Crieff Hydro Hotel & Cottages, Perthshire 60+ activities, free childcare.
Strathyre Lodges, nr Stirling - 2-3 bed luxury self catering, hot tub, lochside, disabled accessible
Piperdam Lodges, Dundee - 1-6 bed luxury holiday lodges, pool, hot tubs
Macdonald Hotels Scotland - luxury family friendly hotels
Disabled accessible holidays in Scotland from Hoseasons
holiday cottages with disabled & wheelchair access in scotland
- Below is a list of all our self catering holiday accommodation that is wheelchair accessible or disabled friendly in Scotland. Being a wheelchair user myself, I know how hard it can be to find a holiday so I really have done my very best to give you as many choices as possible. Of course, all of our needs are different so I would suggest that you contact the owner prior to completing the booking process just to make certain that the holiday accommodation is suitable for you.
- Recommended Family Holidays works both directly with owners of holiday cottages in the UK and Europe, but also with a number of reputable and regulated travel companies. Therefore I have also included a number of partners that I work with and have found from my own experience that they too are able to offer accessible holidays. Please remember that if you like what these partners have to offer, please may I ask that you book online if at all possible? That way, I receive a small commission which allows me to continue offering people like you, great holidays. Thank you.
- Alternatively, if you are looking in the UK and you would like to discuss your requirements over the telephone, might I suggest you give my award winning holiday partner, Sykes Cottages, a call on 01244 352 241 – they are open from 9am to 9.30pm every day & are always happy to just offer advice or take bookings if they can find somewhere you like. Click the following red links for cottages in different countries: Ireland, Wales, England & France:
- Finding Family Holidays in the UK Having trouble working out where to start? Finding the whole prospect of going on holiday with the kids daunting? Well we may just be able to help you...
- Why not try a holiday park this Summer? Part Two: Holiday Parks - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a static caravan.
- Why not try a holiday park this Summer? Part One: Holiday Lodges - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a log cabin
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
|Hoseasons Holidays all over Scotland - offering self catering cottages, boating holidays, holiday lodges & family friendly parks. They allow you to search by "disabled access" for all their holidays & therefore they are one of the best companies if you are looking to holiday in the UK - I have booked through them many times & can highly recommend them. Click the red heading title to go to their website for more information & online booking or best of all, telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm - that way you can make sure your accommodation is perfect for what ever accessibility needs you require (Message from Lucilla, the website editor: I always call them as I use a wheelchair & they are a great help)|
|Crieff Hydro Hotel & Cottages, Perthshire, Scotland - superb family friendly hotel in Scotland with free daily childcare & over 60 onsite activities including pony rides, swimming, archery, quad biking, mountain biking etc. Accommodation is either in luxury family bedrooms or good value self catering cottages. BEST PRICE GUARANTEED so you won't find cheaper! Fully inspected accessible|
|Strathyre Lodges, Callander, near Stirling, central Scotland - set amongst the scenic lochs & mountains of the Trossachs, these family friendly holiday lodges have numerous onsite activities for the whole family. The 2 bedroom Copper Beech cabin sleeps up to 4 people & is fully wheelchair friendly including wet room & lowered work surfaces in the kitchen. Telephone 0345 498 6602 to ensure we can meet all your needs for a perfect accessible holiday.|
|Piperdam Lodges, near Dundee, eastern Scotland - 1-6 bedroom self catering holiday lodges on a 500 acre site with numerous activities for all ages. Onsite there is an indoor heated swimming pool, spa, gym, 18 hole golf course next to the loch, quad biking, 4x4 safari, archery to name just a few things. The luxury accommodation is well equipped, many have private hot tubs & saunas. There are disabled accessible lodges but please telephone 0345 498 6602 to ensure we can meet all your needs.|
|Macdonald Hotels in Scotland - a small chain of 45 luxury family friendly hotels across the UK, many are based in Scotland or the south of England. Please note that Macdonald's "family fun" hotels signify that they are particularly child friendly. All hotels have full disabled access including both facilities & family bedrooms.|