indoor heated swimming pool at Spey Valley Country Club
Highland Villa sleeps 6 in 2 bedrooms, pet friendly
Comfortable lounge in the Highland Villa
Luxury dining area in the villas
Outside the Spey Valley self catering apartments
Self catering apartments with either 1 or 2 bedrooms
Self catering holidays made easy with fully equipped kitchen
Craigellechie Chalet sleeps 6 in 2 bedrooms, pet friendly
spey valley country club, aviemore, the cairngorms, scottish highlands
- Situated in the well known winter ski resort of Aviemore in the Highlands of Scotland, the Spey Valley Country Club is a family friendly holiday lodge complex built around a nine hole golf course. The Club is surrounded by some of the most imposing scenery in the Scottish Highlands and has superb views of the famous Cairngorm Mountains.
- A wide selection of self-catering accommodation is on offer, from spacious apartments to cosy Scandinavian style chalets or large villas that sleep anywhere from four to eight guests. The accommodation is tastefully furnished and well-equipped to provide a very comfortable stay.
- The Spey Valley Country Club provides its guests with an impressive range of facilities from a restaurant and lounge bar to an indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, gym, squash courts, table tennis as well as an adventure playground for children, making it a complete family holiday destination on its own.
- The Cairngorms is now Scotland's second National Park and the mountain's funicular railway is proving to be one of Scotland's top tourist attractions, with magnificent views, and an exhibition area. The nearby village of Aviemore was initially well-known for its skiing, but is now a village known for activity holidays all year round with numerous outdoor activities including canoeing, hiking, climbing and mountain biking being but a few. Entertainment in the village includes year-round festivals and events, as well as a lively nightlife with a selection of restaurants, pubs and nightclubs to visit.
- Please note that pets are welcome in all of the accommodation on the resort at a small extra charge for the week.
- Indoor heated swimming pool and spa pool
- Sauna, steam room and solarium
- Gym, Snooker and pool
- 9 hole golf course and Championship 18 hole golf course
- Table tennis
- Internet access*
- Tennis courts, squash, badminton
- Lounge bar with entertainment and competitions
- Restaurant and bar food
- Adventure Playground
- Spey Self Catering Apartment (sleeps 4 in 1 bedroom, pet friendly): Apartment with one twin or double. Bath with overhead shower. Additional sleeping for two in the lounge area. Interactive TV with movies on demand. Dishwasher. Conservatory and outside seating area.
- Patio Apartment (sleeps 8 in 3 bedrooms, pet friendly): Two storey apartment with one double with ensuite bath with overhead shower and one twin with adjoining room with bunks. Bath with overhead shower. Interactive TV with movies on demand. Dishwasher. Patio with barbecue.
- Highland Villa (sleeps 6 in 2 bedrooms, pet friendly): Superior apartment with one double with ensuite bath with overhead shower and one twin. Bath with overhead shower. Dishwasher. Conservatory and outside seating area. One or two storey villas – please check when booking.
- Craigellechie Chalet (sleeps 6 in 2 bedrooms, pet friendly): Superior apartment with one double with ensuite bath with overhead shower and one twin. Bath with overhead shower. Dishwasher. Conservatory and outside seating area. One or two storey villas – please check when booking.
- Alternatively, if you like the area & would prefer a hotel or something more upmarket then might I suggest MacDonald Aviemore Resort. There is a choice of four different hotels or their luxury woodland lodge accommodation plus the Aviemore Activity Centre that is packed with things for the whole family to do. Click here to book directly with MacDonald who offer a best rate guarantee.
- Looking for history, legend, romance and dramatic Highland scenery? They’re on your doorstep when you stay at one of our holiday lodges in Inverness-shire. Magical and mysterious, Loch Ness draws visitors from far and wide eager to spot the famous monster – explore the haunting ruins of Castle Urquart while you’re here or head up into the Great Glen for some superb walking. At the western end of the loch, near Ben Nevis and Glen Coe, you’ll find Fort William, a notable centre for outdoor pursuits.
- Make time to explore the Cairngorms National Park when you stay at one of our holiday lodges in Inverness-shire. Its outstandingly beautiful landscape is not only a haven for wildlife but also a stunning backdrop for hiking, mountain biking and climbing. Enjoy a nostalgic steam train ride on the Strathspey Railway from Aviemore to Broomhill, now famous as Glenbogle in TV’s Monarch of the Glen.
- For city pleasures, there’s Inverness, Capital of the Highlands, and home to an impressive Gothic cathedral as well as good shops and restaurants. Close by is the evocative windswept heath of Culloden battlefield. And be sure to take a whale and dolphin spotting boat trip in the Moray Firth – an unforgettable experience and surely a highlight of lodge holidays in Inverness-shire.
- Finding Family Holidays in the UK Having trouble working out where to start? Finding the whole prospect of going on holiday with the kids daunting? Well we may just be able to help you...
- Why not try a holiday park this Summer? Part Two: Holiday Parks - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a static caravan.
- Why not try a holiday park this Summer? Part One: Holiday Lodges - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a log cabin
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
- Please send us a review of this self catering Cairngorm holiday accommodation in Scotland by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 2 family holiday recommendations, average rating 4.5 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating: 4 out of 5
- Comfortable lodge in gorgeous surroundings and so many things to do for all the family. Alison, Rating 5 out of 5, June 2015
- Staff could be more friendly. Also be prepared for the £50 card hold on arrival along with an electric bill when you leave. When we arrived heating on full which was great but must have been like that since the 10am checkout from the previous guest as that's when the staff read the meters. We didn't get in until 5pm therefore a day of heating a chalet for 7 hours on full. Bit cheeky, the meter reading should be taken when you check In. Apart from that great chalet and great holiday. Rating 4 out of 5, Feb 2015.
- Great place to stay, excellent facilities everything clean and modern. Amanda, Rating 5 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- We wanted a quiet holiday following illness and this holiday suited us. We had a steak meal in the steakhouse which was excellent but very expensive. We would have to think twice about returning for a meal. James, Rating 4 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- Fantastic villa, great surroundings spectacular view! Paul, Rating 5 out of 5, Feb 2015.
- Wonderful holiday in the beautiful Cairngorm National Park. Alison, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Jun 2015.
- Well appointed accommodation, clean, living room could do with an update, bathrooms immaculate. Paul, Rating 5 out of 5, Feb 2015.
- Fantastic location (herd of deer passed our chalet every morning) situated on a good golf course surrounded by mountains, forests and rivers. Amazing walks through the site and still only a stonesthrow from Aviemore town centre. Short drive to Highland wildlife park which is a must see and a great base for skiers. Our chalet was beautiful inside and out with every facility catered for. Beautiful place in any season.
- We have been to Spey Valley Country Park, Aviemore in April 2010 and October 2010. Both times fantastic and we intent to book twice a year form the foreseeable future. My 5 year old son loves it and it is the first holiday we have all enjoyed so much that we do not want to come home. I cannot believe we spent so many years travelling abroad when Aviemore was right on our door step. The accommodation is fab, the grounds are gorgeous without being overcrowded by apartments. We are all so relaxed when at Spey Valley and the countryside is breathtaking. Each time we visit we have ran out of time as there as so many things to do. This time we went to feed the reindeer which my son thought was amazing. It is an easy 15 min walk and the views are lovely. Another fantastic place is Landmark Forest Adventure Park and swimming at the Aviemore Highland Resort. I cannot praise the Spey Valley and Aviemore enough. Roll on April 2011 when we return.
- We would definitely stay at Spey Valley again. The accommodation we stayed in was in a lovely setting next to a golf course, with sweeping views out to the Cairngorms - it was clean, warm and well equipped. It is possible to walk to Aviemore town centre from the resort, however it is a bit too far to walk routinely. There was loads to do with children (ours are boys aged 10, 11 and 13 years) around Aviemore and Rothiemurchus, so, a good base for an enjoyable family holiday.
Holiday Accommodation Summary (SC047) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 8 each
1 to 3
1 or 2
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm|