kilcar cottage, donegal bay, county donegal, nw ireland
- This fantastic 3 bedroom self catering holiday cottage boasts a superb location overlooking Donegal Bay just 2.5 miles from Kilcar village and 4.5 miles from the fishing town of Killybegs. The Donegal Coast holiday home is large and spacious withstunning sea views. Shop, pub & restaurant are within 3 miles & the beach is just 880 yards away from this coastal holiday cottage in North West Ireland.
- Ground Floor: lounge, kitchen, dining room, twin with separate shower room.
- First Floor: 2 double bedrooms.
- Electricity & oil central heating included, open fire with starter pack
- Linen and towels included, travel cot
- TV, DVD player, CD
- Fullly equipped kitchen including fridge with ice box, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine
- Welcome pack
- Partially enclosed garden, BBQ, patio furniture, off road parking.
- Pet friendly holiday cottage.
- Kilcar 2.5 miles from the holiday cottage is situated where the waters of two streams, the Ballyduff and the Glenaddragh, jostle their way down the mountains. This very unspoiled village is a centre for the Donegal tweed industry. The Kilcar way is a trinity of walks which starts in the village. One loops north around the western foothills of Mulnanaff, the second runs east and North-east to Kilcar Forest, and the third west to the massive marine cliffs of Slieve League.
- Killybegs 3.5 miles away is Ireland's premier fishing port. Located on the northwest coast of Ireland, this natural harbour provides a perfect gateway to the Atlantic Ocean. Killybegs is a bustling town where local and foreign ships tower over the quayside. With large numbers of both trendy and modern restaurants and the more traditional pubs, Killybegs offers the visitor a variety of good food, drink and entertainment.
- Tourist Attractions include: National blue flag beach, Fintragh Bay, St Catherine’s Church, Donegal Bay Seafari and the Maritime and Heritage Centre.
- Walking - Hill 100 yards. Bird watching on site. Water sports, Fishing, Coastal walks ¾ miles. Childrens Playground 1 miles. Leisure centre & indoor pool, Traditional Music 1¼ miles. Cinema 6 miles. Horse riding 10 miles.
- Please send us a review of this holiday cottage on the Donegal coast in Ireland by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- Area stunning. House location unbeatable. Dolphins swin past the house. Friendly people. Imagine Ireland were fuss free and offer a friendly service.
- Amazing view, good welcome and cottage superbly furnished. Well maintained and value for money. Standard of cleanliness very good. Amazing home
- The cottage is in an area of Donegal we know quite well, quite rugged and windswept. The cottage is cut into the hillside with a great view out to sea. The cottage is new, spacious, well laid out and beautifully finished with natural stone tiling
- Both my Husband and 2 friends enjoyed every minute of the beautiful house and the scenery was breathtaking. Would highly recommend this property, sorry we had to leave.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (IR04) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|