Bel Air Gites, Poitou Charentes, south west France
Stunning shared swimming pool at these holiday gites
La Chouette Farmhouse sleeps 6 in 2 bedrooms
Everything you need for your self catering holiday in La Chouette
3 bedroom Les Chataigniers sleeps 8
Master bedroom in Les Chataigniers
Le Chai gite sleeps 4 + cot in 2 bedrooms
Open plan living in Le Chai self catering gite
Les Chenes gite - perfect kitchen for your self catering holiday
A touch of luxury in Les Chenes bathroom
Play time at these family gites in France
Plenty to occupy the kids whilst you relax on holiday
And more for the children, or should I say adults?
Not to mention space for the kids to run off some energy
And last but by no means least an indoor games room & play barn
bel air gites, near royan, charentes-maritime, south west france
- A warm Irish welcome awaits you whether you seek the sands of the Atlantic Coast or a visit to the lovely towns and vineyards in the wonderful countryside of the Charente Maritime, you can be sure of a comfortable and enjoyable family holiday in our gites. Bel Air has two self catering holiday cottages, Les Chataigniers sleeps 8 and La Chouette which sleep 6. The holiday accommodation also has three spacious holiday gîtes, Les Chênes 1, Les Chênes 2 and Chai, which sleep 4 people.
Overview of these family friendly gites in south west France
- The holiday gites are well equipped including a washing machine,dishwasher, microwave, TV with DVD player, and each holiday home has it's own private patio with a BBQ and patio furniture. We have an extensive selection of videos and DVD's available for your use.
- There are no hidden charges, bed linen and towels( including pool towels ) are included
- All Baby and toddler equipment is provided free of charge. We have cots, high chairs, booster seats, potties, bed guards, loo seats, push chairs, bouncy seats, baby baths, stair gates etc Just let us know in advance what you will need.
- Outdoors there is a fenced heated swimming pool , volleyball, badminton,football , basketball, trampoline with safety net, climbing frame and swings, giant Jenga, garden Connect4, caterpillar tunnel etc.
- Inside there is a games room with pool table, table tennis, PS2 (bring your favourite games) and a large selection of books for all ages. WiFi is available in all holiday cottages as is free to air TV. The games room also has a large selection of toys, Smoby garage, shop, workbench , a wooden kitchen, rocking horse, train set and lots more
- This attractive Charentaise Farmhouse is situated in the commune of Brie-sous-Mortagne close to fabulous sea-side town of Royan and the historic town of Saintes with it's fantastic pedestrianised shopping area. We are approximately 7km from the market town of Gémozac which has 3 supermarkets and a good variety of other shops for all daily needs. Bordeaux and La Rochelle Airport are approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes away each.
- La Choutte Farmhouse (sleeps 6 in 2 beds): a spacious and very comfortable farmhouse, it forms part of the west wing of the main house with a view across the countryside and the woods beyond. The private patio leads into the garden with access to the swimming pool. The holiday cottage has a double bedroom and a family room with a double bed and twin beds. This room is very spacious and has a small balcony which overlooks the pasture.
- Les Chataigniers (sleeps 6 in 3 beds): is a lovely holiday cottage with exposed stone walls and multi-coloured tiled roof and oak beams. The cottage overlooks the courtyard, the fields and beyond to the woods. Sleeping accommodation consists of two spacious double bedrooms and a further large bedroom with two single beds.
- Le Chai Gite (sleeps 4 + cot): was originally a stable and is now renovated to provide picturesque and comfortable 2 bedroom accommodation. The main bedroom has a double bed with room for a cot if required. The second bedroom is a twin room.
- Les Chenes gite 1 (sleeps 4): has a large double/ family bedroom with a double bed and bunk beds, if required. There is an en-suite shower room. The kitchen/lounge is spacious and a private patio with B.B.Q and garden furniture leads off the lounge.
- Les Chenes gite 2 (sleeps 6): has 1 double bedroom and 1 twin bedded room. It has a large shower room. Leading from the the spacious open plan kitchen/lounge there is a private patio with B.B.Q and garden furniture.
- Please send us a review of these holiday cottages near the Royan beaches by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 12 family holiday recommendations, average rating 5 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 5 out of 5
- We spent a wonderful week at Bel Air gites with our little boy. It is a nice and safe environment for kids. Our son had the time of his life in the big heated pool. There are lots of toys, games and dvd's available in the games room. He had a great time running around with his new friends in the playground, the trampoline was his favourite.... mine too! The gite, La Chouette, was perfect, clean and very well equipped, obviously lots of thought has gone into creating the perfect holiday accommodation. There are lots of wonderful places to visit in the area including, Bordeaux, the beaches at Royan, the zoo at La Palmyere and the aquarium at la Rochelle. There is also a great choice of family friendly restaurants in Mortagne, Gemozac and Meschers. Our only regret is that it was a short stay, we are already looking forward to our return next year and it will definitely be for 2 weeks this time.Rating 5 out of 5, Jo. reviewed Nov 2014
- We stayed here for a week with our three children (8,6 and 3) in La Chouette. It had everything we needed-full kitchen (washing machine,dishwasher,oven,microwave,fridge etc) ,bathroom with bath and separate shower, and two generous sized bedroom-one with two singles and a double and still very spacious. The sitting room had a flat screen tv with UK channels and a DVD player. WiFi was also free. Outside there was a gated pool,a big trampoline,and lots of outdoor toys and equipment. There was also an indoor playroom which also housed a great selection of books and DVDs to borrow. The surrounding area was covered in fields of sunflowers and vineyards-stunning. Lots of beautiful small French villages full of character. Within easy driving we visited Royan (beaches and a great zoo here),Bordeaux, Cognac,Saintes-all well worth a visit. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves-lots for the kids and the adults and very relaxing. Thanks Trish and Paul-hope to see you again soon xx Rating 5 out of 5, Fiona. July 2014
- This was our first proper family holiday for myself, my husband and our one year old daughter Amelie. Having never stayed in a Gite before I wasn't sure what to expect and I certainly had no idea how easy and welcoming Patricia and Paul would make this holiday. Everything had been thought of - from back out blinds, baby monitors, baby nightlights to a huge games room for children and adults. It was just wonderful - the gite was really clean with everything you could possible need inside and out -gorgeous pool, swings. trampoline, ping pong table etc . It was also in a fantastic location near markets, sea site towns as well as larger towns such a La Rochelle and Royan. I cant recommend Bel Air enough - a wonderful week away - the perfect place to take your children and great hosts - we were so sad to leave Paul and Patricia and the lovely dog Sandy and cat - Squeaks.Rating 5 out of 5, Prue. May 2014
- What a wonderful place! Patricia and Paul are very welcoming and think of everything to make sure your holiday is perfect.We have 3 children ages 9, 6 and 10 months and Bel Air really was a safe relaxing place for all ages.They have lots of equipment you can use during your stay from blackout blinds, baby monitors,sun tent for the beach,buckets and spades,and toys/books for all ages. We stayed in Les Chenes 2 and the patio area is very private and relaxing overlooking farmer's fields. The children loved the pool which was very clean and had a good safety gate. There was a nice grass area beside it which allowed our baby to crawl around under the parasols to keep cool during a very hot week!Again lots of toys were provided by the pool side to keep everyone happy.The location was also great...so many places to see. Beaches nearby, lovely market towns, Jonzac had a great swimming lake and facilities for sailing, rock climbing etc. This is definitely a place we'd love to return to and would recommend it to everyone! Rating 5 out of 5, The Stirling family. July 2013
- We have just spent a fabulous week at Bel Air. It's an ideal location for a family holiday, there is something for all ages, ideal for us as we have 3 kids aged 7 to 16. There was the pool , the football field, playground with swings and slides, a very well equipped games room, pool table, table tennis, PS2, videos and DVDs for the kids in the evening while Mum and dad sampled the local Pineau. Lots of outdoor games and bicycles available too!. The gites were very clean, comfortable and well equipped. Paul and Patricia went out of their way to help and accommodate us. Lots to see and do in the area...beach, zoo, jardins du Monde with bouncy castles, bowling, aquarium. Great selection of restaurants with in driving distance...French/ Irish and English. The port at Mortagne was great for my husband...he spent hours looking at his next boat!!!! Rating 5 out of 5, Mc Vey family, Jun 2012.
- We have recently returned from a 9 night stay at Bel-Air. Our accommodation was super, the facilities and grounds were beautiful and the hospitality received from the owners, Patricia and Paul were second to none. It is absolutely ideal for families. Everything has been taken care of to cater for everyone and that is very apparent. The location was perfect for us and our two young children. There is so much to do in the surrounding areas and the nearby beach at Meschers is a haven for children, exploring in the rock pools, keeping them amused all day. It's a beautiful part of France and the Bel-Air is a wonderful base to explore this unspoilt and truly special area. Rating 5 out of 5, Carly, Jun 2012.
- Les Chenes 2 Gite: We've recently returned from a wonderful 7 days at Bel-Air Maritime. We had a very warm welcome from Paul and Patricia, who made us feel right at home and on leaving felt like friends. Bel-Air itself is an absolute gem and perfect for a family get away – the swimming pool, play area and games room provided hours of entertainment for the kids and I think they would have been just as happy staying ‘home' at the gite as heading out to explore the surrounding sights. Although the weather wasn't great during our stay, the surrounding area offered loads to do – from the La Palmyre Zoo, the Aquarium, crabbing at Meschers, to the indoor swimming complex down the road in Jonzac (we had a lot of rain ;)) Thanks so much again to Paul and Patricia – we had a wonderful stay and won't hesitate in recommending Bel-Air to all our friends. Rating 5 out of 5, Caitlin & Sam, received Jun 2012.
- A group of friends & myself recently spent some time at Bel Air & had a marvelous time. We are very active older folks with grown "children" & had never previously had the "Gites" experience. We are now converts! It was wonderful to have the extra living space not available in a hotel room for get-together & the kitchens for light meals & snacks etc. The menfolk thoroughly enjoyed the Game Room. Any time any of them were AWOL we soon learned where to hunt them down & the variety of games available kept them entertained for hours! We ladies were more enthralled with the pool & the relative peace & quiet compared to a hotel pool. After a day of sightseeing it was so relaxing to have a swim & chat/read over a glass of the many fine wines the area is famous for. The setting is so beautiful with open space & the woods & yet is only 10 mins from Gemozac & the delightful port of Mortagne. There is so much to do in the area for people of all ages, not to mention the numerous excelent restaurants that even after 2 weeks we hadn't exhausted all the amenities! We shall return! One member of our party suffered a medical emergency & Patricia & Paul were kindness itself. They made a bad situation bearable with their many kindnesses. They did everything from calling the paramedics to following the ambulance to the hospital, they assisted with translating not just in emergency but accompanying us on hospital visits with the doctor. We cannot thank them enough, we will be forever in their debt! Rating 5 out of 5, Ed & Maria, received Jul 2011.
- In April 2011 my husband and I flew from San Francisco, California and had a wonderful relaxing and tranquil holiday in Bel-Air Gites, Charente Maritime, 17120, Brie-sous-Mortagne, France. We found the owners Paul and Patricia to be very kind, helpful and friendly. The Gite had everything we needed and the bed was comfortable. It is well situated as it's a short drive from many splendid restaurants and the sea. It was in fact one of the best holidays we've ever had. You can feel confident in recommending Bel-Air Gites. Rating 5 out of 5, Kay, Apr 2011
- Fabulous greeting awaits you when you arrive, Paul & Trish make you feel most welcome, plenty of activites for children of all ages in the locality, highly recommended. Rating 5 out of 5, Cathal, Apr 2011
- I would recommend Bel Air as an excellent family holiday. Bel air is located close to Royan in in the beautiful and peaceful French countryside of the Charente Maritime region. The beautiful sandy beaches and secluded coves at Mechers are only a short drive away. When we arrived we were warmly welcomed by Paul, Patricia and Cian. They had loads of information to share on things to do and see in the area. The converted farmhouse buildings are very clean and comfortable. The gites are fully equipped with everything needed for a family on holidays. There was lots to keep our son occupied, games room with pool table, table tennis and table football, the trampoline, volleyball and basket ball. He made lots of new friends and spent hours with them in the forest making a den, giving us a chance to relax by the pool and enjoy the peace and quiet. We thoroughly enjoyed our visits to Saintes , Royan and Talmont and discovered some great restaurants nearby. We are looking forward to discovering more of the area on our return trip this year. Rating 5 out of 5 Kris Aug 2010
- We received a very warm welcome from Paul & Patricia who were at hand on site to help with any needs we had and also to provide us with very useful local information. The accommodation was clean and comfortable and the facilities on site were fantastic for my 2 sons aged 5 and 3. There's a games room, wooded walks, outdoor play area, and their favourite - a pool. The local attractions included an aquarium, a zoo and lovely beaches near by. And the weather was fantastic while we were there. So all in all an excellent holiday destination with somthing to suit everyone. Rating 5 out of 5, Siobhan, Jul 2010
- We visited a couple weeks ago and I have to say we had such a great week. Lots to do in the area but we enjoyed relaxing at the gites. Our little girl 2 and little boy 11 months had a fantastic time. There's everything you need for little ones. They loved the pool, the huge play room and especially the trampoline. The hosts were very welcoming and friendly. And we loved having there dog sandy around. All in all I'd recommend this to any family wanting a toddler friendly holiday. The near by beaches and zoo are great to visit. Thanks for everything Patricia, hope to see you guys again in the not too distant future. Kiana, Donal, Ava and Tommy June 2014
- We stayed at Bel-Air for May half-term 2014. Our gite was Chai and we had a fab time (two adults and two kids aged 3 and 6). The whole process was faultless from booking to departure. Patricia and Paul are excellent hosts, fantastic communications with Patricia provided confidence ahead of the holiday by being able to phone or email Patircia and always receiving timely responses. The gite itself was perfect, everything you need is catered for and it is easily the best equipped accommodation we have stayed in. You can confidently travel here (with young children especially) and be certain that you will have what you need for an enjoyable holiday. Great quiet location but handy for Royan (25 mins), Cognac (30 mins), La Rochelle (1 hour) and Bordeaux (50 mins car plus a tram&ride into the centre). Lots to do and see nearby or stay at your gite and enjoy the sun, pool and play area with the kids. Supermarket 10 minutes drive away, local boulangerie 5 minutes drive and perfect for practising your French! I can't fault the accommodation or the hosts...' Lee and Zoe, May 2014
- As promised we arrived to a warm Irish welcome. Patricia and Paul were fabulous as were the facilities. We have 2 children ages 5 and 2 and both just ran free, in a warm and very safe environment. The location is ideal for lots of day trips to local markets and the beaches in Royan. Thank you for a wonderful, relaxing holiday. The Willingales, U.K , July 2013
- What a wonderful place! It has been a perfect week. Thank you for all the little extras you provided Patricia... very much appreciated. We still feel there is more to explore in the area, so we hope to come back one day! Stirling family, Edinburgh, July 2013
- We had a wonderful stay in La Chouette, a fantastic, well equipped gite and Patricia and Paul have been really friendly and welcoming. Patricia gave us great tips for the local area. The pool and playroom were brilliant, our daughter loved them. We loved the beach at Nones, Talmont sur Gironde and Royan. Palmyre Zoo was fantastic. We had a lovely meal at Le Cottage. Thank you for a wonderful,relaxing holiday.-Dowley family, Portishead, June/July 2013
- Thank you for your hospitality and all your help with our car emergency!!! You made us feel very welcome and the gite was so well equipped with everything we needed for the little people. Everyone had a great time- the children loved the games room and the play equipment was fab( in fact none of them want to leave). We'd love to come back again one day- thanks again!- Hill family , June 2013, Northamptonshire
- Thank you for a wonderful week here at Bel Air. Paul and Patricia are the most perfect hosts-nothing is too much trouble. The three of us loved the pool and the trampoline (probably a bit too much). Thanks again for a very relaxing holiday. June 2013, Clare and Steve, Herts.
- Patricia, Paul, thank you for sharing your lovely property. We enjoyed the peace and tranquility a lot. N had great fun on the trampoline, in the pool and with all the toys. Wish we could stay a little longer! Brophy family, Dublin. June 2013
- In spite of the weather, we have had an excellent week. the children in their element with the playroom and swimming pool. really great accommodation, with grateful thanks to Patricia who went beyond the 'call of duty' to help when disaster struck! many thanks. Rowthorn clan, U.K, June 2013
- Thank you so much for having our family this week! We all had a fab time, and the gites were perfect for us..the kids had a great time - my son is desperate to come back! - Jade, posted on our facebook page June 2013
- Thanks for all your hospitality... we had a great time! will recommend to friends! all the best- The Gill family , June 2013
- Despite the challenging weather we have had a lovely time. Lovely gite, thoughtfully equipped toy room and great pool- sorry we couldn't use it more. We know you must have your work cut out but the place looks great and the welcome was really friendly! For future guests on less sunny days we loved Les Antillies at Jonzac! Jordan and family , June 2013
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (FR234) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6
1 to 3
1 to 2
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Patricia on +33 683998743, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
The holiday accommodation available is as follows:
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
clink on link below to check latest holiday availability in France
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of this holiday cottage accommodation in South West France.