Crieff Hydro Hotel & Cottages, Perthshire 60+ activities, free childcare.
Piperdam Lodges, Dundee - 1-6 bed luxury holiday lodges, pool, hot tubs
Island View, near Ayr, west coast Scotland - 4 en suite beds, hot tub, sea views
Strathyre Lodges, nr Stirling - 2-3 bed luxury self catering, hot tub, lochside, disabled accessible
Macdonald Hotels Scotland - luxury family friendly hotels
Lochgoilhead Lodges, Argyll - 2 & 3 bed lochside accommodation, pool
Muirhall Holiday Cottages, Lanarkshire, Central Scotland - 4 cottages of 1-2 beds each
Spey Valley Country Club, Aviemore - 1-3 bed accommodation, golf, indoor pool
Large group holidays in Scotland from Hoseasons - parks, lodges, cottages
Lagnakeil Highland Lodges, Oban - 17 holiday lodges at Loch Feochan
West Coast Cottage near Oban 4 bedrooms, sleeps up to 10
large holiday homes in scotland
- Often people like to get together in large groups for short breaks & holidays in the UK, and Scotland is no exception. Finding the right sort of accommodation to suit everyone, both young & old, in that group can be difficult. Not to mention that you want everyone to have a great time, you also don't want it to become a chore when it should be a family celebration for example. So I've come up with a few ideas for you ranging from single 4 en suite bedroom cottages right up to resorts with numerous accommodation options onsite. Hopefully this should make it a whole lot easier next time you are asked to look for large group holiday homes in Scotland!
- Below is a complete list of all our family friendly holiday cottages in Scotland that can cater for large group holidays. Please click on the photo/description to link to that holiday cottage with more information. For other countries including England, Wales, Ireland and France please click on the country name.
- Finding Family Holidays in the UK Having trouble working out where to start? Finding the whole prospect of going on holiday with the kids daunting? Well we may just be able to help you...
- Why not try a holiday park this Summer? Part Two: Holiday Parks - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a static caravan.
- Why not try a holiday park this Summer? Part One: Holiday Lodges - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a log cabin
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
|Island View, Dunure, near Ayr, west coast of Scotland - stunning 4 ensuite bedroom luxury beach house with stunning sea views across the Clyde & just 1 mile from the picturesque fishing village of Dunure with a pub serving food. A home cinema room & private hot tub makes these an extra special destination for a short break in Scotland all year round.|
|Large holiday homes in Scotland from Sykes Cottages - offering self catering holiday cottages all over Scotland with the option to search for large groups - I think there is one place that sleeps over 20 people in a single holiday home so I'm sure there must be something for your group getaway. Click the red heading title to go to their website for more information & online booking or best of all, telephone 01244 352 241 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 9.30pm.|
|Crieff Hydro Hotel & Resort, Perthshire, Scotland - superb family friendly hotel in Scotland with free daily childcare & over 60 onsite activities including pony rides, swimming, archery, quad biking, mountain biking etc. Accommodation is either in luxury family bedrooms or good value self catering cottages. BEST PRICE GUARANTEED so you won't find cheaper! Fully inspected accessible|
|Piperdam Lodges, near Dundee, eastern Scotland - 1-6 bedroom self catering holiday lodges on a 500 acre site with numerous activities for all ages. Onsite there is an indoor heated swimming pool, spa, gym, 18 hole golf course next to the loch, quad biking, 4x4 safari, archery to name just a few things. The luxury accommodation is well equipped, many have private hot tubs & saunas. In addition there is disabled accessible lodges too. Comes highly recommended for your next family holiday.|
|Lochgoilhead Holiday Lodges, Argyll, western Scotland - stunning lochside location for these beautiful lodges, many with private hot tubs & great value caravans. Numerous family friendly onsite activities including quad biking, fishing, cycling, indoor swimming pool & soft play. Superb choice for a relaxing break in a remote yet fantastic location.|
|Strathyre Lodges, Callander, near Stirling, central Scotland - set amongst the scenic lochs & mountains of the Trossachs, these family friendly holiday lodges have numerous onsite activities for the whole family. Many of the lodges have their own private hot tub & there is also a fully wheelchair accessible lodge too. The lodges have up to 3 bedrooms each & therefore for larger group holidays, you can also ask for neighbouring accommodation.|
|Muirhall Holiday Cottages, Auchengray, Lanarkshire, Central Scotland- 4 luxury self catering holiday cottages, 5* rated by Visit Scotland & in the perfect central location for a base to explore both Edinburgh & Glasgow, not to mention everywhere in between! Each sensitiviely converted 200 year old building has 1-2 bedrooms, so not a large holiday home, however perfect for a large group who wants their own space if you book each cottage together. Pet friendly too!|
|Spey Valley Country Club, near Aviemore, Cairngorms, Scottish Highlands - in a stunning setting with superb Highland views surrounded by a Championship golf course. With indoor pool, squash, badminton, restaurant onsite what more could you need on your holiday in the Cairngorms? Accommodation is in apartments & villas sleeping up to 8 people each.|
|Hoseasons Holidays all over Scotland - offering self catering cottages, boating holidays, holiday lodges & family friendly parks. You can search on numerous features such as hot tubs, pool, location etc. & they also offer plenty of holiday lodges that can be found on the same site if a group of you want to holiday together yet still have your own space. Click the red heading title to go to their website for more information & online booking or best of all, telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|
|Macdonald Hotels in Scotland - a small chain of 45 luxury family friendly hotels across the UK, many are based in Scotland or the south of England. Please note that Macdonald's "family fun" hotels signify that they are particularly child friendly. All hotels have full disabled access including both facilities & family bedrooms. Some also welcome pets.|
|West Coast Holiday Cottage near Oban - 4 bedroom holiday cottage that sleeps up to 10 set in a truly unique and unrivalled location. This beautiful Scottish land of mountains, lochs and islands can be experienced from the comfort of your sitting room in our luxury self catering holiday cottage situated close to the banks of Loch Feochan, on the west coast of Scotland. Pet friendly.|
|Lagnakeil Lodges near Oban, West Coast of Scotland - situated close to the banks of Loch Feochan, Scotland, with sea views. The self catering holiday chalets are nestled throughout seven acres of scenic wooded hillside in the peace and calm of Lerags Glen only three miles from Oban, "Gateway to the Isles" in Argyll, Scotland. Only a short walk up the glen, a Country Pub can be found serving fine home-cooked food and ales. Whilst the lodges are not large, combine 1 or 2 for group holidays.|