within a reasonable drive of the island of Noirmoutier, the town of Nantes, or the history theme park of Le Puy du Fou for day trip visits.
Reduced rates for 6 outside peak season. € 745 to € 2055 per week
- Le Coteau:
5 bedrooms, sleeps 10, Private heated pool. 3 miles from village, 22 miles from the coast. Spacious house ideal for large family groups. Within easy reach of the beaches of the Vendee coast at St Gilles Croix de Vie. Situated in a farming hamlet with a marvellous view from the garden over attractive countryside. The local village of Poiré sur Vie offers basic shops, a bar and a restaurant and it's only a short drive into the town of La Roche sur Yon for good shopping, lots of restaurants, 3 hypermarkets, indoor fun pool and indoor play centre. Lake with beach, leisure facilities and chateau to visit at just 11 miles. The house benefits from a large lawn garden and the heated pool is in a separate fenced area. It includes a ground floor master bedroom with en-suite, ok for reduced mobility
Reduced rates for 8 outside peak season. € 770 to € 2295 per week
reviews made directly to recommended family holidays
- Please send us a review of these Vendee gites by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
Reviews from the Owners' website
- "We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay at your villa with which we were very impressed. It was so well equipped that we wanted for nothing! We were all sorry to leave at the end of our stay but hope to return in the not too distant future. You have a true gem, in the beautiful Vendee." Neilands family, La Fontaine.
- "A quintessential French holiday. I can really recommend it." Little family 2011.
"A lovely, restful spot with a beautiful peaceful garden. A holiday to remember." Scott family 2011
- "Our hosts were welcoming and hospitable. The gardens and pool are fantastic. We have really
enjoyed our time here." Phipps family 2011 Le Bosquet
- "This has been the best gite in which we have stayed in many years... lovely holiday, lovely gite and
charming hosts." Cullington family 2005. Le Coteau
- "The views from the house are superb... very relaxing and tranquil. We had to force ourselves to leave
the house as it was so good." Andersley family 2005.
Le Coteau"The accommodation was superb - couldn't fault it." Tranfield family 2006.
- "The accommodation was the best we have had. It was interesting being near a farm and we were
thrilled to have an opportunity to milk the cows! We will be back." Belcher family
- "A truly perfect holiday environment for adults and children alike. We have already booked for next year !"
Hillier family 2008, 2009. La Haute Mar
- "Wonderful accommodation, clean, fresh and very friendly. Plenty to keep children of all ages happy. We will definitely be back." Phillips family 2008.
La Haute Mare
- "The gites were totally beyond our expectations - so well equipped" Oliver family 2009.
La Haute Mare
- "We have been to the Vendee on a few occasions and this gite rates very highly for us. Mr & Mrs Rossignol have been perfect hosts - very welcoming and helpful." Downie family 2009. La Haute Mare