Coastal holidays in Scotland from Hoseasons - parks, lodges, cottages
Island View, Dunure, near Ayr, west coast Scotland - 4 en suite bedrooms, hot tub
Moray Firth Holidays, The Black Isle 4 bed cottage with sea views.
West Coast Cottage near Oban 4 bedrooms, sleeps up to 10
Lagnakeil Highland Lodges, Oban - 17 holiday lodges at Loch Feochan
Macdonald Hotels Scotland - luxury family friendly hotels
holiday cottages on the coast in scotland
- As a Mum of two boys myself, I know how much the boys love going to the beach even now they are that bit older. Whenever we are on holiday, we do like to stay near the coast, regardless of the weather - we invest in shortie wetsuits for the boys so they don't get too cold - and off we go for the day. Not only that, whilst we don't have a dog ourselves, I know a lot of people who holiday in Scotland purely on the basis that they can take the much loved family pet, there is nothing nicer than taking a long walk along the gorgeous Scottish coastline, so why not find somewhere to stay nearby?
- Below is a complete list of all our family friendly coastal holiday cottages in Scotland. Please click on the photo/description to link to that holiday cottage with more information. For other countries including England, Ireland, France, Cyprus and Wales please click on the country name.
- Finding Family Holidays in the UK Having trouble working out where to start? Finding the whole prospect of going on holiday with the kids daunting? Well we may just be able to help you...
- Why not try a holiday park this Summer? Part Two: Holiday Parks - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a static caravan.
- Why not try a holiday park this Summer? Part One: Holiday Lodges - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a log cabin
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
|Hoseasons Holidays all over Scotland - offering self catering cottages, boating holidays, holiday lodges & family friendly parks. They allow you to search by the feature "beach within 3 miles" for all of their accommodation making it just so easy - I have booked through them many times & can highly recommend them. Click the red heading title to go to their website for more information & online booking or best of all, telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|
|Island View, Dunure, near Ayr, west coast of Scotland - stunning 4 ensuite bedroom luxury beach house with stunning sea views across the Clyde & just 1 mile from the picturesque fishing village of Dunure with a pub serving food. A home cinema room & private hot tub makes these an extra special destination for a short break in Scotland all year round.|
|Tigh Na Mara, Fortrose, Moray Firth, Scotland- 4 bedroom holiday home to sleep up to 6 people with stunning views across the Moray Firth from where you can look out for the famous dolphins! Located right on the edge of the sea in the charming seaside town of Fortrose on the Black Isle. Close to Loch Ness, Cairngorm National Park, & all the facilities of Inverness.|
|Macdonald Hotels in Scotland - a small chain of 45 luxury family friendly hotels across the UK, many are based in Scotland or the south of England. Please note that Macdonald's "family fun" hotels signify that they are particularly child friendly. All hotels have full disabled access including both facilities & family bedrooms.|
|Coastal cottages in Scotland from Sykes - offering self catering holiday cottages all over Scotland with the option to search either 1/2, 1 mile, 2 miles or 5 miles from the sea. At last count, I found over 200 holiday cottages within 1 mile of the coast in Scotland so I am sure you will find somewhere for your perfect holiday on the Scottish coast. Click the red heading title to go to their website for more information & online booking or best of all, telephone 01244 352 241 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 9.30pm.|
|West Coast Holiday Cottage, near Oban - 4 bedroom holiday cottage that sleeps up to 10 set in a truly unique and unrivalled location. This beautiful Scottish land of mountains, lochs and islands can be experienced from the comfort of your sitting room in our luxury self catering holiday cottage situated close to the banks of Loch Feochan, on the west coast of Scotland. Pet friendly.|
|Lagnakeil Lodges near Oban, West Coast of Scotland - situated close to the banks of Loch Feochan, Scotland, with sea views. The self catering holiday chalets are nestled throughout seven acres of scenic wooded hillside in the peace and calm of Lerags Glen only three miles from Oban, "Gateway to the Isles" in Argyll, Scotland. Only a short walk up the glen, a Country Pub can be found serving fine home-cooked food and ales.|