Crieff Hydro Hotel & Cottages, Perthshire 60+ activities, free childcare.
Muirhall Cottages, Lanarkshire - four 5* rated luxury cottages, 1 & 2 beds
Piperdam Lodges, Dundee - 1-6 bed luxury holiday lodges, pool, hot tubs
Macdonald Hotels Scotland - luxury family friendly hotels
Island View, near Ayr, west coast Scotland - 4 en suite beds, hot tub, sea views
Lochgoilhead Lodges, Argyll - 2 & 3 bed lochside accommodation, pool
Strathyre Lodges, nr Stirling - 2-3 bed luxury self catering, hot tub, lochside, disabled accessible
Pet friendly holidays in Scotland from Hoseasons - parks, lodges, cottages
West Coast Cottage near Oban 4 bedrooms, sleeps up to 10
Spey Valley Country Club, Aviemore - 1-3 bed accommodation, golf, indoor pool
Lagnakeil Highland Lodges, Oban - 17 holiday lodges at Loch Feochan
pet friendly holiday accommodation in scotland
- Taking your pets on holiday requires meticulous planning but for many owners it isn't a proper holiday without bringing your pets - it is just finding accommodation that welcomes pets that is the real problem! Perhaps choosing pet friendly accommodation in Scotland might be a good idea - not too far to travel, stunning scenery & plenty of outdoor space for your pets to enjoy. Many accommodation owners do not want pets because of the smells & increased cleaning cost of visitors bringing their pets with them. Couple this with a small number of irresponsible dog owners who spoil it for everybody else, it can be difficult to find pet friendly accommodation. Cottages, lodges & parks that accept pets often have a restriction on the number of dogs you are allowed to take so this is certainly something that you need to think about prior to booking if you have more than one pet. Other accommodation owners will only allow pets at certain times of year i.e. outside peak season - this is so that dogs don't frighten their largely "family orientated" clientele at this time of year. Generally speaking though, Scotland is a pet friendly nation so there is plenty of holiday accommodation that welcomes dogs.
- Here at Recommended Family Holidays, we have come up with a complete list of our all pet friendly accommodation in Scotland to try to make the task a little easier for you. For other countries click on one of the following country names France, Wales, Ireland and England.
- Finding Family Holidays in the UK Having trouble working out where to start? Finding the whole prospect of going on holiday with the kids daunting? Well we may just be able to help you...
- Why not try a holiday park this Summer? Part Two: Holiday Parks - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a static caravan.
- Why not try a holiday park this Summer? Part One: Holiday Lodges - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a log cabin
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
|Muirhall Holiday Cottages, Auchengray, Lanarkshire, Central Scotland- 4 luxury self catering holiday cottages, 5* rated by Visit Scotland & in the perfect central location for a base to explore both Edinburgh & Glasgow, not to mention everywhere in between! Each sensitiviely converted 200 year old building has 1-2 bedrooms, so not a large holiday home, however perfect for a large group who wants their own space if you book each cottage together. Pet friendly too!|
|Island View, Dunure, near Ayr, west coast of Scotland - stunning 4 ensuite bedroom luxury beach house with stunning sea views across the Clyde & just 1 mile from the picturesque fishing village of Dunure with a pub serving food. A home cinema room & private hot tub makes these an extra special destination for a short break in Scotland all year round.|
|Pet friendly holiday cottages in Scotland from Sykes - offering self catering holiday cottages all over Scotland with the option to search for acommodation with or without pets. At last count there were well over 350 options! Click the red heading title to go to their website for more information & online booking or best of all, telephone 01244 352 241 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 9.30pm.|
|Crieff Hydro Hotel & Resort, Perthshire, Scotland - superb family friendly hotel in Scotland with free daily childcare & over 60 onsite activities including pony rides, swimming, archery, quad biking, mountain biking etc. Accommodation is either in luxury family bedrooms or good value self catering cottages. BEST PRICE GUARANTEED so you won't find cheaper! Fully inspected accessible|
|Strathyre Lodges, Callander, near Stirling, central Scotland - set amongst the scenic lochs & mountains of the Trossachs, these family & pet friendly holiday lodges have numerous onsite activities for the whole family. Many of the lodges have their own private hot tub & there is also a fully wheelchair accessible lodge too. The lodges have up to 3 bedrooms each & therefore for larger group holidays. Superb location for dog walking as its secluded yet surrounded by breathtaking scenery.|
|Piperdam Lodges, near Dundee, eastern Scotland - 1-6 bedroom self catering holiday lodges on a 500 acre site with numerous activities for all ages. Onsite there is an indoor heated swimming pool, spa, gym, 18 hole golf course next to the loch, quad biking, 4x4 safari, archery to name just a few things. The luxury accommodation is well equipped, many have private hot tubs & saunas. In addition there is disabled accessible lodges too. Comes highly recommended for your next family holiday.|
|Lochgoilhead Holiday Lodges, Argyll, western Scotland - stunning lochside location for these beautiful lodges, many with private hot tubs & great value caravans that are pet friendly. Numerous family friendly onsite activities including quad biking, fishing, cycling, indoor swimming pool & soft play. Superb choice for a relaxing break in a remote yet fantastic location.|
|Macdonald Hotels in Scotland - a small chain of 45 luxury family friendly hotels across the UK, many are based in Scotland or the south of England. Please note that Macdonald's "family fun" hotels signify that they are particularly child friendly. All hotels have full disabled access including both facilities & family bedrooms. Many of the hotels welcome pets.|
|Spey Valley Country Club, near Aviemore, Cairngorms, Scottish Highlands - in a stunning setting with superb Highland views surrounded by a Championship golf course. With indoor pool, squash, badminton, restaurant onsite what more could you need on your holiday in the Cairngorms? Accommodation is in apartments & villas sleeping up to 8 people each, all welcome pets.|
|Hoseasons Holidays all over Scotland - offering self catering cottages, boating holidays, holiday lodges & family friendly parks. You can search on numerous features including from 0 up to 3 pets making it particularly easy to find a holiday if you have more than 1 dog. Click the red heading title to go to their website for more information & online booking or best of all, telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|
|West Coast Holiday Cottage, near Oban - 4 bedroom holiday cottage that sleeps up to 10 set in a truly unique and unrivalled location. This beautiful Scottish land of mountains, lochs and islands can be experienced from the comfort of your sitting room in our luxury self catering holiday cottage situated close to the banks of Loch Feochan, on the west coast of Scotland. Pet friendly.|
|Lagnakeil Lodges near Oban, West Coast of Scotland - situated close to the banks of Loch Feochan, Scotland, with sea views. The self catering holiday chalets are nestled throughout seven acres of scenic wooded hillside in the peace and calm of Lerags Glen only three miles from Oban, "Gateway to the Isles" in Argyll, Scotland. Only a short walk up the glen, a Country Pub can be found serving fine home-cooked food and ales. Pets are welcome at these holiday lodges.|