Chateau du Drancourt holiday park in northern France
A stunning setting for a holiday in the grounds of chateau
Holiday village atmosphere at this family friendly park
Waterslides, perfect for the kids
Why not enjoy a game of tennis on your holiday?
Well equipped, air conditioned gym onsite
Safari tents are a great value option for a family holiday
chateau de drancourt park, st valery, abbeville, northern france
- With a relaxing atmosphere, and a close location to the channel ports, this chateau holiday park is ideal for young families or a first visit to France. Situated just three miles from St Valery amidst the lush meadows of a private chateau, this Castels family friendly holiday park offers excellent facilities, including three swimming pools surrounded by a sun terrace. For the active there is tennis, mountain bike hire and mini golf. The restaurant and cosy lounge bar are perfect places to spend the evening. There are also many wide, sandy beaches to visit along this stretch of coastline.
- St Valery with its walled and gated medieval citadel and brightly painted quays is the jewel of the coast. In summer a little steam railway runs from St Valery along the coast. The thriving town of Abbeville is nearby with its Gothic church of St Vulfran and 18th century château. Bagatelle amusement park is less than 30 miles way and offers fun for the whole family.
- 3 heated swimming pools - 2 outdoor, 1 covered pool (retractable roof) & waterslides, tennis courts, table tennis, football, volleyball, horse riding, nearby fishing, driving range, 2 playgrounds, cycle hire, cinema, shops, restaurant, bar, wifi internet & launderette.
- Fun station - free for kids aged 4-12
- Soccer school - for kids aged 5-16
- Mini fun station - free for kids aged 6 months to 5 years
- Mini learn to ride your bike - free for children aged 3 to 6
- Espace 3 bedroom mobile Home (sleeps 8) - 1 double & 2 twin bedrooms with open plan living area that also has a foldaway bed. French doors lead from the living area onto your own terrace. Bathroom with shower & toilet
- Espace 2 bedroom mobile home (sleeps 7) - 1 double & 1 single bedroom with bunk beds plus a double bed in the open plan living/dining area if required. Outside you have your own decking area with outdoor furniture.
- Classic 2 bedroom mobile home (sleeps 7) - 1 double & 1 single bedroom with bunk beds plus a double bed in the open plan living/dining area if required.
- Safari tent (sleeps 6) - 2 spacious bedrooms, well equipped kitchen area complete with fridge, wooden decking area with wooden furniture.
- Classic tent (sleeps 6, cheapest option) - Real beds and a complete kitchen including a grill and gas hob, Electricity for a domestic fridge, lighting and socket for your mobile phone, patio furniture.
- Parc Bagatelle - There are more than 40 attractions at this leisure park. A good selection of roller coasters, water rides and play areas. Selection of restaurants and take aways.
- Aqualud Waterpark - Waterpark with indoor and outdoor heated pools. A good selection of waterslides and chutes. Separate area for children. Shop, cafe and restaurant. Evening shows and spectacles.
- Please send us a review of this northern France holiday park by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 9 family holiday recommendations, average rating 4.5 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating: 4 out of 5
- We had a very good holiday at Drancourt. We like the area very much and enjoy cycling around the various cycle tracks and quiet lanes in the area. James, Rating 5 out of 5, Sept 2015.
- We had a brilliant time at Drancourt, it was a lovely parc, with a nice amount of activities. There was just a couple of small things that would have made it even better. Sue, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Sept 2015.
- Brilliant - I want to go back! Loved the pool complex, the things to do like tennis, karting and also the area and St Valery was beautiful. V handy from Calais too. Deidre, Rating 5 out of 5, Sept 2015.
- A lovely quiet end of season break. The campsite is green and leafy, with good size pitches attractively laid out. St Valery and surrounding area very attractive with plenty of scope for cycling. Catherine, Rating 4 out of 5, Sept 2015.
- We stayed at this camp as a last minute arrival on our way back to calais from brittany (domaine des ormes which is fab) I am booking to go back to this park again next year it was lovely. We stayed in a safari tent which I must highly reccomendoubt (the kids loved it) and if your not used to camping in a tent like me it's still got beds cooking facilities and lots of space which was great :) Charlotte, Rating 5 out of 5, Sept 2015.
- We had a lovely time the camp staff were fantastic the only thing i would recommend for this camp is more for the children to do when it is bad weather we had a few days of rain and we struggled to keep the children busy other wise it was fab. Beverley, Rating 4 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- We keep returning as we like the size, not large, the covered swimming pools, the surrounding things to do &visit. We have been elsewhere in France with better weather but we prefer Drancourt. Cynthia, Rating 4 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- It is a lovely campsite and very convenient from Calais (1 1/2 hours drive). The pools are great, especially for toddlers and youngish children. The toddler pool is really warm and can be fully covered or partly uncovered in warmer weather. The pools feel nice and clean and modern. The crazy golf, although in need of a bit of tlc, is really fun and is free to play. There is a little play park, nothing special, but my 6 and 1 year olds enjoyed it. The takeaway has good food though is very slow! The people at reception are very friendly and speak English. Rachel, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- Close enough to the port of Calais to make a first trip to France. Lovely local town with a supermarket that stocked everything we wanted. We didn't bother with the shop on site. Pool closed a little too early for our liking at the time we went. Be prepared to make your own entertainment although we thought the local cycling routes were excellent. Ideally situated for exploration of the region either by bike, car or train. A good mix of relaxation, culture, history and sightseeing. Anita, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
Holiday Park Accommodation Summary (FR270) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 8 each
|Click to visit our partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry there is no direct telephone number so please book online if you possibly can, thank you|