holidays in scotland - cottages, lodges, hotels, parks
- I used to live in Scotland, so I know how much it has to offer you on a family holiday. The beauty of family holidays in Scotland is that they are geared towards wet weather and therefore there are a wealth of things to do with your whole family regardless of rain or shine making it the perfect holiday destination for you whatever the season. But why choose my website to find your next amazing family holiday? Here are just a few reasons.
- WE ONLY HAVE FAMILY FRIENDLY ACCOMMODATION all of which will give you & your family a very warm welcome.
- A HUGE CHOICE OF PLACES TO STAY, not only by location but also by type - cottages, apartments, lodges, hotels or parks - so basically I offer you a ONE STOP SHOP, at last a website that makes finding your holiday easy.
- TRUST and SECURITY is VITAL FOR YOU & ME, so for some holidays, you book directly with the owner OR for others I have teamed up with reputable businesses and you book online directly with them - all of them are ABTA or ATOL members so they are fully trustworthy allowing you peace of mind.
- RECOMMENDED HOLIDAYS BY OTHER FAMILIES who have been there and experienced them - as a mum myself I know that the best holidays we have been on are those that have been recommended by likeminded people.
- BEST PRICE GUARANTEES are offered by many of my partner companies so you won't find yourself paying more than anyone else if you book elsewhere. You, too can ALWAYS pay the lowest possible price.
- TELEPHONE 01244 352241 If you are looking for advice or to book a UK holiday then I have teamed up with another operator who have their own call centre to provide you with this service - lines open until 9.30pm every single day! Bookings made directly with owners are completed via the online forms on each property page or by clicking through to the owners' website from their property page
- Click on the cottage links or holiday collections to the left hand side of this page. You could do an Availability Search by entering your requirements & the available holidays will be displayed for you. Or, below is a summary of our self catering accommodation in Wales showing the features & suitability of the property all in one place. Just click on the cottage name for further details, or use the interactive map of Scotland below by clicking on the markers.
- Alternatively if you are really struggling, then I am more than happy to help you out. Please provide me with as many details as possible in terms of where you would like to go, how many people, dates, budget & any other requirements such as private/shared pool or catering service and I will do my very best to point you in the right direction. And, don't worry, this is a FREE service - just contact me.
- Finding Family Holidays in the UK Having trouble working out where to start? Finding the whole prospect of going on holiday with the kids daunting? Well we may just be able to help you...
- Why not try a holiday park this Summer? Part Two: Holiday Parks - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a static caravan.
- Why not try a holiday park this Summer? Part One: Holiday Lodges - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a log cabin
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
- The Scottish Borders are completely stunning with fabulous scenery and with plenty of interesting tourist attractions to visit to keep you & your family occupied. The Scottish Highlands are equally as dramatic with stunning, rugged scenery and coastline with magnificent views.
- On the West Coast of Scotland there is equally as stunning scenery and our holiday cottages and lodges around Oban are just fabulous - choose an isolated croft on the banks of the loch, a holiday lodge or a luxury apartment in the centre of Oban with links to the Scottish Islands of the Isles of Mull and Lismore.
- In Central Scotland, Stirling Castle is one of my favourites and ideal for the children to chart the history of the battles between Scotland and England - this tourist attraction is very family friendly and a great place to take the children. You may also wish to visit the bright lights and culture of Scotland's capital in the East - Edinburgh, or in West Scotland, Glasgow is equally as fascinating.
- All of the holiday accommodation that we offer you is family friendly. Cottages, parks, lodges, hotels & self catering apartments have services such as babysitting, kids club, baby equipment, DVD players, games rooms and swimming pools to keep all of the children occupied whilst you enjoy your holiday too!
- If you have any self catering holiday cottages to recommend in Scotland then please click on "Make a Holiday Cottage Recommendation" to send us a review, or if you would like to advertise your own property as a family holiday destination then please click on "List my holiday accommodation on Recommended Family Holidays".
How to Find YOUR Perfect Holiday
Useful blog postings for holidays in Scotland
Recommended regions to visit on your holiday in Scotland
holiday accommodation in scotland in photos
Crieff Hydro Hotel & Cottages, Perthshire 60+ activities, free childcare.
Muirhall Cottages, Lanarkshire - four 5* rated luxury cottages, 1 & 2 beds
Island View, near Ayr, west coast Scotland - 4 en suite beds, hot tub, sea views
Strathyre Lodges, nr Stirling - 2-3 bed luxury self catering, hot tub, lochside, disabled accessible
Piperdam Lodges, Dundee - 1-6 bed luxury holiday lodges, pool, hot tubs
Macdonald Hotels Scotland - luxury family friendly hotels
Lochgoilhead Lodges, Argyll - 2 & 3 bed lochside accommodation, pool, hot tubs
Moray Firth Holidays, The Black Isle 4 bed cottage with sea views.
West Coast Cottage near Oban 4 bedrooms, sleeps up to 10
Spey Valley Country Club, Aviemore - 1-3 bed accommodation, golf, indoor pool
Scottish Cottages - specialists in accommodation throughout Scotland
Lagnakeil Highland Lodges, Oban - 17 holiday lodges at Loch Feochan
The Herring Queen, Eyemouth - 2 bed waterfront apartment
scottish accommodation - search via summary table or on the map!
|Crieff Hydro Hotel & Resort, Perthshire, Scotland||14||4.8||1-3 beds||Rural||YY||YYY||YY||YN||Y||YY||Hotel & self catering holidays & short breaks, tennis, pool, 60 activities|
|Piperdam Lodges, Dundee, East Scotland||12||4.7||1-6 beds||Rural Coast||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||£239-£4,129/wk||Golf, wheelchair friendly, short breaks, hot tubs|
|Lochgoilhead Lodges, Argyll, West Scotland||9||4.6||2-4 beds||Rural Loch||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||£277-£3,159/wk||Kids club, fishing, short breaks, hot tubs, activities|
|Moray Firth Holidays, Tigh Na Mara, Fortrose, The Black Isle, Highlands||8||4.8||4 beds||1||Coast||YY||YYN||NN||YN||NN||YN||£430-£905/wk short breaks||Sleeps 6, 2 person discount, sea views, dolphins|
|Island View, Dunure, Ayrshire, west coast||7||4.4||4 beds||1||Coast||YY||YYY||NY||YN||NY||YN||from £655 for 3 night short break||Sleeps 8, 4 ensuite beds, sea views, private hot tub, cinema room|
|Muirhall Holiday Cottages, Lanarkshire||4||5||1-2 beds||4||Rural||YY||YYY||NY||YN||YY||YN||£530-970/wk, short breaks||5* rated. 40 mins Edinburgh & Glasgow|
|Spey Valley Country Club, Aviemore, Cairngorms, Inverness-shire||2||4.5||1-3 bed||Rural Skiing||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||£449-£1,750/wk||Championship golf, restaurant, short breaks, ski|
|Strathyre Lodges, nr Stirling, Central Scotland||2-3 beds||35||Lochside||YY||YYY||NY||YN||YY||YY||Short breaks & from £355/wk||Private hot tubs, activities, wheelchair friendly, playground, fishing|
|Lagnakeil Highland Lodges, Oban, Argyll, Scotland||1-3 beds||17||Loch Coast||YY||YYY||NY||YN||NY||YY||£395-£795/wk|
|West Coast Cottage, near Oban, Argyll, Scotland||4 beds||1||Rural Coast||YY||YYY||NY||YN||NY||YN||£720-£1,650/wk||Stunning views|
|The Herring Queen, Eyemouth, SE Scotland||2 beds||Harbour||YY||YYY||NN||YN||NY||NN||£475-£575/wk||Waterside, walk to amenities|
|Scottish Cottages - specialists||1-7 beds||All||YY||YYY||YY||YN||NY||YY||All types, all budgets. Weekly & short breaks|
|Macdonald Hotels in Scotland||Specialists in family friendly hotel breaks|
detailed information on family holidays in scotland
|Crieff Hydro Hotel & Resort, Perthshire, Scotland - superb family friendly hotel in Scotland with free daily childcare & over 60 onsite activities including pony rides, swimming, archery, quad biking, mountain biking etc. Accommodation is either in luxury family bedrooms or good value self catering cottages. BEST PRICE GUARANTEED so you won't find cheaper! Fully inspected accessible|
|Piperdam Lodges, near Dundee, eastern Scotland - 1-6 bedroom self catering holiday lodges on a 500 acre site with numerous activities for all ages. Onsite there is an indoor heated swimming pool, spa, gym, 18 hole golf course next to the loch, quad biking, 4x4 safari, archery to name just a few things. The luxury accommodation is well equipped, many have private hot tubs & saunas. In addition there is disabled accessible lodges too. Comes highly recommended for your next family holiday.|
|Lochgoilhead Holiday Lodges, Argyll, western Scotland - stunning lochside location for these beautiful lodges, many with private hot tubs & great value caravans that are pet friendly. Numerous family friendly onsite activities including quad biking, fishing, cycling, indoor swimming pool & soft play. Superb choice for a relaxing break in a remote yet fantastic location.|
|Tigh Na Mara, Fortrose, Moray Firth, Scotland- 4 bedroom holiday home to sleep up to 6 people with stunning views across the Moray Firth from where you can look out for the famous dolphins! Located right on the edge of the sea in the charming seaside town of Fortrose on the Black Isle. Close to Loch Ness, Cairngorm National Park, & all the facilities of Inverness.|
|Island View, Dunure, near Ayr, west coast of Scotland - stunning 4 ensuite bedroom luxury beach house with stunning sea views across the Clyde & just 1 mile from the picturesque fishing village of Dunure with a pub serving food. A home cinema room & private hot tub makes these an extra special destination for a short break in Scotland all year round.|
|Muirhall Holiday Cottages, Auchengray, Lanarkshire, Central Scotland- 4 luxury self catering holiday cottages, 5* rated by Visit Scotland & in the perfect central location for a base to explore both Edinburgh & Glasgow, not to mention everywhere in between! Each sensitiviely converted 200 year old building has 1-2 bedrooms, so not a large holiday home, however perfect for a large group who wants their own space if you book each cottage together. Pet friendly too!|
|Spey Valley Country Club, near Aviemore, Cairngorms, Scottish Highlands - in a stunning setting with superb Highland views surrounded by a Championship golf course. With indoor pool, squash, badminton, restaurant onsite what more could you need on your holiday in the Cairngorms? Accommodation is in apartments & villas sleeping up to 8 people each, all welcome pets.|
|Holiday cottages in Scotland from Sykes - offering self catering holiday cottages all over Scotland with the option to search for acommodation with facilities such as pool, hot tub, coast & pet friendly holidays. Click the red heading title to go to their website for more information & online booking or best of all, telephone 01244 352 241 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 9.30pm.|
|Strathyre Lodges, Callander, near Stirling, central Scotland - set amongst the scenic lochs & mountains of the Trossachs, these family & pet friendly holiday lodges have numerous onsite activities for the whole family. Many of the lodges have their own private hot tub & there is also a fully wheelchair accessible lodge too. The lodges have up to 3 bedrooms each & therefore for larger group holidays. Superb location for dog walking as its secluded yet surrounded by breathtaking scenery.|
|Macdonald Hotels in Scotland - a small chain of 45 luxury family friendly hotels across the UK, many are based in Scotland or the south of England. Please note that Macdonald's "family fun" hotels signify that they are particularly child friendly. All hotels have full disabled access including both facilities & family bedrooms. Many of the hotels welcome pets.|
|Hoseasons Holidays all over Scotland - offering self catering cottages, boating holidays, holiday lodges & family friendly parks. You can search on numerous features including hot tubs, pools, distance to coast, pets etc. Click the red heading title to go to their website for more information & online booking or best of all, telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|
|Lagnakeil Lodges near Oban, West Coast of Scotland - situated close to the banks of Loch Feochan, Scotland, with sea views. The self catering holiday chalets are nestled throughout seven acres of scenic wooded hillside in the peace and calm of Lerags Glen only three miles from Oban, "Gateway to the Isles" in Argyll, Scotland. Only a short walk up the glen, a Country Pub can be found serving fine home-cooked food and ales. Pets are welcome at these holiday lodges.|
|West Coast Holiday Cottage, near Oban - 4 bedroom holiday cottage that sleeps up to 10 set in a truly unique and unrivalled location. This beautiful Scottish land of mountains, lochs and islands can be experienced from the comfort of your sitting room in our luxury self catering holiday cottage situated close to the banks of Loch Feochan, on the west coast of Scotland. Pet friendly.|
map of scotland - click on the cottage you want to visit
View Holidays in Scotland in a larger map
Map provided by Google Maps