Luxury self catering holidays at Strathyre
Golden Oak lounge - 2 or 4 beds
Private hot tubs for the whole family
Silver Birch lodge with private hot tub
Copper Beech cabins
Self catering holidays in a woodland setting
Luxury family holidays in Scotland
Luxury holidays on the edge of the loch
Pet friendly self catering holidays near Stirling
Activities onsite include archery
Or try canoing on the loch
Or how about fly fishing?
strathyre lodges, callander, near stirling, central scotland
- Strathyre is situated amongst the scenic lochs and mountains of the Trossachs, overlooked by the majestic Ben Ledi. The luxury self catering cottages or lodges as some call them are nestled between the heart of the forest and the banks of Loch Lubnaig. You are surrounded by breathtaking views that are a paradise for lovers of nature and those looking for a truly relaxing break in Scotland.
- There are only 35 well spaced luxury forest cabins onsite, many of which have their own private hot tubs, along the shores of the loch. At the heart of the site is the Forest Retreat where you can book activities, hire bikes or enjoy the children's play area. You can also enjoy freshly cooked meals and snacks in the cafe if you don't fancy self catering or have a drink at the bar or even stock up on essentials at our onsite shop.
- Our location, close to Stirling and yet only 39 miles from Glasgow makes this the ideal spot for a short break. However, if you have more time there are an abundance of activities on offer. Such as mountain climbing, forest walks, fishing, canoeing, shopping and sightseeing. Alternatively you might want to join our ranger led walks & activities where we can introduce all age groups to a world of woodland secrets such as how to identify animal tracks; take a dusk expedition, or head off and explore the forest by night, using Night Vision glasses.
- For those cyclists out there, including my own children, nothing beats the feeling of freedom (and getting muddy) on a cycle trail through the forest. You could chose a more sedate family day out & find a beautiful secluded spot for a picnic or you could go on a high adrenalin mountain bike challenge through demanding forest terrain. Either way, you don't need to bring your own bikes as its available onsite - including child bikes, tag-alongs, trailers and child seats, and of course helmets.
- Shop and coffee lounge
- Canoeing* and paddle boarding*
- Forest walks, cycle trails and nature trails
- Ranger-led walks and activities*
- Segway safari*
- Children's play area
- Hill walking
- Mountain bike hire*
- Air rifle shooting*
- *Charges apply. All facilities available for all dates.
- Golden Oak Cabin 2 (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms, hot tub): The highest luxury lodge with first floor master double with ensuite bathroom complete with fluffy robes and one twin and shower downstairs. Log burning stove in the spacious living area. Decking with outdoor hot tub.
- Golden Oak Cabin 3 (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms, hot tub): Top quality self catering holiday lodge with first floor master double with ensuite bathroom and two twin and shower downstairs. Log burning stove. Bathrobes in master bedroom. Decking with outdoor hot tub.
- Silver Birch 2 (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms, hot tub): Luxurious and exclusive lodge with one double with ensuite shower and one twin. Shower. Decking with outdoor hot tub. Perfect for romantic breaks and special occasions.
- Silver Birch 3 (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms, hot tub): Perfect for family breaks and special occasions. An inviting private outdoor hot tub on your own decking, a comfortable, en-suite master bedroom with shower & 2 further twin bedrooms, and high-spec fittings, the Silver Birch cabin is a great choice for your forest break.
- Copper Beech Cabin 2 (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms, great value): Expect all the style and comfort of our other cabins just without a hot tub. Spacious lodge with a modern open plan living area, outdoor decking and flat screen TV, one master en suite bedroom, a further twin bedroom & separate shower room. The Copper Beech offers the comforts of home.
- Copper Beech Cabin (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms, wheelchair friendly): Spacious lodge with one double with ensuite WC and one twin. Wet room. Lowered work surfaces. Suitable for parties including visitors with partial disabilities – please check when booking by giving us a call on 0345 498 6602
- Finding Family Holidays in the UK Having trouble working out where to start? Finding the whole prospect of going on holiday with the kids daunting? Well we may just be able to help you...
- Why not try a holiday park this Summer? Part Two: Holiday Parks - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a static caravan.
- Why not try a holiday park this Summer? Part One: Holiday Lodges - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a log cabin
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
- Please send us a review of these luxury self catering holidays with hot tub near Stirling in Scotland by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- We don't as yet have any independent reviews directly to me at Recommended Family Holidays, however I do have a huge number of favourable reviews I can show you in the section below from other sites to help make your mind up about whether this should be on your list for your next family holiday. Message from the editor, Lucilla, mum to 2 boys
- We had a lovely holiday at the Strathyre Forest Lodges. The lodges were ideal and in a beautiful location and were clean, comfortable and well equipped. We loved the hot tub! The surrounding countryside was perfect for long walks with the dog and we had a great time. Rosemary, Rating 5 out of 5, Sep 2015
- We had the most amazing week at Strathyre Forest Cabins, we arrived at check in at 4pm and had pre-ordered the pizza pack and breakfast pack. The hot tub was ready as soon as we got to our cabin, the cabin was stunning and pizza delivered at our pre-ordered time of 6:30pm which was great after our long drive from West Yorkshire. We did archery and forest skills with Jack Black McGregor who is an amazing addtion to this particular Forest Park. Staff helpfull, hot tub cleaned daily. We saw wild deer and one night while relaxing in the hot tub after a walk up Ben Ledi we saw two Golden Eagles fly all the way down the valley. Beautifull views, friendly staff, it was a perfect break (we stayed for 1 week) I miss it already. Cindy, Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- Great time, lovely views and very friendly people , the village of Callander is excellent and the restaurants provide good value for money. The cabins are very clean and tidy and well prepared. When we arrived the cabin had a really clean smell of bleach which tells you that it is clean. Oh and the hot tub is great too especially for the kids. Joanne, Rating 4 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- Couldn't fault the place, even when they had to shut the power off for the day, they provided us with extra water and to compensate a movie channel for the whole week. Would not hesitate going back and the dog loved it. Katrina, Rating 5 out of 5, Jun 2015.
- A wonderful relaxing experience. Accommodation superb - items missing were quickly replaced by staff. Surroundings amazing. Good location for walking/cycling. Hot tub superb! Did not want to go home. Andrew, Rating 5 out of 5, May 2015.
- Everything was perfect as was last year apart from a few minor changes. We came expecting a dvd player and logs being readily available but was disappointed as there was no dvd player and no logs for the log burner on site. In addition to this the log burner was damp leading to difficulty igniting the logs we purchased from elsewhere. Also we feel that the price per movie or movie/wifi access for the week was rather expensive. All told these are just minor blemishes and did not spoil what is a perfect break in a perfect location. Michelle, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Apr 2015.
- Absolutely loved this location, cabin and facilities. Hot tub was such a luxury when the weather was a bit of a let down. Definitely will be going back for the walks and relaxtion. Suzanne, Rating 5 out of 5, Mar 2015.
- The cabin was lovely and the hot tub was fab, however, there were one or 2 small things that took it down from a 10 for all. There was no freezer compartment in the fridge, no DVD player and no Wi Fi. Though if I went again I could take this into consideration and request a freezer, as some cabins had them I was informed, take a DVD player with me. And in this day and age Wi Fi should be included. Dorothea, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Feb 2015.
- We stayed in the golden oak lodges, they are very clean and well kept. Only issue we had was the hot water, there was 4 adults staying in our lodge and the hot water would only last for 2 showers. Everything else was perfect. Amazing hot tub and log fire just put the icing on the cake. Would recommend to anyone for a quiet get away or a family outdoor holiday. Holly, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Jan 2015.
- Had a fantastic time over New Year which was made extra special by all the little touches provided by the staff, such as the piper on arrival, the gift on New Years Eve and the surprise hamper :) Lovely experience enjoyed by our whole party! Kirsty, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Jan 2015.
- Lovely lodge with bonus of hot tub and log burner, without these would have been just an ordinary holiday. I believe they are renovating the lodges this year, there was a couple of snags which I'm sure will be sorted with the refurbishment. Lovely forest area, nice walks just a bit wet when we were there so opted for sitting by log fire and enjoying hot tub. Very quiet, even on new years eve ! Ann, Rating 4 out of 5, Jan 2015.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (SC038) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6 each
|Not yet but super reviews||Short breaks & from £355/wk|
|Click to visit our partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm|