les vallaies, near st jean d'angeley, charente maritime, sw france
- Special Offer: Book before January 31st 2015 your holiday with us in May, June or September and receive £50 off the advertised price plus 20% discount code off Brittany ferry crossings when quoting Recommended Family Holidays
- Les Vallaies is a group of 5 family friendly self catering holiday gites with heated swimming pool. They lie in the rural hamlet of Le Puy de Brette near St Jean d'Angely in the Charente maritime region of South West France. The property is surrounded by open countryside The large heated swimming pool, spa, garden, games room with table tennis and swings, make for the perfect self catering family friendly gite holiday and an ideal base from which to explore this beautiful part of the Charente Maritime in South West France.
- Our family friendly accommodation welcomes families with children, (generally under 12's) toddlers and babies. There are four stone built gites and a modern villa to choose from. Each has its own private terrace area so the children can make new friends whilst you relax with a good book and a glass of chilled wine.
- We offer a number of great family friendly features that will help you enjoy your family holiday:
- Enclosed Heated Swimming pool with Jacuzzi
- Paddling area ideal for toddlers
- Garden with Swings, Slide and Sandpit
- Easy reach of all the best beaches
- Games room with table tennis, bar football, board games, books
- Indoor and Outdoor childrens toys
- Babysitting by registered childminder
- Wine tasting and family vine walks
- Trampoline with safety net
- We can also provide cots, highchairs and stairgates, toddler step, booster seat, steriliser etc.
- La Vierge sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms - a king sized double and two twin bedrooms. La Vierge and La Baleine are next to each other facing south away from the pool but next to the garden and swings so would suit families with younger children. Downstairs is very spacious and open plan with lounge area, dining area and a well equipped kitchen including fridge freezer, washing machine, dishwasher and microwave.
- La Baleine sleeps 6 in 4 bedrooms - a king, a twin and two single bedrooms. The gite is next to La Vierge and is south facing and adjacent to the garden area. It is a very private cottage in that its terrace is surrounded by a high wall, giving some shade and a lot of privacy. The cottage may also suit someone who has difficulty with stairs since it has a downstairs single bedroom with en suite shower room and toilet. The door is extra wide to allow wheelchair access to the room, however we strongly advise you speak to us first if you do require wheelchair access to the property as some areas may not be suitable.
- Le Pavillon Villa sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms - a single storey villa with master double bedroom and two twin rooms. There is a large open plan lounge with views to the front over the large garden through very large picture windows and views to the rear, of the garden and other cottages. The open plan kitchen is well equipped including fridge freezer, microwave, washing machine and dishwasher. The pool behind the cottages is for the use of our villa guests too and although not immediately adjacent to the villa is only a short (60 second) stroll down the garden or lane. Outside there is a covered porch and a large garden for games or sunbathing for the exclusive use of our villa guests. This is not enclosed, but with young children of our own, we consider it safe as long as children are supervised. There is a gated driveway for private parking. A garden table with chairs and parasol is provided, as is a barbecue.
- La Cassiopee sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms - a family friendly gite with king size master bedroom and two twin rooms. It is next to Le Cygne and is a poolside gite with a secure private gravelled terrace area with table, chairs, large parasol and charcoal barbecue. The good sized kitchen is fully equipped including washing machine, dishwasher, microwave and fridge freezer.
- La Cygne sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms - with king size bedroom and two twin rooms. It is next to Le Cygne and is a poolside cottage and therefore is ideal for families with older children so they can swim whilst you can relax on your private, enclosed gravel terrace. The good sized kitchen is fully equipped including washing machine, dishwasher, microwave and fridge freezer.
- Click here to check availability of all Les Vallaies gites in Charente Maritime South West France
- 9 family holiday recommendations, average rating 4.8 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 4 out of 5
- We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The villa offers privacy whilst also offering the opportunity to socialise in the shared pool and garden areas. You and your children can also meet others and play at 'events' organised by Chris and Wendy - informal occasions that we went to include the vine walk, taste du terroir and teddy bears picnic. The villa was clean and well equipped - a home from home, the only difference being the weather and no cbeebies ! We were nervous about taking our accident and illness prone son to France but felt reassured by Chris and Wendy as soon as we arrived. Chris & Wendy are very knowledgeable about the area and culture and gave us lots of ideas for fun days out. Reviews never look genuine unless there is a criticism but we cannot think of one about the property or our hosts ! Rating 5 out of 5, Simon, Sep 2013.
- Very friendly, lovely setting. Pool area very nice and pool well maintained. Would be good to have rear access to the garden from the pool side for children. Rating 5 out of 5, Alison, Aug 2013.
- Great facilities - kids loved the pool. Gites well equipped and comfortable. Garden/playground fantastic for younger kids together with the games room. trips out - St Savinien, Market days at St Jean and aulnay, Cognac, Saintes, La Rochelle, Beach at St Georges de didonne nr Royan, very good, Ile de Re. All fantastic places to visit - lots to see and do. Facilities and various activities - t-shirt painting and scuba diving kept all the kids in our group (aged 3 - 13yrs)fully occupied and satisfied. Rating 5 out of 5, Ed, Aug 2013
- We had a fantastic time, relaxing, great company, amazing barbecue. Will be back again next year again for the 3rd year ! The location is superb, the little boats at St Savinien, la Rochelle, restaurants in St Jean all made our 2 wks great fun. Wendy and Chris are so welcoming, kids loved t-shirt painting, teddy bears picnic and pottery painting. The swimming pool, games room, garden and our gite were perfect for our family. Kids met some great friends both old and new. Can't wait to see you again next year ! Rating 5 out of 5, Paula, Aug 2013
- Would just like to say that we have all had a very enjoyable and memorable holiday. The villa is second to none and appreciated the amount of thought going into making this holiday for all the family and extremely toddler friendly ! would highly recommend. Rating 5 out of 5, Shelagh, Jul 2013.
- First time we have holidayed in a group of gites. Our children got on well with the others and loved the pool. The organised activities - teddy bears picnics, pottery and vine walk went off very well and we wished we had done the vine walk earlier ! Chris and Wendy are a great source of local info, imparted in a most pleasant manner. The social aspect of the group of gites was just the right blend for us. The pizza evenings were great meeting points to swap ideas etc. Very many thanks for a super holiday. Rating 4 out of 5, Caroline, Aug 2011.
- The complex was just how we'd hoped. We had the privacy of the villa with its huge private garden and patio area, but the kids could safely go through the gate and play on the trampoline and swings and then we could go and be sociable with the other guests around the pool. Our 7yr old daughters main pleasure was meeting some other girls of a similar age and rushing back each day to play with them in the pool. The pool was perfect - both our children learnt to swim in it - safe, large and fun for all the family. The cottage was so peaceful and comfortable. We slept very well and enjoyed our evening bbq's and alfresco dining. Much to do in the area - beaches, swimming in rivers, Palmyre zoo - though did feel a bit tired after so much driving ! Rating 4 out of 5, The Strong Family, Aug 2011.
- We really enjoyed our 3 weeks at Les Vallaies in July / August 2011. The accomodation was perfect for our family with all that we needed and plenty of space for us and our 2 boys (aged 10 and 11). We stayed 'poolside' in Cassiope Gite and the boys really enjoyed being able to dip in and out of the pool as they pleased. Wendy and Chris couldn't have been more helpful - even loaning us a proper moules pot and burner when we fancied Moules mariniÃ¨re one evening. Our children say there is 'lots of cool stuff' to do around and about! I am guessing in our instance they mean the electric boats, the pedalos and the go-karts rather than the wine tasting and Cognac tour which we enjoyed! They made some great cereal bowls at the pottery making event and enjoyed seeing who could make the best pizza for the pizza oven. They also had a great time with the other children staying in the rest of the gites playing tag in the garden in the dark whilst we relaxed with a drink or two at the communal table there. Rating 5 out of 5, Yvette, Jul 2011.
- We have been to France now for the last 4 years and this is the first time we have stayed in a gite with other properties and families. We received a warm welcome from Chris and Wendy and our gite was clean, comfortable and well stocked. Our children have loved this holiday as they have made friends with the other children staying in the gites and have enjoyed the pool and garden, they want to return next year ! The other families were friendly and we enjoyed a couple of bbq and pizza nights. Rating 5 out of 5, Becky, Jul 2011.
- This is our second visit to the Cassiopee gite, as before we were very comfortable. We enjoyed playng dominoes in the evening along with the watching of dvds provided. Our 8yr old daughter couldn't wait to get back into the jacuzzi along with playing with some of the new pool toys, the inflatable net brought out the competitive streak in all of us along with the time spent in the games room ! Our neighbours on the complex were lovely and we enjoyed the interaction with them at pool times. Our second time visiting here has been better than the first. Thank you Wendy and Chris again, from the relaxed and happy McEvoy family, until next year McEvoy family, Cassiopee, 8yr old daughter.
- First time in France for some of our group. Young and old loved the pool and the game room kept them occupied while the adults sat out drinking wine ! Gites very clean and tidy. Chris and Wendy were very friendly and the welcome bottle of wine was a lovely gesture and much appreciated. Countryside interesting to wander/run around. Reminded me of Lincolnshire. All the sunflowers must look lovely when in full bloom. Burgess family, Cygne, children aged 7 - 17yrs
- The long drive from Warwickshire was well worth it, despite it being October weather in August according to the weather girl, it has been warm and sunny. The kids have loved the pool and games room and have been for some pleasant walks. The house is basic but has everything that we would need. The water is hot especially in the shower when you have a touch of sunburn ! Gunby family, Vierge, children aged 8, 11 and 14yrs
- We spent 2wks here with our three boys. The second week was a lot quieter than the first both at les vallaies and at all the tourist attractions. We loved Les Vallaies, all three boys enjoyed the pool, the garden / play area and the games room (even our 11mth old who would just crawl around chasing balls for hours on end) The cottage was spacious and cool although not ideal for a crawling baby, but Wendy and Chris soon sorted us out with items to 'baby proof' it. They also helped us arrange a doctors appointment when our youngest was ill which we would struggled to do on our own. The surrounding area was beautiful with ample attractions for all the family - we didn't get to the bottom of our list of things to do. Highlights were the Zoo and Cognac. Saunders family, Cassiopee, children aged 6 and 4yrs and 11 mths.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (FR237) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6
3 to 4
1 to 3
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Wendy on 00 33 546 330902, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
The family friendly self catering holiday cottages or gites we offer are:
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
For up to date holiday availability, please click link below
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of these self catering holiday cottages or gites.