A perfect holiday choice for the whole family
Outside your apartment by the beach with shared pool
Fancy a game of tennis? Mark Warner are renowned for it
Head off for a game of golf onsite or at many nearby courses
A shared swimming pool is never far away from your accommodation
This beach resort is, of course, right on the beach!
You have loads of choices on where to dine at this half board resort
ocean club beach resort, luz, algarve, portugal
- This family friendly beach holiday is perfect for you if you are keen to immerse yourself in the local culture and enjoy all the amenities of a top notch resort. The accommodation consists of a choice of charming, spacious one, two or three bedroom apartments dotted around the picturesque town of Luz. A former fishing village situated on the southern coast of the Algarve, Luz overlooks a beautiful sandy bay, which is protected by the dramatic Rocha Negra headland to the east.
- Stroll along the palm fringed promenade which sweeps around the bay, and enjoy a cooling drink from one of the waterside cafes or browse the craft stalls and shops. The sheltered bay is perfect for watersports, or you can play on one of the superb nearby golf courses or enjoy a scenic horseback ride. If you prefer more extreme sports, you can try out the nearby quad biking, rock climbing or microlighting. Alternatively, explore the local countryside by foot or mountain bike, or visit the nearby port town of Lagos with its pretty cobbled squares and bustling marina.
- The Ocean Club Beach Resort offers first class childcare from 1 year, four swimming pools, one of which is reserved for adults plus its own exclusive tennis club. Free wifi access is available in both the Mill and Garden Bars. However there is no access in any of the apartments.
- Swimming pools & beach front location
- Restaurants & bars
- Kids club, Teenagers club & creche
- Evening childcare
- Fitness classes, tennis, mountain biking
- Half board holiday accommodation in apartments
- The charming holiday apartments are clustered in different locations around the pretty town of Luz, no more than a ten-minute walk away from the Ocean Club Resort’s Mill Restaurant and Bar, where breakfast and dinner are served. Choose from a one, two or three bedroom apartment, all fully furnished, including television, kettle, toaster, oven, crockery, cutlery and a fridge, plus all linen and bath towels.
- Each apartment is unique; some come with their own garden, some with sea views and some overlooking the pool at the resort. All of them have either a terrace or a balcony. Hairdryers can be hired for €10 per week and safety deposit boxes are available in reception.
- Dining at the Ocean Club is on a half board basis. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast in the mornings at the Mill Restaurant, where you can choose your favourites from the breakfast buffet enjoy a delicious croissant or indulge in a full English breakfast. For six days of the week, our chefs serve a superb three course a la carte dinner at the Mill Restaurant, featuring fresh, local ingredients. For one night of the week, you’re free to try out one the many restaurants around the village or on the promenade overlooking the beach. There’s a fantastic choice of restaurant around, some of which specialise in the local fish and seafood which abounds along this coastline including squid, prawns, clams, sardines, bream and monkfish.
- For lunch you can stock up on gorgeous local salads and fruit at the local supermarkets and have a lazy meal at your apartment. A visit to the nearby bakery for freshly baked rolls is a must. Alternatively, you can lie by the poolside at the resort where your lunch will be freshly cooked to order at the grill if you wish.
- Please send us a review of this beach resort on the Algarve in Portugal by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
Holiday Accommodation Summary (PO10)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
|from 2 up to large groups||
1 to 5
1 to 5
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|