domaine de villeneuve, villeneuve, charente, south west france
- A superb 7 bedroom family Charentaise holiday house / chateau with large enclosed garden, perfect for a large group of friends or two families wishing to holiday together with the benefit of a private swimming pool. Set in a small peaceful village close to Jarnac with its daily market, shops, restaurants and cafés, and only 12km from the well known town of Cognac.
- This luxury self catering holiday accommodation is over three floors, has many bedrooms with en-suite facilities with plenty of space and privacy. Decorated with antique furniture but well equipped and practical for modern living. Cognac is known for its distillieries, but children will love the playgrounds by the river where boats can be hired, watch jazz bands in July and discover a covered market with fish stalls, local produce and local wines. The Cognac golf course has a restaurant overlooking the pretty countryside. For a day out to the beach, Royan is an hour away. La Rochelle with its old harbour, shops and well known aquarium.
- Large living room. Large dining room. Sitting room. Well-equipped modern kitchen. Laundry room. Separate WC. Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom/WC with double basin. First floor: Four bedrooms; one king size with en-suite bathroom/WC, with shower and bath, one double with en-suite bathroom/WC, two twin bedrooms (one with 120cm beds) with en-suite bathrooms with double basin. Separate WC. Second floor: Two twin bedrooms (can also be double). Shower room/WC
- 5 en suite bedrooms, 2 further twin bedrooms
- Large enclosed lawned garden
- Private enclosed swimming pool with alarm (12 x 6m, depth 1-2m)
- Central heating (at cost)
- Washing machine & Tumble dryer
- Dishwasher, Microwave
- Highchair, travel cot available on request
- TV (French channels and TNT)
- Internet connection
- Garden furniture
- Sun loungers
- All linen included.
- Location: 2km from Nercillac (shop, café, restaurant), 5km from Jarnac (River Charente, supermarkets, market, cafés, restaurant, tennis), 12km from Cognac (golf, shops, supermarkets, hospital, boat trips, distillieries), 80km from Royan (beaches), 120km from La Rochelle (old city, airport, shops, aquarium), 120km from Bordeaux (airport, vineyards), 30km from Angoulême (cartoon/comic museum, shops, restaurants).
- Please send us a review of this luxury holiday cottage in south west France by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- A beautiful chateau. We had a wonderful week with family here in July 2011. Some of the bathrooms and beds would benefit from updating but other than that we would highly recommend this for a family holiday.
- The accommodation is spacious, very secure and ideal for a party that includes young children. Provision of facilities is good, though the crockery and cutlery is a rather random mix, with some shortages such as bowls, for a large party. Mix of bedrooms and bathrooms is good and the utility room is well equipped. The pool area is secure and provides a good space with both decking and grassed space. It is a shame a shower was not installed alongside the pool.
- Lots of space - big rooms and lots of them; excellent pool; furnishings adequate but every-day enough not to cause too much concern to the parents of young children in the party. i.e. the decor and furniture are in keeping with the property being an old farmhouse not a bourgeios chateau! Nevertheless the decorations are pretty and tasteful and create a relaxing and pleasant ambiance.
- Wonderful property - our second time there. Perfect house and set up for large group of people. Great pool and grounds. Caretakers are charming and incredibly helpful. Would recommend unreservedly.
- This is an amazing property and the caretakers were very helpful. The location is perfect for a wide range of activities. We had a thoroughly enjoyable holiday and I would definitely reccommend the villa.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (FR145) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 14
|not yet||from £375/wk|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|