4* rated luxury Crieff Hydro Hotel Resort & Spa
60 onsite activities available to keep you all busy
Childcare is FREE for 2-12 year olds
Family bedrooms in this 4* rated hotel
Quad pods - whatever the age, we have an activity to suit
Quad biking - one of the more high energy activities!
Horse riding through stunning local countryside
Prefer self catering? We offer that too
Early dining for the kids so you can have a romantic meal for once
Family bedroom but we also have cheaper, self catering options
Adults only spa - relax whilst your kids are being looked after for FREE
Discover Crieff Hydro Hotel, a well kept secret, not to be missed
crieff hydro hotel & self catering accommodation, perthshire, scotland
- Offer of the month: overnight stay in a 4* room, full Scottish breakfast, FREE leisure pool, gym, cinema, daily entertainment & daily childcare for 2-12 year olds - and yes, I did say all that was FREE! All at the bargain price of just £44.50 per adult per night.
- Crieff Hydro Hotel, an experience to embrace. Located in the charming market town of Crieff in Perthshire, Crieff Hydro offers a family friendly holiday that's only one hour from both Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- Crieff Hydro sits within a 900 acre estate that is home to the hotel, 55 self-catering cottages, seven places to eat and over 60 indoor and outdoor activities. You can also savour the enchanting Scottish scenery and local tourist attractions with country markets, safari parks, historic landmarks and more all within reach.
- Crieff Hydro offers the perfect choice for short breaks, weekend breaks, self-catering and family holidays. All those that stay at the resort can enjoy inclusive access to the leisure pool, gym, cinema and daily entertainment programme and younger guests can go along to BIG Country, a fully registered kids club offering 6 hours of FREE childcare for 2-12 year olds.
- Mum and dad can also enjoy some 'me time' when relaxing in the spa, experiencing a round of golf on Culcrieff golf course or simply enjoying a meal without the kids in one of the secen on-site eateries.
- Over 60 onsite activities are available at this family friendly hotel in Scotland including: archery, badminton, pony rides, cinema, gym, golf, adventure playground, quad biking, mountain biking, squash, swimming, indoor play, tennis, boat hire and woodland walks
- Accommodation includes single and double rooms, family rooms and interconnecting rooms in this luxury hotel, as well as self-catering accommodation. Babies and toddlers have also been considered with stair gates, cots and more available. A stay at Crieff Hydro is an experience worthy of mention on everyones 'to do' list.
- Standard bedrooms with lovely bathrooms, fresh decor. Ideal for singles or couples.
- Executive bedrooms, ideal for singles & couples who would like a bit of extra space.
- Signature bedrooms, ultimate luxury bedrooms
- Family rooms - perfect for young families with a double & single bed to sleep up to 3
- Family suites & studios – option to have a separate rooms for the parents & children, sleeping 4-6 people
- Self catering holiday accommodation - 5 star luxury cottages with 1-6 bedrooms or 3 star cozy cabins real value for money with 2 bedrooms and sleeping up to 4.
- Big Country Kids Club: Your 2-12 year olds will love the friends and fun at BIG Country. And you'll love the fact that two three-hour sessions a day are included in your room rate, even for self-catering guests. We take family holidays in Scotland seriously. So our incredible child care facility is far more than just a kids' club. It's packed with every activity you can think of. One session they'll be exploring the indoor castle; the next they're out discovering local wildlife. There's always something new to keep them busy. And rest assured - BIG Country is brilliantly supervised by our highly trained, disclosure checked team. It's the sort of approach you should expect at a family friendly hotel.
- Big Country Creche: suitable from the under 2s at a small additional charge.
- Hotel and room disabled access: The main hotel meets Visit Scotland's Grade 3 accessibility standards with drop off parking, 4 internal lifts with access to all our rooms & leisure facilities. Adapted ground-floor bedrooms are situated close to a private, wheelchair-accessible bathroom, and we also offer a choice of accessible family accommodation.
- Self-catering disabled access: Located next to the main hotel near the Golf Course, Abercairney Cottage is five-star self-catering holiday cottage that meets Visit Scotland's Grade 1 accessibility standards. Wheelchair users have comfortable access to all public spaces, including the open-plan living area and outdoor deck. There is one wheelchair-accessible en-suite bedroom, with a hoist to aid travel from bed to bathroom.
- Dining access: All of our restaurants and dining areas are spacious and offer good manoeuvrability. Each can be easily accessed via our wheelchair lifts and has specifically-adapted toilet facilities nearby.
- Finding Family Holidays in the UK Having trouble working out where to start? Finding the whole prospect of going on holiday with the kids daunting? Well we may just be able to help you... Published 9 June 2014
- Why not try a holiday park in Summer 2014? Part Two: Holiday Parks - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a static caravan at Camber Sands near Hastings on the south coast of England. Published 24 Jan 2014
- Why not try a holiday park in Summer 2014? Part One: Holiday Lodges - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a log cabin on Darwin Forest Holiday Park in the Peak District. Published 14 Jan 2014
- Click here to read other articles in our holiday blog.
- Please send us a review of this luxury family friendly villa in Cyprus by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
5 family holiday recommendations, average rating 5 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 5 out of 5
- Perfect family holiday, completely relaxing yet loads to do. Ideal hotel for that transition from being just 2 adults to 3 of us. Thank you. Rating 5 out of 5, Paul, received Feb 2013.
- We were amazed with the huge number of activities, childcare & lovely holiday accommodation - completely ideal for families as there is enough to keep everyone happy. Would recommend to anyone - we went on a short break so excellent value for money. Rating 5 out of 5, Mary, received Feb 2013.
- What an absolute joy! We had a short break at this luxury family friendly hotel & loved it. Excellent choice of activities & the whole family just loved it. We also loved the free kids club - we didn't use it for the full 6 hours but if we wanted to pop to the spa or a quiet dinner in the evening without the children it really suited us. The location as well is perfect - we didn't realise how beautiful Perthshire & the surroundings were - we wouldn't consider going anywhere else for another holiday in Scotland. Rating 5 out of 5, Fiona & Jason (+ 3 kids), received Jan 2013.
- We stayed in the self catering holiday cottages which suited us better but was also really good value. The onsite activities were great fun & pretty much catered for whatever you wanted to get up to. Highly recommended. Rating 5 out of 5, Jane, received Dec 2012.
- We loved it - family of 3 & I just really needed a break so perfect - our 5 year old loved the creche & as it came free was a great bonus for us. Perfect relaxing, luxury holiday, would go again. Rating 5 out of 5, Emma, received Dec 2012.
Hotel & Self Catering Accommodation Summary SC036 (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities|
|from 2 up||family rooms or self catering options||1 up||
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you. Best rate guarantee for online bookings|