wales holiday cottages, parks, lodges & hotel accommodation
- Wales offers a great option for your family holiday. Enjoy the beaches, the valleys or the hills. Wherever you go on holiday in Wales mean you are never far from the mountains or the sea so it should certainly find something that will suit your whole family. But why choose my website to find your next amazing family holiday? Here are just a few reasons.
- WE ONLY HAVE FAMILY FRIENDLY ACCOMMODATION all of which will give you & your family a very warm welcome.
- A HUGE CHOICE OF PLACES TO STAY, not only by location but also by type - cottages, apartments, lodges, hotels or parks - so basically I offer you a ONE STOP SHOP, at last a website that makes finding your holiday easy.
- TRUST and SECURITY is VITAL FOR YOU & ME, so for some holidays, you book directly with the owner OR for others I have teamed up with reputable businesses and you book online directly with them - all of them are ABTA or ATOL members so they are fully trustworthy allowing you peace of mind.
- RECOMMENDED HOLIDAYS BY OTHER FAMILIES who have been there and experienced them - as a mum myself I know that the best holidays we have been on are those that have been recommended by likeminded people.
- BEST PRICE GUARANTEES are offered by many of my partner companies so you won't find yourself paying more than anyone else if you book elsewhere. You, too can ALWAYS pay the lowest possible price.
- TELEPHONE 01244 352241 If you are looking for advice or to book a UK holiday then I have teamed up with another operator who have their own call centre to provide you with this service - lines open until 9.30pm every single day! Bookings made directly with owners are completed via the online forms on each property page or by clicking through to the owners' website from their property page
- HOLIDAY SEARCH find your accommodation using the search box on the left; clicking on the holiday collections or property name on the left; reviewing the table summary showing the features of each property below; or via the interactive map below
- IF ALL ELSE FAILS then I am more than happy to help! if you provide me with as many details as possible including where, when, budget & any other requirements by completing the form at the bottom of the page. This is a FREE service - but bear with me as I work for myself so will do my best to get back to you as soon as I am able
- Pembrokeshire in South West Wales is such a popular holiday destination, I have separated it out into its own are - click here for holiday cottages in Pembrokeshire with its relaxed way of life, with stunning beaches and gorgeous scenery. For the holiday visitors there are many places to visit including walking around the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, family friendly cycle tracks for example from Saundersfoot to Stepaside, so many beaches that you will always find a quiet one, numerous castles and plenty of adventure activities including coasteering, surfing, Oakwood theme park, quad biking and the Tree Tops adventure trail at Heatherton. We can also recommend Folly Farm for the younger children with both animals, play areas and old-fashioned fairground rides.
- We also offer cottages in many other regions of Wales such as the Brecon Beacons or discover the coastline or the castles, then head for Mid Wales with the beautiful regions of Powys and Dyfed - Ceredigion, Carmarthenshire and Powys. North Wales is dominated by the Snowdonia National Park! North Wales covers the regions of Clywd and Gwynedd - Wrexham, Flintshire, Denbighshire, Conwy, Gwynedd and the Isle of Anglesey.
- All of the holiday accommodation that we offer you is family friendly. Cottages, parks, lodges, hotels & self catering apartments have services such as babysitting, kids club, baby equipment, DVD players, games rooms and swimming pools to keep all of the children occupied whilst you enjoy your holiday too!
- If you have any self catering holiday cottages to recommend in Wales then please click on "Make a Holiday Cottage Recommendation" to send us a review, or if you would like to advertise your own property as a family holiday destination then please click on "List my holiday accommodation on Recommended Family Holidays".
- PS. Here are my latest & hopefully useful blog postings that are relevant to finding Welsh holiday accommodation:
- Is Pembrokeshire the secret family holiday destination in the UK that we have all missed? Perhaps it is not so secret now but certainly it is a great alternative to Cornwall - find out why. Family holidays in Pembrokeshire are hard to beat- there is something for everyone. Oakwood theme park, Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, Blue Lagoon at Bluestone, Folly Farm, Caldey Island ... are you hooked yet? Then read on by clicking here... .
- Searching for a holiday in Wales for this summer with a pool Are you too, looking for this type of holiday? Here were my suggestions to a Mum who recently asked this question. My answer covered a Tenby apartment with sea views, Bay View Resort with indoor pool & a children's adventure playground, plus, the ultimate in family friendly, Bluestone Wales.
- Finding Family Holidays in the UK Having trouble working out where to start? Finding the whole prospect of going on holiday with the kids daunting? Well we may just be able to help you...
- Why not try a holiday park this Summer? Part Two: Holiday Parks - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a static caravan.
- Why not try a holiday park this Summer? Part One: Holiday Lodges - an article to dispel the myths of holiday parks using my family's experience of our first holiday staying in a log cabin
- Click here to read other articles in my holiday blog.
Recommended regions to visit on your family holiday in Wales
welsh holiday accommodation in photos:
Clydey Holiday Cottages - award winning, 5*, pool, play
Bluestone Wales- luxury lodges & cottages with pool & sports
Gwalia Falls, Cardigan Coast - 2-3 beds, stunning sea views
Penrhos Park, Aberystwyth: 2-3 bed lodges & caravans, pool, hot tub, golf
Celtic Manor Resort Hotel, Newport luxury family friendly hotel
Lane Cottage, Llandrindod Wells 5 bed pet friendly cottage
Croft Farm Holiday Cottages - 2-4 beds, pool, animal feeding
Gwynfryn Farm Cottages, North Wales 1-4 bed cottages, pool, tennis, animals.
Asheston Eco Barns - five luxury WTB eco friendly homes.
Brecon Cottages,Powys: 1-3 bed cottage style accommodation, pool
Dawns Y Don Cottage, Aberystwyth 3 bed cottage with sea views
Cae Du Cottage, Snowdonia sleeps 12 in 6 beds in approx 14 acres
Brynteg, Snowdonia: 2-3 bed luxury accommodation, pool, activities
Upper Calffield Farmhouse - 6 bed holiday home, 2.5 miles to beach
Croft House - 6 bed holiday home with hot tub
Meadow Cottage - 3 bed, hot tub, use of pool, close to beach.
welsh accommodation - search via summary table or on the map!
|Clydey Cottages, Penrallt, Pembrokeshire, Wales||75||4.9||1-4 beds||15||Rural||YY||YYY||YY||YN||NN||YY||£480- £3,600/wk||Multiple award winning cottages, animal feeding, accessible, hot tub|
|Bluestone Wales, Pembrokeshire||20||5||1-4 beds||Rural||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YN||YY||Short breaks, over 100 activities, leisure pool, disabled access, spa|
|Gwalia Falls, Tresaith Beach, Cardigan Bay||18||4.9||2-3 beds||Coast||YY||YYY||NY||YN||YN||YN||£187-£1,415/wk||Short breaks, stunning sea views, walk to beach|
|Penrhos Park, Aberystwyth, West Coast Wales||9||4.6||2-3 beds||Coast||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||£175-£1,205/wk||Short breaks, golf onsite, tennis, hot tubs|
|Croft Farm & Celtic Cottages, Pembrokeshire Coast, Cardigan||6||5||2-4 beds||8||Coast||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||£500-£2,055/wk||Animal feeding, play barn, sauna, gym|
|Lane Holiday Cottage, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, Mid Wales||6||4.8||5 beds||1||Rural||YY||YYY||NY||YN||NY||YN||£560-£1,130/wk||Short breaks, rural views yet 1.5 miles from village shop & pub, accessible|
|Gwynfryn Farm Cottages, Pwllheli, North Wales||5||4.5||1-4 beds||11||Coast||YY||YYY||YY||YN||NY||YY||£318-£1,500/wk||Tennis, animal feeding, hot tub, indoor play, games, short breaks|
|Fron Fawr Cottages, Pembrokeshire||3||4.3||2-4 beds||5||Rural||YY||YYY||YY||YN||NY||YY||£400- £3,000/wk||Leisure facilities 5 miles away at Clydey, beach 5 miles, hot tub|
|Croft House, Cardigan, Pembrokeshire Coast||1||5||6 beds||1||Coast||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YN||YY||£1,280-£3,565/wk||Shared pool, animal feeding,short breaks, private hot tub|
|Upper Calffield Farmhouse Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Wales||6 beds||1||Rural/ Coast||YY||YYY||NY||YY||NY||YN||£959-£2,189/wk||Short breaks available, 2 miles to the coast, pub serving food & real ales|
|Dawns Y Don Cottage, Aberystwyth, West Wales||3 beds||1||Coast||YY||YYN||NY||YN||NY||YN||£529-£977/wk||Sea views, walk to beach, Jun-Sept only|
|Brynteg, Caernarfon, Snowdonia, North Wales||2-3 beds||Rural||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YN||YY||£245-£1,609/wk||Short breaks, activity holiday, hot tubs|
|Asheston Eco Barns, Penycwm, Pembrokeshire||2-3 beds||5||Rural/ Coast||YY||YYY||NY||YN||NN||YY||£420- £1,365/wk||WTB 5* Wheelchair & eco friendly, beach 3 miles|
|Meadow Cottage, Cardigan, Pembrokeshire||3 beds||1||Coast||YY||YYY||YY||YN||NY||YY||£650-£1,765/wk||Leisure complex 1 mile away with indoor pool, private hot tub|
|Cae Du Cottage, Snowdonia National Park||6 beds||1||Rural River||YY||YYY||NY||YY||NY||YY||£1,050-1,990/wk||Short breaks from £700 for 4 day wkend|
|Brecon Cottages, National Park, Powys, South Wales||1-3 beds||Rural||NY||YYN||YY||YN||YY||YY||from £215-£549/wk||Short breaks, gym, apartment style, tennis|
|Celtic Manor Resort Hotel, Newport, South Wales||Golf, luxury hotel, spa, activities, childcare|
detailed information on family holidays in wales
|Clydey Holiday Cottages, Pembrokeshire, Wales - a cluster of 10 luxury holiday cottages with absolutely superb family facilities, located just 20 mins from the beach. Set within 10 acres, onsite there is an indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, gym, outdoor hot tub, games room, indoor soft play, daily animal feeding & supervised kids club.|
|Bluestone Wales, Pembrokeshire, Wales - luxury holiday village with both lodge & cottage accommodation to sleep 2-14 people each plus over 100 onsite acitivites. The huge leisure pool is a great hit with the kids, as is the indoor adventure centre & high ropes course. Its also near the beach. Ideal all year round holiday destination for short family breaks or longer holidays. In my opinion its a bit like a more luxurious, cheaper version of Center Parcs. Pet friendly & disabled accessible|
|Gwalia Falls, Tresaith Beach, Cardigan Bay, west Wales coast - breathtaking location to watch the dolphins in the bay from the cliff top or the beach. A quiet seaside resort with 2-3 bed accommodation in lodges, apartments or luxury mobile homes, some with private hot tubs. Walk to the restaurant & pub serving food & explore Cardigan Bay from the Ceredigion coastal path. Superb for a relaxing beach holiday in Wales for the whole family.|
|Penrhos Park near Aberystywyth on the west Wales coast - gorgeous smaller holiday park in a stunning setting with luxury holiday lodge & caravan style accommodation. Superb golf facilities with its own 18 hole golf course, 9 hole course & driving range. Also private hot tubs with the lodges, indoor heated swimming pool, small gym, sauna & onsite restaurant. Perfect base to watch the birds of prey too & less than 2 miles to the beach.|
|Croft Farm & Celtic Cottages, Cardigan, Pembrokeshire Wales - 8 cottages of 2-4 bedrooms rated 4* & 5* with indoor heated swimming pool. Super family friendly - daily animal feeding, indoor play barn, adventure playground & for parents who don't want to self cater, daily fresh cooked bread and meal deliveries to your door. Poppit Sands blue flag beach is 5 mins away.|
|Lane holiday cottage, near Llandindrod Wells, Powys, mid Wales - is a luxury 5 bedroom cottage that sleeps up to 10 people in comfort with 4 bathrooms too. Enjoying stunning panoramic views across the Elan Valley in a rural setting yet only 1.5 miles away from the village shop & pub serving food. Pet friendly & wheelchair accessible cottage, ideal for large group holidays or short breaks.|
|Gwynfryn Farm holiday cottages, Pwllheli, north Wales coast - set on a working dairy farm yet just 1.25 miles from the coast this small complex of 11 holiday cottages is super family friendly. Indoor heated pool, shared hot tub, tennis court, indoor soft play, games room, gym, animal feeding - something to keep the whole family happy including the dog as they are pet friendly too. Ideal base to explore the wonderful Llyn Peninsula.|
|Fron Fawr Holiday Cottages, Penrallt, Pembrokeshire, Wales - five 4* & 5* rated pet friendly holiday cottages set within stunning countryside with private enclosed gardens, 48 acres of grounds to explore, shared hot tub & play area. Guests may also use the leisure facilities at Clydey. The sandy beach is just 5 miles from these cottages.|
|Croft House, Pembrokeshire Coast, Wales - a luxury 6 bed self catering cottage that is ideal for large group holidays with its own private hot tub. A former farmhouse that is now available for weekly bookings or short breaks all year round. Located just 4 miles from Cardigan bay & many, undiscovered sandy beaches. Also access to shared indoor heated swimming pool, daily animal feeding on the farm & indoor & outdoor play areas. Pets welcome too.|
|Holiday cottages in Wales from Sykes - as a Mum myself, I know how hard it can be finding the perfect family holiday but I think this company could really help you, which is why I promote it! Sykes offers self catering holiday cottages all over Wales with options to search on your most needed facilities to make a perfect family holiday. Click the red heading title to go to their website for more information & online booking or best of all, telephone 01244 352 241 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 9.30pm.|
|Upper Calffield Farmhouse, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, west Wales - a former farmhouse now used for large group holidays & short breaks, perfectly located just 2 miles from spectacular Newgale sandy beach. A 6 bedroom holiday home in 7 acres of grounds with countryside views. The village pub is close by serving real ale & food, just perfect for large group holiday by the coast. Pet friendly accommodation.|
|Dawns Y Don holiday cottage, Aberystywyth, west Wales coast - 3 bedroom cottage sleeping up to 6 with uninterrupted sea views across Cardigan Bay on the Welsh coast. Dolphins & porpoises are often seen in the area. A stunning central location with shops, pubs & restaurants all within walking distance. Pet friendly holiday cottage.|
|Brynteg holiday park, Snowdonia, North Wales: 2-3 bedroom luxury holiday accommodation with indoor swimming pool & numerous onsite activities including indoor sports, water sports & entertainment to keep the whole family happy on holiday. Private hot tubs with holiday lodges. Superb location between the sandy beaches & Snowdonia National Park. Perfect activity holiday in Wales|
|Asheston Eco Barns, Pembrokeshire, SW Wales - 5 traditional Welsh barns converted into luxury eco-friendly holiday cottages, each with 3 bedrooms. Superb loaction, just 3 miles from Newgale "blue flag" beach, within 22 acres of countryside to explore. A safe, secluded environment for the children to play plus a dedicated children's play area. Wheelchair accessible cottages, ideal for groups.|
|Meadow Cottage, Cardigan Bay, Pembrokeshire Coast, Wales 3 bed self catering holiday cottage with private hot tub and stunning countryside views yet only a couple of miles to the beach. Booking also comes with use of leisure complex & indoor heated pool plus animal feeding on the farm just 1 mile away. Pet friendly holiday cottage.|
|Cae Du holiday cottage, Conwy, Snowdonia, Wales - set in the Snowdonia National Park is this luxury 6 bedroom, 4 bathroom holiday home that sleeps up to 12 people. Available for short breaks or weekly holidays. Standing within its own 14 acres of grass & woodland, bounded by the River Lledr. Outside there is a still pool within the river which is a great place to swim, paddle or just laze on the banks in the summer months or equally cosy for a winter stay. Pets welcome.|
|Hoseasons Holidays all over Wales - offering self catering cottages, boating holidays, holiday lodges & family friendly parks. They allow you to search on numerous features & specialise in hot tubs with their holiday lodges or great value holiday parks with entertainment & activities for the whole family. I have booked through them many times & can highly recommend them. Click the red heading title to go to their website for more information & online booking or best of all, telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|
|Celtic Manor Resort Hotel, Newport, South Wales - 3 luxury hotels & 6 restaurants on this world class golf course, set amongst 2,000 acres of stunning parkland in the beautiful Usk Valley. 3 Championship golf courses, treetop ropes adventure course, spa & indoor pool, adventure playground, indoor soft play, games room, tennis. Early dinner, childcare & pyjama parties arranged for kids. Full disabled facilities including family bedrooms.|
|Brecon Cottages, Powys, Brecon Beacons, Wales: 1-3 bedroom self catering holiday cottage style accommodation with shared indoor pool set in stunning scenery on the edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park in south Wales. Other onsite facilities include gym, games room, tennis court & plenty of games & space for the children to play.|
map of wales - click on the cottage you want to visit
View Wales Holiday Cottages in a larger map
Map provided by Google Maps