La Bien Assise holiday park near Calais in north of France
Catering is available on the holiday park at the restaurant
Family friendly holiday park with enclosed playground
Why not have a game of table tennis or hire a bike on your holiday?
Or how about a game of tennis?
The holiday park is very close to the sandy coast at Wissant
The holiday park is set in the grounds of this stunning chateau
la bien assise holiday park, guines, calais, northern france
- Only a short drive from Calais and the Tunnel, this relaxing family friendly holiday park offers a swimming pool with waterchute and retractable roof. Ideal for a first holiday in France, La Bien Assise is set in the parklands of an ancient chateau, on the outskirts of the market town of Guînes on the edge of the forest within beautiful countryside. It is a member of the prestigious Castels chain and has a pleasant, peaceful atmosphere that is very family orientated & typically French.
- The owners of the holiday park have converted the former chateau stables to house a welcoming shop and bar . The traditional French restaurant, La Ferme Gourmande, is set in an old farmstead where guests can enjoy local produce from the restaurant’s menu that really is a gourmet’s delight. There is also a popular children’s play area & table tennis. Bike hire is also available.
- A few minutes from the holiday park is the Forest of Guines which is easily explored by foot and bike. Visit Wimereux with its wide beach and good restaurants, or Calais with an excellent range of shops and hypermarkets. The old walled town of Boulogne-sur-Mer is thirty minutes away, where you can visit Nausicaa, Europe’s largest sea-life centre featuring live sharks.
- Swimming pool with retractable roof & separate covered children's pool, waterslides
- Tennis court, table tennis, volleyball, basketball
- Gym, games room, pool tables, crazy golf
- Children's playground
- Catering at the onsite restaurant, snack bar or via their take away service if you can't be bothered to cook on holiday
- Onsite shop, bar, internet access & launderette for your convenience
- Classic 2 Mobile Home (sleeps 6, 2 bedrooms) - Mobile home with one double and one twin bedroom. Central lounge with additional sleeping for two.
- Please note that this holiday park near Calais is also available to book from one of our other partners, Eurocamp - please click here to go to their site. It is worth checking for availability if you find the park is fully booked via Hoseasons or if you are looking for 3 bedroom holiday accommodation.
- Parc Bagatelle, Gunies - Guines has good access to a number of leisure and theme parks, the closest of which is Parc Bagatelle. This site has over 40 attractions including roller coasters, water rides and play areas – there is something for everyone. Dennlys Parc is also close by which is a good theme park for smaller children.
- Nausicaã Aquarium, Boulogne-sur-mer - If you are after a city visit then Boulogne-sur-mer, just under 30 km from the parc, offers a wide variety of things to do. It is the home to Nausicaã Aquarium, Europe's largest sea-life centre, as well as an 11th century belfry (a UNESCO Heritage Site) and much more.
- Bellewaerde Park - is a bit further away and will take nearly an hour and a half but it is one of the most beautiful parks in Europe, combining wild rides and wild animals (the park combines a nature reserve and an amusement park)!
- Boulogne-sur-Mer Capécure - Something fishy going on? Boulogne-sur-Mer is the largest fishing port in France and the Chamber of Commerce organise guided tours of the Capécure where fish is auctioned, frozen, salted and smoked.
- Le Touquet - is a historically fashionable town just over 60 km from the parc. From kite surfing to local markets, this town has a lot to offer and will have everyone in high spirits.
- Aqualud Waterpark - If you are looking to make a splash then Aqualud Waterpark has over 2000m of slides and chutes, and even a water cannon to fire people into the pool! Or if swinging through the trees is more your thing then try Passion d'Aventure high ropes course.
- Amiens - is the capital of the Somme department in Picardy. It is home to the largest cathedral in France – the Cathedrale de Notre Dame. Amiens has beautiful flower-lined canals; it is beautiful, town not to be missed.
- Please send us a review of this Calais holiday park in the north of France by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- We were lucky with the weather and found plenty to do. The park is well maintained, with good facilities. The mobile was good and well presented, though it is begining to show its age. We had an excellent welcome from Audrey. We saw very little of the other members of the team. Overall it was a worthwhile break. Charlie, Rating 4 out of 5, Sept 2015.
- Lovely park well maintained, swimming pool lovely not too cold which was a bonus, nice bar food and good value. Its a shame there are not any luxury caravans for hire, as would have preferred to pay the extra for this, but overall lovely site and would definitely go again. Tracey, Rating 4 out of 5, Sept 2015.
- Nice pleasant location and a good base for traveling and of course very close to Calais. The park itself is very clean and tidy and good for kicking a ball around or setting off walking but lacking in any real amenities. The onsite shop is dire to say the least and I was rather shocked when I walked in there. Looked more like something from the deepest dark days of Cold War Europe than a welcoming shop. Is rationing still in place? :) Likewise the onsite bar/fast food place is not much better. Don't the French understand how to run a business? A couple of play grounds and a freezing cold swimming pool. Like I say a good base but don't expect too much on the site itself. Andrew, Rating 3.5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- We had a lovely time exploring some of the attractions of Northern France, from beaches to theme parcs, there are some wonderful places to visit. Martyn, Rating 4 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- This was the perfect place for us, we wanted a short break in France so wanted a place near calais. The site is excellent and there were plenty of good quality places to visit nearby. I'd certainly use the park again. The staff were brilliant, friendly and very helpful. Andrew, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- The camp was very close to Calais which made it very convenient as we had 3 children aged 6 and under.With the Eurocamp's team advice we were pleasantly surprised at how many places we could visit within half and hour to an hour and half.The parc itself was meticulously clean but as we had experienced lots of rain , there were times we wish had some more indoor ans entertainment or kiddies clubs. Lesley, Rating 4 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- Great camp site very well looked after. If you don't mind doing a bit of driving there is lots to see within a couple of hours of the site, it's a great base for exploring north west France. The coast and seaside villages south west of Calais are particularly nice (half an hour away by car). On the down side it's popular as a stopover for people traveling from the UK on into Europe. Few others were staying for more than a couple of nights and consequently our children didn't really make any friends on this holiday. Joe, Rating 3.5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- Lovely holiday. Cabin just the right size for us with deck area giving more space. The pool was a little small, was good but some older kids took half the pool to jump in etc which pushed the younger kids to one half. No supervision but understandable to keep cost down. Good value for money. Only small points would defo stay again and recommend. Emma, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
Holiday Park Accommodation Summary (FR269) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6 each
|Click to visit our partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|