Scottish Holiday Partners
- Home >
holidays in scotland - cottages, lodges, hotels, parks
- I used to live in Scotland, so I know how much it has to offer you on a family holiday. The beauty of family holidays in Scotland is that they are geared towards wet weather and therefore there are a wealth of things to do with your whole family regardless of rain or shine making it the perfect holiday destination for you whatever the season. But why choose my website to find your next amazing family holiday? Here are just a few reasons.
- WE ONLY HAVE FAMILY FRIENDLY ACCOMMODATION all of which will give you & your family a very warm welcome.
- A HUGE CHOICE OF PLACES TO STAY, not only by location but also by type - cottages, apartments, lodges, hotels or parks - so basically I offer you a ONE STOP SHOP, at last a website that makes finding your holiday easy.
- TRUST and SECURITY is VITAL FOR YOU & ME, so for some holidays, you book directly with the owner OR for others I have teamed up with reputable businesses and you book online directly with them - all of them are ABTA or ATOL members so they are fully trustworthy allowing you peace of mind.
- RECOMMENDED HOLIDAYS BY OTHER FAMILIES who have been there and experienced them - as a mum myself I know that the best holidays we have been on are those that have been recommended by likeminded people.
- BEST PRICE GUARANTEES are offered by many of my partner companies so you won't find yourself paying more than anyone else if you book elsewhere. You, too can ALWAYS pay the lowest possible price.
- TELEPHONE 01244 352241 If you are looking for advice or to book a UK holiday then I have teamed up with another operator who have their own call centre to provide you with this service - lines open until 9.30pm every single day! Bookings made directly with owners are completed via the online forms on each property page or by clicking through to the owners' website from their property page
- Click on the cottage links or holiday collections to the left hand side of this page. You could do an Availability Search by entering your requirements & the available holidays will be displayed for you. Or, below is a summary of our self catering accommodation in Wales showing the features & suitability of the property all in one place. Just click on the cottage name for further details, or use the interactive map of Scotland below by clicking on the markers.
- Alternatively if you are really struggling, then I am more than happy to help you out. Please provide me with as many details as possible in terms of where you would like to go, how many people, dates, budget & any other requirements such as private/shared pool or catering service and I will do my very best to point you in the right direction. And, don't worry, this is a FREE service - just contact me.
- Finding Family Holidays in the UK Having trouble working out where to start? Finding the whole prospect of going on holiday with the kids daunting? Well we may just be able to help you... Published 9 June 2014
- Why not try a holiday park in Summer 2014? Part Two: Holiday Parks - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a static caravan at Camber Sands near Hastings on the south coast of England. Published 24 Jan 2014
- Why not try a holiday park in Summer 2014? Part One: Holiday Lodges - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a log cabin on Darwin Forest Holiday Park in the Peak District. Published 14 Jan 2014
- Click here to read other articles in our holiday blog.
- The Scottish Borders are completely stunning with fabulous scenery and with plenty of interesting tourist attractions to visit to keep you & your family occupied. The Scottish Highlands are equally as dramatic with stunning, rugged scenery and coastline with magnificent views.
- On the West Coast of Scotland there is equally as stunning scenery and our holiday cottages and lodges around Oban are just fabulous - choose an isolated croft on the banks of the loch, a holiday lodge or a luxury apartment in the centre of Oban with links to the Scottish Islands of the Isles of Mull and Lismore.
- In Central Scotland, Stirling Castle is one of my favourites and ideal for the children to chart the history of the battles between Scotland and England - this tourist attraction is very family friendly and a great place to take the children. You may also wish to visit the bright lights and culture of Scotland's capital in the East - Edinburgh, or in West Scotland, Glasgow is equally as fascinating.
- All of the holiday accommodation that we offer you is family friendly. Cottages, parks, lodges, hotels & self catering apartments have services such as babysitting, kids club, baby equipment, DVD players, games rooms and swimming pools to keep all of the children occupied whilst you enjoy your holiday too!
- If you have any self catering holiday cottages to recommend in Scotland then please click on "Make a Holiday Cottage Recommendation" to send us a review, or if you would like to advertise your own property as a family holiday destination then please click on "List my holiday accommodation on Recommended Family Holidays".
How to Find YOUR Perfect Holiday
Useful blog postings for holidays in Scotland
Recommended regions to visit on holiday in Scotland
|Crieff Hydro Hotel, Perthshire, Scotland||5||5||1-3 beds||Rural||YY||YYY||YY||YN||Y||YY||Hotel & self catering, tennis, pool, 60 activities|
|Moray Firth Holidays, Tigh Na Mara, Fortrose, The Black Isle, Highlands||2||5||4 beds||1||Coast||YY||YYN||NN||YN||NN||YN||£445-£905/wk||Sleeps 6, 2 person discount, sea views, dolphins|
|Doocot Cottage, nr Stirling, Central Scotland||2||5||1 beds||Rural||YY||YYY||NN||YN||NY||YY||£490-£750/wk||Private hot tub, games room|
|Muirhall Holiday Cottages, Lanarkshire||1-2 beds||4||Rural||YY||YYY||NY||YN||YY||YN||£530-£970/wk||5* rated. 40 mins Edinburgh & Glasgow|
|Rahoy Estate Cottages, West Coast Scotland||2 bed||3||Loch Coast||YY||YYN||NY||YN||YY||YN||£340-£430/wk||3 two bed cottages|
|Rahoy Estate Lodge, West Coast Scotland||7 bed||1||Loch Coast||YY||YYN||NY||YN||YY||YN||£3,000-£4,000/wk||tennis court, pontoon, games room|
|Lagnakeil Highland Lodges, Oban, Argyll, Scotland||1-3 beds||17||Loch Coast||YY||YYY||NY||YN||NY||YY||£395-£795/wk|
|Piperdam Lodges, Dundee, East Scotland||1-6 beds||Rural Coast||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||£239-£3,535/wk||Golf, Wheelchair friendly, short breaks, hot tubs|
|Spey Valley Country Club, Aviemore, Cairngorms, Inverness-shire||1-3 bed||Rural Skiing||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||£484-£965/wk||Championship golf, restaurant, short breaks, ski|
|West Coast Cottages, near Oban, Argyll, Scotland||3-5 beds||4||Rural Coast Oban||YY||YYY||NY||YN||NY||YN||£720-£1,650/wk||Disabled friendly cottages available|
|Lochgoilhead Lodges, Argyll, West Scotland||2-3 beds||Rural Loch||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||£206-£793/wk||Kids club, fishing, short breaks|
|The Herring Queen, Eyemouth, SE Scotland||2 beds||Harbour||YY||YYY||NN||YN||NY||NN||£475-£575/wk||Waterside, walk to amenities|
|Clach Mhor Beach House, Strathclyde||3 beds||Coast||YY||YYY||NN||YN||NY||NN||from £390 for 3 nights||Private hot tub, sea views|
properties of the week
Crieff Hydro Hotel & Cottages, Perthshire 60+ activities, free childcare.
Moray Firth Holidays, The Black Isle 4 bed cottage with sea views.
Doocot Cottage, Stirling - 2 bed near Antonine Wall
Muirhall Cottages, Lanarkshire - four 5* rated luxury cottages, 1 & 2 beds
Piperdam Lodges, Dundee - 1-6 bed luxury holiday lodges, pool, hot tubs
Macdonald Hotels Scotland - luxury family friendly hotels
Rahoy Estate Cottages, West Coast 3 two bed cottages plus a 6-10 bed lodge, lochside
Lochgoilhead Lodges, Argyll - 2 & 3 bed lochside accommodation, pool
West Coast Cottages, near Oban 4 cottages with 3-5 bedrooms
Spey Valley Country Club, Aviemore - 1-3 bed accommodation, golf, indoor pool
Lagnakeil Highland Lodges, Oban - 17 holiday lodges at Loch Feochan
The Herring Queen, Eyemouth - 2 bed waterfront apartment
Clach Mhor Beach House - 2 bed, hot tub, sea views
map of scotland showing the accommodation - click on the cottage you want to visit
View Holidays in Scotland in a larger map
Map provided by Google Maps