holiday accommodation in normandy, northern france
- Visitors looking for a family holiday in Normandy have a choice between seaside and countryside. The stunning beauty coupled with the wealth of history in the area make for a fascinating place to visit. We found that the Normandy landing areas were well geared up towards visiting children with interactive museums that kept my kids attention even at their young age and is just fabulous to visit as part of their education, regardless of age.
- There are numerous lovely beaches in Normandy with miles of glorious sands for your to enjoy on your family holiday. For the more active there are golf courses, sailing, horse riding, karting, flying lessons and numerous countryside cycle tracks. There is also a very popular indoor aqua centre at Saint-Lo in Normandy.
- For a more cultural holiday in Normandy, why not try one of the numerous castles and abbeys in the region, or perhaps Coutances cathedral and historic town or Granville old town and harbour. You could even catch a ferry from Normandy over to nearby Jersey. Or, you could visit Bayeux and its famous tapestry, Festiland fun fair at Caen, Mont St Michel island (take care of the tides) or Cherbourg Octeville with a submarine and aquarium. Whatever your family tastes on holiday, Normandy is so family friendly and so easily accessible for your holiday.
- Below is a summary of the child friendly accommodation we feature in Normandy - many have family friendly features such as babysitting, kids club, baby equipment, DVD players, games rooms and swimming pools to keep all of the children occupied whilst you enjoy your holiday too! To find your family holidays in Normandy just click on the property name for further details, or use the interactive map below by clicking on the markers.
- If you have any other places to recommend in Normandy then please click on "Make a Holiday Recommendation" to send us a review, or if you would like to advertise your own property as a family holiday destination then please click on "List my holiday cottage on Recommended Family Holidays".
Self Catering Holiday Cottages, Gites, Apartments & Hotel in Normandy
|La Cidrerie Cottages near Granville||6||4.8||2 beds||3||Coast||YY||YYY||N||YN||NY||YY||£249- £961/wk||8km to sandy beaches, stunning stone conversions|
|La Petellerie Cottages, St Lo, Normandy||4||4||2-3 beds||4.5||Rural||YY||YYY||Y||YN||NN||YY||£240-£1,216/wk||Shared, covered indoor pool & games room|
|Villa Gardenia, Deauville, Normandy Coast||1-3 beds||Coast Beach||YY||YYY||Y||YY||YY||YY||Beachside hotel & apartments, kids club, indoor pool, disabled friendly|
|Omaha Beach Holiday Accommodation||1-3 beds||Coast||YY||YYY||Y||YN||YY||YY||from €293/wk||Indoor pool, wheelchair friendly|
map of holiday accommodation in normandy, northern france
Map provided by Google Maps