macdonald hotels scotland - luxury family friendly hotels
Hotel Accommodation Summary (HO34)
|from 2 up
- Please note that I have been hearing reports that even though MacDonald hotels offers a best price guarantee, there have been instances when Recommended Family Holiday's users have reported better prices elsewhere, so just in case here are a few popular options for you to find the best possible place for your hotel stay in Scotland.
- Whether it's a traditional coaching inn overlooking a peaceful lake or a contemporary hotel in a bustling city centre, each of our 45 Macdonald Hotels across the UK has its very own individual charm and character. What's more, from Scotland to the South of England, each and every one is run by real hoteliers with the genuine passion and experience to make your stay the best it can be. Serious about our food, we make it our dedication to serving only the highest quality food that makes us different.
- Below is a list of the hotels in Scotland from Macdonald Hotels - click on the highlighted hotel name to go directly to the information for that particular family friendly hotel (click here to go to the England hotels). Please note that Macdonald's "family fun" hotels signify that they are particularly child friendly & that they offer a best rate guarantee scheme if you book with them directly:
Family Friendly Hotels in Scotland
- Hotels in Aberdeen: Macdonald Pittodrie House Hotel 4* - historic country house hotel with 27 luxury bedrooms, access to 2,400 acres & stunning views. Norwood Hall Hotel 4* - 19th century estate with 73 luxury bedrooms built on the site of Pitfodels Castle.
- Hotels in Aberfoyle, The Trossachs, Stirlingshire, Central Scotland: Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort 4* - 49 luxury bedrooms & 65 self-catering lodges with onsite activity centre, kids club & spa all with stunning views of Loch Ard. Classed as "family fun" hotel.
- Hotels in Aviemore, Scottish Highlands: Macdonald Aviemore Resort 4* - 4 hotels & 18 wooden lodges, luxury spa, championship golf course, leisure centre with pool & gym, 3D cinema, kids club & evening entertainment, stunning views of the Cairngorms. Classed as "family fun" hotel.
- Hotels in Edinburgh: Macdonald Holyrood Hotel 4* - 156 luxury bedrooms in the heart of the city centre in the Old Town of Edinburgh. Classed as "family fun" hotel. Macdonald Houstoun House Hotel 4* - country retreat just west of Edinburgh with indoor pool & award winning restaurant. Classed as "family fun" hotel. The Roxburghe Hotel 4* - luxury hotel in the heart of Edinburgh's New Town with indoor pool & spa.
- Hotels in Glasgow: Macdonald Crutherland House 4* - set just south of Glasgow in a peaceful countryside location with 18m swimming pool & spa. Classed as "family fun" hotel.
- Hotels in Inverness: New Drumossie Hotel 4* - a stunning location overlooking the Moray Firth, perfect for dolphin & seal watching yet just 10mins from Inverness centre.
- Hotels in North Berwick, East Scotland: Macdonald Marine Hotel & Spa 4* - situated on the East Coast of Scotland with stunning views, luxury spa & within easy access of 20 Championship golf courses. 30 mins away from Edinburgh & classed as "family fun" hotel.
- Hotels in Peebles: Macdonald Cardrona Golf & Country Club 4* - located just outside of Edinburgh with views over the Scottish Borders with spa & championship golf course.
- Hotels in Perthshire: Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel 4* - tranquil Highland retreat on the shore of Loch Rannoch with multiple indoor & outdoor activities including pool. Classed as "family fun" hotel, pet friendly.
- Hotels in St Andrews: Macdonald Rusacks Hotel 4* - overlooking the world's most famous golf course & in a seaside setting with award winning restaurant. Pet friendly hotel.
- Hotels in Stirling: Macdonald Inchyra Grange Hotel 4* - impressive, traditional Scottish Manor set in 44 acres in Central Scotland with spa. Classed as "family fun" hotel.
Useful blog postings for holidays in Scotland
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
reviews made directly to recommended family holidays
- Please send us a review of these family friendly hotels in Scotland by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".