La Grange du Moulin, Charente Maritime, south west France
Heated swimming pool, always a hit with the kids, even the big kids!
Our pirate ship styled playground is a great family favourite
Horloge gite sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms
Relaxing lounge area in our child friendly Horloge gite
Ruche self catering gite sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms
Everything you need for self catering in Ruche gite kitchen
Papillon family friendly gite: sleeps 6 in 3 beds
Fleurie holiday gite: sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms
Grenier self catering gite: sleeps 6 in 3 beds
Peche gite: sleeps 8 in 4 beds, ideal for two families sharing
Our child friendly playground at La Grange du Moulin
And we haven't forgotten the toddlers, they have their own pool!
la grange du moulin, near st jean d'angeley, charente maritime
- Our 6 child friendly gites (or self catering cottages) with 2 to 4 bedrooms near St Jean D'Angeley in the Charente Maritime in South West France, welcome families with babies, toddlers and young children. We offer a safe and peaceful environment in which to enjoy your self catering holiday in rural France. With other toddlers and young children for yours to play with and an enclosed garden and safely enclosed swimming pool you will be able to relax with a chilled glass of wine chatting to like minded parents whilst your children make new friends.
- The child friendly, self catering holiday gites are set in a peaceful, rural location, 6 miles east from St Jean D'Angely in theCharente Maritime region of sw France. We are an easy 1 hrs drive from the coast from La rochelle down to royan and all the beaches inbetween. We provide lots of local information and are familiar with local restaurants and beaches in the area. We have a 'day out folder' with sights you must not miss and comments from previous guests about great places they have discovered on their holiday.
- We offer a number of great child friendly features that will help you enjoy your family holiday:
- Large Enclosed Garden with Shade
- Enclosed Alarmed Swimming pool area
- Heated (to 30c) Toddler Pool (perfect for babies and toddlers)
- Main Swimming Pool heated to 27c
- Swings, Slide, Sandpit
- Pirate Ship for climbing and hiding
- Indoor and Outdoor toys
- Childrens Pottery painting
- Babysitting and mini creche services
- We can also provide cots, highchairs and stairgates, toddler step, booster seat, steriliser etc.
- We have a good selection of board games and books.
- Papillon family gite: (sleeps 6 in 3 beds) has one large double, a twin and a small children's room with bunk beds. It is in the middle of the row and an open plan downstairs living / dining area and large kitchen area with dishwasher. From the front terrace you have a view of the garden.
- The Ruche family gite and Horloge family gite: (both sleep 6 in 3 beds) one double and two twin each. They are next door to each other in the middle of the row. Each has a good sized open plan living/ dining area with kitchenette. These two cottages would be ideal for friends to let together for large group family holidays. They both have the best view of the garden.
- Grenier family gite: (sleeps 6 in 3 beds) a large double and a single on the first floor and 3 singles in a large open attic bedroom, suitable for older children. It is at the end of the row next to the lane. There is an open plan living / dining area with medium sized kitchen area. It has a dishwasher and has a view of the garden.
- Fleurie family gite: (sleeps 4 in 2 beds) one double and a twin. It is at the end of the row opposite the swimming pool. It has an open plan downstairs lounge / dining area with kitchenette. There is a patio area with barbecue, table, chairs and parasol to the front of the cottage and a small area of lawn to the rear accessed from around the side of the cottage. Perfect choice for a small family.
- Peche family gite: (sleeps 8 in 4 beds) ideal for two small families wanting to share a child friendly self catering gite holiday. It has two doubles one of which has an en suite bathroom and two twin rooms. Each room has a fitted wardrobe. There is a large dining room, large living room and a separate kitchen equipped with gas oven, grill, 4 ring hob, dishwasher, microwave and fridge freezer. There are 2 small patio areas to the front and a lawned area to the rear with garden table, chairs, parasol and barbecue
- There is a communal laundry with washing machine facilities.
- Click here to check availability of all La Grange du Moulin gites in Charente Maritime South West France
- Please send us a review of these self catering gites in Charente Maritime by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 43 family holiday recommendation, average rating 4.9 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 4 out of 5
- Fantastic holiday for anyone with kids of primary school age or younger. This is the closest we've got to finding a truly safe environment for the kids to play whilst also being able to mingle ourselves with other adults. Wendy and Chris have created something unique and we will be back !! Lynda, Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- Our sixth year back here at La Grange du Moulin - says it all ! We have enjoyed trips out to the beach, La Rochelle and Cognac as well as the many on-site activities provided for the children including pottery painting, t-shirt painting and scuba diving. The hospitality and attention to details that Chris and Wendy provide are what makes this holiday stand out - and why we will be back again next year ! A great time had by all the family, thank you Chris and Wendy. The Hamilton family, Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- We found our perfect holiday in 2010 and have returned 5 times since ! This year was another great summer holiday at La Grange du Moulin. Wendy, Chris, Benjamin and Thomas are great hosts. The setting of the gites is perfect for children (and the adults) and there is so much to do in the area. We have already booked for 2016, 17,18 and 19 !! Ruth, Rating 5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- This weeks holiday at La Grange du Moulin was everything it advertised to be and much more. With 4 young children we couldn't have asked for more and will have fond memories (hopefully to be repeated) The kids loved the pool and the friends they made not to mention the activities they did - scuba diving, pottery, fabric painting and more ! Big thank you to Wendy, Chris and the boys. Kate, Rating 5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- The set up was perfect for all our children. They all loved playing in the garden and our 7yr old only came back to see us when hungry. He also enjoyed playing table tennis and boules. They all loved the trampoline and the 3yr olds had great fun with the dressing up box. However the absolute favourite for them all was the pool. The eldest tried (and loved) scuba diving and the girls really enjoyed the Teddy bear picnic. Wendy, Rating 5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- We have had a fantastic 2 wks ! A perfect family friendly environment where adults and children alike can relax and make new friends. Would come back in a heartbeat. !! Romany, Rating 5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- Back for the 5th year in a row and once again we have enjoyed it immensely. Our two children, 6 and 4yrs enjoyed playing and swimming in the big pool this year more than ever. As ever it is a perfect and safe environment for the children to play and make (or reacquaint with) friends. So relaxing for us parents which makes it great for all of us. Away from La Grange du Moulin there are plenty of things to do and a visit to sail on the electric boats at St Savinien is a favorite for us all preceded by a picnic and play in the park. Wendy and Chris are open, generous and helpful hosts managing to be available when needed but never intrusive. We all want to come back next year if we can find an available slot in the calendar at La Grange du Moulin ! Jane, Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2014.
- Have had an amazing weeks stay with two very lively boys aged 4 and 1 yr. We could not of asked for a more relaxing week and the hosts were great, so much so we have booked to come again next year. Leanne, Rating 5 out of 5, Jul 2014.
- What a fantastic place to stay with young children! We went with our 2 year old daughter and on previous holidays where we just hired a normal gite, we had to stay in every night watching DVDs. We tried other family resorts, but their kids clubs mean that younger children end up staying up late, and so they're then miserable for the rest of the holiday. At Grange Du Moulin you can put the kids to bed at their usual time and then socialise with the other parents, having a BBQ or a glass of wine right outside the row of 6 gites, sitting in the evening sunshine. Wendy and Chris are great hosts and give you all sorts of information. In the evenings they hold a BBQ every week, as well as a wine/pate /cheese tasting session and then you can also do a proper wine-tasting course in the garden, while your kids sleep safely. Wendy is a qualified child-minder and baby sat for us twice - what a luxury to go out for a proper meal! She also runs a creche and a teddy-bears picnic each week. Loads to do around the area and plenty for the younger kids to enjoy. Wendy and Chris provide loads of information, and as their house is only a few hundred yards away, are always on hand if you need to ask anything. We rarely visit the same place twice, but we had such a great time, we have already booked up to go again this year.Rating 5 out of 5, Melanie, received Jul 2014.
- We just spent another lovely week at La grange du Moulin . We have three boys aged 5 , 3 and 15 months and they all absolutely love this place! The garden is so safe that they can be given the freedom to run, play and explore with the other kids without us having to follow them around. From the seats outside our gite they were rarely out of sight and never out of earshot. The pool is gated and alarmed so we didn't have to worry about them wandering too close to it . As far as I'm concerned,happy kids equates to happy and relaxed parents! The gites are well equipped with everything you need with small kids. Wendy will gladly provide anything extra you might need. There are shutters on the windows and as a result the kids always sleep in a bit later in the morning here. Probably also due to exhaustion from all the running and playing outside all day long. There's lots to see and do in the area and there are fun activities for adults and children alike onsite during the week put on by the lovely hosts Wendy and Chris. The local food , wine and Pineau must be sampled while here. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend La Grange to anyone with small kids. I'm just sorry we didn't discover this little gem sooner! Rating 5 out of 5, Deirdre, reviewed Jun 2014.
- We loved it ! The holiday lived up to every expectation we had - fantastic pools for our daughter to gain confidence in, lovely play area to explore and amazing space and support to make wonderful friends in. A truly lovely family holiday we never thought possible with a 3 year old ! The gites are perfect, the views astounding and Chris and Wendy truly make the holiday. We're signed up for next year .... Rating 5 out of 5, Lisa, Jun 2014.
- Another great stay here with Chris and Wendy with their wonderful hospitality, good company and excellent site. The kids love it here year after year as the set up is perfect for their ages with a safe, fun garden, a wide selection of toys and activities that they enjoy including fabric painting and even scuba diving. A combination of time by the coast, visits to beautiful nearby towns and simply chilling by the gites made this the perfect week away again. Thank you ! Rating 5 out of 5, Stpye, reviewed May 2014.
- What a fantastic week ! We havn't been this relaxed since having the boys and they have had a magical time making new friends and generally rampaging around the place. Given that 2 yrs ago, our eldest was too scared to go into the pool on holiday, the fact that he tried (and loved) scuba diving in the pool here is just brilliant. Wendy, Chris, Thomas and Benjamin have been wonderful hosts and have made us feel so welcome - whether that's through your fantastic hospitality and local knowledge or your boys helping our two make lego spaceships and star wars x fighter templates for the t-shirt painting ! Already looking forward to going back in 2014. Rating 5 out of 5, Debbie, Aug 2013.
- The fact that it's our fourth consecutive year staying at La grange du Moulin says it all. A lovely relaxing stay in a nice part of France, our four boys enjoy playing with the other children on site and spending time in the pool, leaving the adults to enjoy the other delights of the region ! Rating 5 out of 5, Sarah, Aug 2013.
- Why do we keep coming back ? Wendy and Chris - excellent hosts, on hand if needed, knowledgeable and clearly very good at providing fun family holidays; Great communal atmosphere - bbq night enables you to continue the adult conversations started in the garden; secure enclosed garden; Great selection of well used play equipment and toys, keeps kids of all ages happy; Relaxed atmosphere - as the gites are finished in a rustic style it does not matter too much if after playing in the sandpit the kids run in and bring the sand too !; Location - easily accesible from the ferry ports, lots of activities within 1 hr, bike rides, pool and lovely walks right here ! Rating 5 out of 5, Ruth, Aug 2013.
- We had another great 2wk stay, in Papillon this time. The gite was great and became a mecca for the kids to meet up in or pass through ! Our two boys made lots of new friends and met up with friends from previous visits. We liked the central location of the gite overlooking the bbqs and the gardens. Wendy and Chris have been wonderfully accommodating. The seafood bbq was legendary and very very sociable. Both boys loved Wendys balloon modelling skills at the teddy bears picnics but the highlight for them was the scuba diving experience (6yr old) and the t-shirt and pencil case painting (3yr old). We have really relaxed this year spending more time at the gites letting the kids play and swim for hours. If our kids are happy with their friends then we are happy ! Thank you Wendy and Chris for helping to make another great holiday. See you again next year (our 6th year !) Rating 5 out of 5, Nicky, Aug 2013.
- Another fabulous, relaxing stay at La Grange du Moulin. The moment we came through the gates our children feel at home. The Blakemans are great hosts and we are able to kick back, relax and make the most of our stay every year; perfect ! thank you. Rating 5 out of 5, Lynn, Aug 2013.
- We couldn't have asked for better weather while at La Grange du Moulin. The pool was a great relief from the 37c heat ! We were impressed by the safety measures around the pool (child safety gate and audible alarm in the water) giving us peace of mind. The boys were immediately relaxed in the garden, playing with other guests children on the trampoline and pirate ship. The t-shirt painting was a lovely extra, but it was the scuba diving that our eldest really loved ! Our gite had everything we needed for self catering and the communal pantry provided any extra herbs, condiments etc we needed. The use of the laundry room also made life easier. Beautiful gardens and views all around; sunflowers, vines, wheat fields, melon crops... and the added benefit of daily tractor and combined harvester thrilled our youngest boy ! We found the family vine walk really interesting with Chris giving us a great commentary on the history of the area as well as the vines. Wendy was a great help regarding local excursions and having our hosts on site meant queries were quickly addressed. Our childrens main holiday priority was someone to play with and a pool - both were here at la Grange du Moulin ! As a consequence us grown ups also had a great holiday ! Rating 5 out of 5, Lynsey, Jul 2013.
- We had a great stay in Papillon. Our children all enjoyed their week. This was a perfect location for children with lots to keep them busy. The garden is excellent and so safe, the pirate ship was a big hit too ! Both pools are great and we enjoyed all the activities, especially the t-shirt painting, pottery painting and teddy bears picnic. Wendy and Chris put so much effort into everything and we all loved the bbq where we sampled some home made elderflower cordial. We would recommend this holiday, when the kids are happy the parents are happy ! Looking forward to returning. Rating 5 out of 5, Zoe, Jul 2013.
- This was our first visit and proper holiday abroad with our two very lively boys. Wendy and Chris made us feel fabulously welcome and relaxed, a beautiful safe and secure site just the right balance of activities (bbq, pottery, wine tasting) and Wendy and chris even helped organise my husbands 40th. The boys loved the pool, play park and sandpit. Around the many activities the region has to offer we definitely recommend the zoo, the boat park, la rochelle aquarium, then a nice glass in the evening with the other couples. Fabulous time, we will be back again. Rating 5 out of 5, Rachel, Jul 2013.
- We have had a wonderful 2 wks at La Grange du Moulin, so much so we have booked for next year ! Wendy and Chris are welcoming, professional and efficient but above all, friendly . Our two girls have had the freedom to play and explore in complete safety and have thrived making new friends and enjoying some independence. We have had time to relax and make the most of the family time as well as 'grown up time' We as parents have made some lovely friends and can't wait to come back next year. This is definitely the place for people who enjoy the company of other families and the opportunity to be part of a group. Thank you Wendy and Chris, sorry to say we'll be keeping La Grange du Moulin a secret as we will want to make sure availability is plentiful for us in the future ! Rating 5 out of 5, Gemma, Jul 2013.
- I ate an oyster or 4 !! Chris and Wendy are great hosts. Set up for families being secure to let children all play in the garden is excellent. Need more swings !! Old school was very much in vogue. Pool great for youngsters to build swimming confidence. Bbq/meet the neighbours was a great way to kick off the week. Small enough to be intimate, big enough to be private. Rating 5 out of 5, Mike, Jun 2013.
- Despite the slightly rubbish weather we have had a fantastic first family holiday abroad. Our 2yr old daughter has loved playing out in the garden & sandpit & collecting snails. The activities (t-shirt painting, pottery and teddy bears picnic) were great. We loved the bbq and the chance to chat with other guests. We can't wait to return and hopefully next time we'll be able to try the pool !! Rating 5 out of 5, Jill, May 2013.
- We stayed here in September 2012, this was the second time staying at La Grange du Moulin and yet again we all had a fantastic time. In 2012 we stayed for 2wks giving us (the adults) time to unwind and the kids plenty of time to enjoy the numerous activities on site. Perfect for pre- schoolers as most of the schools had gone back when we were there, (our children were aged 4, 2 and 4 months at the time of our last visit) . They made plenty of friends and we got to relax in the evenings making friends with the like minded parents staying in the surrounding gites. Wendy and Chris are very helpful and friendly... Wendy is also a qualified babysitter so my husband and I got to go out one evening 'sans enfants'!! Great location to stay in for seeing fab sites and enjoying great family activities, markets, the fab zoo, caves, La Rochelle and surrounding islands. There is plenty on-site too with plenty of outdoor toys for the kids, the swimming pool, the teddy bear picnic, the t-shirt painting, (we came away with 5 t-shirts) and the ceramic painting and diving classes for the older kids... Chris will even take you on a tour of the local vineyard! I remember being pregnant with my second child when I booked here for the first time. It was a moment of desperation when I said to my husband we need to go on a family holiday where the kids will have fun and can play safely... La Grange Du Moulin kept coming up so we went for it, and I'm super happy we did - great memories!!! Rating 5 out of 5, Louise, Sept 2012
- This was our second visit to La Grange du Moulin and the very first time we have ever returned to the same place on holiday. We had a wonderful time the first time but this second time was even better. When we arrived everything was even nicer than I remembered it being - we had such a lovely warm welcome from Chris and Wendy and we knew straight away we had done the right thing returning. It just ticks all the boxes (I think I may have stolen that phrase from another family who are also big fans of Grange du Moulin and with whom we have made firm friends!). Beautiful scenery, lots of friends for our 4 year old daughter to make (I think she may have counted 19 over the course of 2 weeks), a safe environment for them to have a real sense of freedom and exploration, exciting activities for her to do and a wonderful slow pace of life for us to enjoy. With the option of course of some great day trips to roman ruins, the beach, zoos, boat trips and more. Our daughter had an amazing time - it is just the perfect place for children to really be children and make amazing memories for a lifetime - just one of them being a torch-lit mini-beast hunt around the garden. One of our favourite things is sitting out in the evening relaxing with a glass of wine chatting to other parents. This year we discovered the wonders of the night sky as there is so little light pollution it is like a planetarium on your door step - Chris promised us we would see 3 shooting stars in five minutes if we went to the back of the gites and he was absolutely right - it actually took my breath away it was so beautiful. On the way to La Grange du Moulin we had been discussing how we really should do something different next year and how we wouldn't be one of the many families that return year after year - on day 2 of the holiday I looked at my husband and said 'we're coming back next year aren't we' and we'd booked again by the time we left. What greater testimonial is there - simply wonderful. Thank you! Rating 5 out of 5, Joanne, Aug 2012
- This was our first holiday abroad with our daughter. We booked La Grange du Moulin as the web site made it sound like the perfect place for a family break and indeed it has been. We have spent sunny days in the garden and pool and a very rainy day at the impressive zoo at La Palmyre. We have participated in pottery painting (both for my daughter and myself) taken part in a treasure hunt, teddy bears picnic and group bbq; all a lot of fun ! Will we be back ? I do hope so ! Rating 4 out of 5, Lynsey, Aug 2012.
- We visited La Grange du Moulin to celebrate hubbys 40th birthday and our 10yr anniversary. As a party of 5 - me, my wern't disappointed. This has to be the first holiday on which we have felt relaxed straight away. We loved the whole casual approach where we could take each day at our own pace without being guided by set mealtimes and activities, as with previous holidays. The gite had everything we needed (and more) and was comfortable and spacious. We loved the rustic look of the whole complex which only added to its charm. Chris and Wendy did everything they could to lift our slightly dampened spirits due to the freak bad weather and we loved taking part in the vine walk, pottery painting and communal bbq and the kids thoroughly enjoyed painting their t-shirts ! We only really ventured out once - to La Rochelle - which was beautiful. Can't wait to visit again when we come back next year...a decision we made within the first few hours ! Thank you Wendy and Chris !! Rating 5 out of 5, Hayley, May 2012.
- We've had another wonderful holiday at La Grange du Moulin (Horloge gite) We've never before been back to the same place on holiday but we couldn't find anything else that we thought would cater so well to our needs. Wendy and Chris know the recipe for making a relaxing holiday for parents with young children with a great mix of adult based and child based activities. I think our 2.5 yr old son will be asking for Teddy bears picnics for weeks ! It really shows that Wendy and Chris genuinely care about people enjoying their stay. I'm sure we'll be back again! Rating 5 out of 5, May 2012.
- We had a lovely relaxing stay here with our 15mth old boy. Even before we arrived Wendy was always very helpful with answering our many questions via email. The gite was equipped with everything we could have asked for and more, including bath toys for our little one. The garden kept our son busy for hours and although it was a bit too cold to use the pools they looked tempting and we'll definitely be trying them out when we come back (if we're luckier with the weather !) We really enjoyed the group bbq and the Teddy bears picnic was a lovely touch - our son especially liked his piece of cake ! Despite the weather we had a really good time and would love to come back. Rating 4.5 out of 5, Karnika, May 2012
- This is a perfect place for families with young children - safe and secure with lots to do for the kids. A very relaxing holiday and the area is beautiful. Chris and Wendy were more than helpful with any questions or requests and it is great to have English speakers who know the area so well. If you like to run there are lots of good quiet roads and tracks to run around (Wendy very helpfully provided a map with routes marked out 3k,6k,10k etc) All in all a great place for a holiday with kids ! Rating 4 out of 5, Jackie, May 2012
- We had a great 2 weeks at La Grange du Moulin with our two boys, aged 4 and 1. They loved the garden, particularly the toddler pool, and my youngest spent some serious time in the sandpit. I just wish he hadn't eaten quite so much of it! We found plenty to do in the local area, historic towns, markets, zoo, aquarium, a boat trip on the Marais Poitevin and the usual fabulous french food - especially seafood. We also developed quite a taste for the local Pineau. Our 4-yr-old really enjoyed having play mates next door too - it made our job as entertainers so much easier. Rating 4 out of 5, Melissa, Jun 2012
- A wonderful place to stay with our 6mth old and (nearly) 3 year old girls! The cottage was very comfortable and had everything we could have needed and more, as did the garden, which is ideally situated allowing kids to play and make friends whilst adults watch on from the terrace. Wendy and Chris really do think of everything and are very knowledgeable and helpful and organise fun teddy bears picnics and bbq nights. There are plenty of options for fun days out but the best bit is staying at La Grange du Moulin and enjoying all it has to offer! Rating 4.5 out of 5, Rachel, Sep 2011
- This place is heaven for young children and therefore for us too ! With a 2.5 yr and 1 yr old, going on holiday is (though wonderful) a bit fraught and approached with some trepidation. Wendy and Chris however, enabled us to have the most fun, relaxed and carefree holiday we have ever had with the children. Everything has been thought of, is provided and is made easy. And at the same time we got to enjoy the picturesque and beautiful, rustic French countryside, wine and food and unique ambience of La Grange du Moulin. Several people we met here were repeat visitors which shows how much people rate it and I will definitely be recommending this place to all my friends with pre schoolers (though on second thoughts, maybe I shouldn't or we'll never manage to book in again !) The trampoline, sand pit, pirate ship, swimming pool (heated) and toddler pool made La Grange du Moulin perfect for our toddlers (our 2 yr old - ''I love our holiday place'') and best of all it's all safely enclosed so we can relax. Rating 5 out of 5, Tess, Aug 2011.
- We've just come back from our third great holiday at La Grange Du Moulin. We've never returned to the same place for a holiday before, so the fact we've been back so many times speaks volumes! Wendy and Chris (and Benjamin and Thomas!) are the perfect hosts and make everyone feel very welcome. Our three children, now aged 9, 5 and 3 always have a fantastic time. Set in a beautiful countryside location with two pools and a play area for the kids it's the perfect place for a relaxing holiday. Rating 5 out of 5, Sarah, Aug 2011.
- Excellent holiday. Before even arriving I had received excellent emails from Wendy and Chris letting us know what was available at the cottage, this was invaluable when travelling with a 9 month old and 5 year old. When we arrived we were warmly greeted by Wendy and Chris. Everything we could think of for children was provided, even a travel cot and play duvet downstairs - fantastic ! Our daughter has never been so happy and confident wanting to play in the garden and pool for almost 12 hours a day. The cottage and garden were completely safe and secure allowing Mummy and Daddy some time to read !! Some days out but mostly relaxing around pool and cottage as the children loved it. The perfect family holiday - Thank you - See you next year ! Rating 5 out of 5, Howlett, Aug 2011
- We've just returned from our second holiday here and it won't be our last. We love the fact that the children can go out the front door to play with new friends without us having to worry about cars. The play area directly opposite the gites means mom and dad can sit in the sun, read books, enjoy a glass of wine whilst keeping an eye on the children. Gites are well equipped and rustic and very comfortable. The communal barbeque allows you to socialise with others and the barbeque/seafood evening allows you to get to know others staying there better. Caters well for adults and children and highly recommended. Rating 5 out of 5, Charlotte, Jul 2011
- Our second year here in a row and we wern't disappointed ! Wendy and Chris really do go the extra mile to make the holiday hassle free and very relaxed. Our 22mth old loved the outside space and company of other children, so much so that we spent many days just around and about, enjoying the sunshine and the pool ! The bbq/seafood nights are a real treat and not to be missed - thank you Wendy and Chris for making this such a great place to stay. We will be back !! Rating 5 out of 5, Sophie, Jul 2011
- We had an excellent week with our 2 year and 1 year old. The place is so child friendly, with lots of toys, baby bath, high chairs, a stroller and of course the excellent playground and swimming pools outside. While we just relaxed on our terrace, the kids could safely play outside. In fact, our 2 year old preferred to stay at the gite the whole week. Chris, Wendy and the kids are excellent hosts! If you're looking for a child friendly self catering holiday, this is the place to go! Rating 4 out of 5, Annemieke, Jul 2011.
- We had a great holiday here in June. Extremely relaxing for parents with young children. Really good layout of the gites so that the children can run in and out of the gites without worrying they can escape. Toddler pool was excellent as the children could still swim on the not so sunny days . Definately recommend this place ! Rating 4.5 out of 5, Imogen, Jun 2011.
- Most relaxing holiday we've had - our 3 yr old daughter loved playing with the other children and 'calling for' her little friend next door, even had the chance to read a
book ! Loved the opportunity to socialise with others in the evenings - had some good laughs over a bottle (s) of wine. Lots to see and do in the area but also nice to
stay here and relax while our little girl played with her new friends in a safe contained area with lots to keep her occupied. What a fantastic place to unwind and relax.
Chris and Wendy made us feel very welcome and that nothing was too much trouble. We are already planning a return trip with friends we made here in the next gite ! Rating 5 out of 5, The Dewey Family, Ruche gite, June 2011
- 'We always agreed that we would never go to the same place twice on holiday – and we are just looking forward to our fifth visit to La Grange Du Moulin! It is in a fabulous location with so much to see and do on your doorstep. The gites are lovely with everything you could need for a relaxing family holiday together with a safe garden for the children with loads of outdoor toys including a pirate ship. The pool area is lovely with plenty of sunloungers for everyone. What stands out is the wonderful hospitality from Chris and Wendy and their two boys – the communal BBQs and seafood nights are a great way to meet fellow guests. If you want a holiday where you can relax in the knowledge that your children are safe, happy and having fun then look no further. Rating 5 out of 5, Jane, received Jun 2011.
- We stayed at La Grange du Moulin in the Papillons gite for 2 weeks with our two girls (aged 3 years and 13 months). The set up was perfect - the girls enjoyed making lots of new friends and playing in the garden. The trampoline and sand pit were particular favourites, and the toddler pool was great for the kids! Chris and Wendy created a perfect atmosphere which allowed the adults to socialise too. We have been to a few 'child friendly' holiday places, but this one was by far the most enjoyable and sociable for both us and the kids! Highly recommended. Rating 5 out of 5, The Reynolds Family, Jun 2011
- We've holidayed at La Grange Du Moulin for 3 years in a row now and are due back again this August too! We love it! It's so family friendly, the gites are all in a row, facing the lovely gardens, with sandpit, pirate play-ship, trampoline, swings etc.....oh and the two heated outdoor pools of course! The owners, Chris and Wendy, are so hospitable - nothing is too much trouble! They arrange weekly pottery painting for the kids, wine tasting for the adults, a wine walk, a group BBQ and moules night, and much much more. Our boys love it, and have met many lasting friends there too. Lots to do out and about in the surrounding area as well, with great French markets in the nearby towns too. Rating 5 out of 5, Julie Gareth Tom and Joe, Jun 2010
- ''This was our first proper child friendly holiday and I think it has set a very high benchmark ! We all loved La Grange du Moulin. The facilities are superb and Wendy, Chris and the boys have created a real home from home atmosphere where we felt totally relaxed. Our daughter (21mths) woke up excited every morning, wanting to play, swim and 'see Wendy' ! We enjoyed kicking back for a week and watching our little one grow. Although we didn't see a huge amount of the area - largely due to the faciilties at La Grange du Moulin being so good- what we did see was beautiful; markets, parks, beaches and just the general ambience of rural France. I know we still have loads to see which will make our future holidays here even more enjoyable ! Chris and Wendy were excellent hosts - attentive but unobtrusive, friendly and approachable. Chris' knowledge of wine and obvious passion for the subject made our holiday drinking seem almost justifiable ! I think that Chris, Wendy and the boys have their very own special ''terroir'' Many Thanks''. Evans family, Fleurie gite.
- Excellent 2wks. Even though this was our 5th visit to La Grange du Moulin we still managed to find new places that we hadn't previously visited. The highlight of these was Puy du Fou, our two boys loved this - this place is unique.. Its impossible to descibe in words and has to be experienced. The real highlight though, has to be the way in which Chris, Wendy, Benjamin and Thomas welcome us into their world and show such amazing hospitality. This is what makes this such a special place and why we have returned so many times - Thank you again Mackie family, Grenier cottage. Children aged 7 and 5 yrs.
- We really enjoyed our stay. The complex is set up brilliantly for young children, The play area is great, it is just outside the gite and is well stocked with play equipmen such as swings and trampolines. The pool area is lovely and the childrens pool is fantastic... especially as its covered to shade them from the sun. Chris and Wendy were very helpful and kindly provided extra equipment in the gite such as bed guards, booster seats, toys etc. The bottle of wine on arrival was also appreciated. The gite itself was clean and well laid out. We all slept very well in our comfy beds. The laundry room was useful for books and extra games to play with the children. All in all we had a fantastic holiday in such a beautiful area of France. I highly recommend La Grange du Moulin to any families. Thanks again. Gunn family, Ruche cottage, Children aged 4 and 2 yrs)
- We are so glad to be back here ! We've been coming here since 1997, then with 3 small children, this time with our youngest, now almost 16 ! It just gets better and betterWe've always stayed in Peche but we have enjoyed the cool comfort of Papillon this time. The heated pool (this is the first time we've been when its been heated) is wonderful. Not too warm - still a great place to cool off - but now without the shock when you get in ! The pool area is great, lovingly cared for, sheltered and relaxing, and we spent most of the week there. All we needed was rest, good food, good wine, sunshine and good friends - absolutely everything is here. Most of all it has been just wonderful to spend time with Chris, Wendy and the boys. Thank you again, it's been perfect and we can't wait to come again as soon as possible ! Jaques family, Papillon cottage
- This was our first holiday with our 10mth old baby. The cottage was wonderfully well equipped for babies with age appropriate toys and books - Wendy thought of things that I didn't even ask for like a baby bath. Cottage was wonderful and cool, a great place to retreat from the heat of the sun. The property is totally safe for children and there is plenty to occupy them. It was great to interact with other visitors and the bbq night is a wonderful idea. Twomey family, Papillon gite
- A very relaxing break with our two children. The boys were very happy playing wit all the brilliant toys available and playing in the sandpit and on the trampoline. It was easy parenting for us as we didn't even leave the grounds for the first few days. It was all very safe and perfect for little ones. We discovered some beautiful beaches with the help of Wendy and had a fab day out in La Rochelle too. Perfect holiday for two small boys and one very big bump on mummy and the unbroken sunshine helped too. Parker family, Ruche gite
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (FR236) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 8
2 to 4
1 to 3
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Wendy on 00 33 546 33 09 02, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
The child friendly self catering holiday cottages or gites we offer are:
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
For up to date holiday availability, please click link below
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of these self catering holiday cottages or gites in Charente Maritime, South West France.