Cae Du Cottage has 6 bedrooms & is ideal for large group holidays
Stunning lounge area to fit all of our guests
Spacious dining area, we can even arrange a caterer for you
Very well equipped kitchen ideal for self catering
The large holiday cottage has 6 bedrooms 3 twins and 3 double
First floor double bedroom
First floor twin bedroom
Ground floor twin bedroom
Further small lounge, ideal for the kids to hangout!
This large holiday home is set in approximately 14 acres
Plenty of space to play in the garden, plus take a dip in the stream!
cae du cottage, dolwydellan, conwy, snowdonia national park, wales
- Cae Du Cottage is 4 star rated and comfortably accommodates 12 adults, Standing in 14 acres of undulating grass and woodlands bounded by the river Lledr in the Snowdonia National Park close to Betws-Y-Coed This holiday home is ideal for large families and groups alike, both in summer and winter months. The accommodation consists of 6 bedrooms, 3 twins and 3 double, two with balconies, and one en-suite, there are 3 further bathrooms, one with a Jacuzzi and one ground floor bathroom.
- The lounge has satellite TV, DVD player and Hi Fi, There is a smaller lounge with sofa and chairs, with a wired and Wi Fi broadband internet connection.
- Cae Du Cottage boasts excellent dining facilities. The spacious dining area is bright and perfect for families and large groups, there is even a piano.
- There is a cot, high chair and stair gates in the house for babies and small children.
- Very spacious kitchen, which is exceptionally well-equipped with 6 Gas Hobs; Double Electric Fan Assisted Oven; Microwave; Stand Alone Freezer; Fridge-freezer; Dishwasher; Washing machine; Coffee Maker, slow cooker
- Externally there is ample gated parking. Large patio with BBQ and seating, the private land it stands in is a great playground with rocks to scramble over and a still pool within the river which is a great place to swim, paddle or just laze on the banks in the summer months
- There is so much to do in your Holidays in Snowdonia, North Wales, listing all the attractions would be the equivalent of authoring a book! It's exhaustive. Attractions near our amazing cottage include: Snowdon Mountain Railway, the beautiful Bodnant Gardens, the fantasy village of Portmeirion, Llechwedd Slate Caverns, Ffestiniog Steam Railway, Sygyn Copper Mines, various Lake Railways, Castles at Caernarfon, Conwy, Beaumaris and Penrhyn, the famous Swallow Falls, delightful Fairy Glen, abandoned mining hamlet, secluded lakes, bridges and picnic areas.
- Click here to check availability of Cae Du Cottage in Snowdonia Wales
- Please send us a review of this large group holiday cottage in Snowdonia, Wales by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 9 family holiday recommendations, average rating 5 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating: 5 out of 5
- Wow wow wow!! What an amazing place! Can't say enough good things about this place- our party of 12 from ages 5 to 42 including teenagers and a dog all had a wonderful time! I echo everything in the previous reviews and more. The best thing really is the garden - it's enormous and entertained the 7kids and one dog in our party for literally hours! Rope swing, summer house, little bridges to climb, river pool to swim in, picnics by the summer house, acres of exploring to do plus hours of fun playing hide and seek! Which meant plenty of relaxing time for the grown ups! (Happy kids = happy holiday!). All the rooms are fantastic, with very comfy beds, and a well equipped kitchen. Yes perhaps a tumble drier would be useful as a previous reviewer says but we dried our things easily enough in the utility bit using the dehumidifiers (washing dried over night). Plenty of seating space in the lounge for our party of 12 and the little lounge provided a great extra little place for kids to play or an adult to grab 40winks in peace! As other reviewers have said, we planned to do so much whilst staying in Wales but in actual fact we spent the majority of our time just relaxing at the "cottage" because it's so beautiful and the grounds are so extensive, and the kids and our dog loved it said much here! I think my dog thought he was in heaven! Two places we would recommend tho are Newbrough Beach on Anglesey (busy on a sunny day but well worth it- lovely long stretches a sand and pebble), and also the Treetopadventure place about 10mins drive from the cottage. Great fun for all ages! Communication with the owner, Tim, before the holiday was brilliant and he emailed me a wealth of info about trips out etc which was really useful. We also met the gardener on the last day who is a really friendly chap. Don't bother looking anywhere else, just book here! You will not be disappointed :-) Thanks so much to Tim and Polly for such a wonderful stay. We'll be back! X Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- What a beautiful cottage set in the most wonderful location. A stunning six bedroom property with more space than we could utilize. A very well equipped kitchen making meal times as easy as being at home. My children loved the piano, and we spent most evenings listening to their great compositions. Although there is plenty to do in the local area, we found we would rather stay at caedu. Messing around on the water,fishing,sketching,playing on the rope swing or just strolling around the many acres of land. Very homely feel to the place..was very difficult to leave. Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- Excellent, well equipped cottage, really appreciated the tea bags, sugar and milk after a long journey from Kent. We were only a group of 6 adults and 2 children so they decided to bedroom hop constantly throughout the holiday, what a lovely privilege. Grounds are fantastic and well kept by a really nice gardener, who does his best to stay out of your way. We all enjoyed the river, the men for attempting to fish (unsuccessfully) the ladies and children just for boating and fun. My only frustration is around the fishing, as this is something we believed came with the cottage, we were a bit surprised when we had to pay for a fishing permit, especially since none of us were fishermen and we caught nothing.. My only other concern was the lack of a tumble dryer, considering the typical Welsh weather, this really would have helped. Rating 5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- It's a lovely, spacious, comfortable house but the best part of our stay was the amazing garden. It's huge! It was the most relaxing holiday we have ever had mainly due to the fact we were totally at ease about the dogs being safely enclosed in such a beautiful space. We were blessed with gorgeous weather and spent most of our stay on the patio enjoying the view and strolling around the gardens and along the riverside walk at the bottom of the garden. Rating 5 out of 5, Jun 2015.
- This was our second time of staying at Cae Du and on both occasions we've had two wonderful weeks in beautiful surroundings. The house is welcoming, very clean and comfortable, well equipped with lovely furnishings. Our party included both pensioners and teenagers but the house is spacious enough to accommodate everyone without it being a problem and the dogs loved the freedom of the garden. On both occasions we have had mixed weather but it didn't matter, we were happy to spend time enjoying Cae Du, but there is so much to explore in the area both above and below ground there is always something to do regardless of the weather ! It ticks all our boxes and we hope to return again next year :) Thank you to Tim and Polly for sharing your amazing house and for helping to make it all so enjoyable. Rating 5 out of 5, Apr 2015.
- What a house!!! Twelve members of our family arrived on a very cold evening from various parts of the country to find this beautiful, huge house. On entering it was so warm which was very much appreciated as it was quite frosty outside. Lovely flowers in the hallway too. We all chose our rooms which were beautifully done and as organiser of the trip and main cook for the week got to have the best bedroom upstairs. It was huge with a fabulous en-suite. After our evening meal we were all so excited for the next day to see the view from the house as we arrived in the dark. My goodness we were not disappointed! Everywhere was frosty white as it had been a bitterly cold night, the river below was breath taking and the scenery was stunning. We couldn't wait to get out to explore with everyone including Maisie our Labrador. The whole house is very well equipped and beautifully furnished and we wanted for nothing. The weather was kind to us except for one day when it was quite wet and windy and it was spectacular to see the river thundering past at a rapid rate. It was certainly one of the best family celebrations we have had and we all said we would definitely return next New Year but sadly it has already been booked!! Rating 5 out of 5, Dec 2015.
- Our family of 12 and 2 dogs, Just stayed at Cae du for 1 week over the Xmas period and What an Amazing time we all had. We arrived Late on the 21st December so it was dark when we got there but from the moment we put the key into the door and walked in the hallway, we knew we had made a great choice. You could not fault Cae du, The house was spacious and clean and equipped with everything you could possibly need. There were plenty of books/dvds/cds and box games for everyone to enjoy. The piano kept the children entertained for hours on end. The next morning when we pulled back the curtains and looked out on to the views, it was absolutely mind blowing. We could not have wished for a better setting, the trees were different colours, like spring and there was a river running at the bottom of the garden. We all went on plenty of long walks along the river with the dogs which they loved so much. On Xmas day we happened to run out of eggs so took a trip down the road to the local Spar which happened to be closed, understandably. My brother popped into the pub opposite the Spar to ask if anyone knew anywhere open, The owner of the Spar happened to be in there and offered to open up his shop. How nice is that..... :) We had a perfect Christmas day, Our turkey and other meats we purchased from the butchers (AL & RO Jones) in Llanrwst which was 10 minutes away which was delicious. The living room was soo ideal for all of us to be seated around comfortably to watch the kids enjoying there presents. The surrounding areas of Cae du are so picturesque. Betws y coed is one of them which is 10 minutes from Cae du which is worth a visit. Some great shops there for picking up some nice gifts and also a few great places for afternoon tea. Unfortunately, our week was not the greatest weather wise. It did rain most days so we did not get out as much as we had planned. Fortunately enough though, Cae du was such a lovely comfortable home with enough space not to feel under each others feet, that it was a joy just having the time to relax, enjoy and spend quality time with those we love. Thanks to Tim & Polly for renting your lovely home to us and for being so helpful throughout the booking. You have been very accommodating throughout and because of that we as a family have had one of our best Xmas' ever. Happy 2015 to you both.......................... Rating 5 out of 5, Dec 2014
- Cae du provided the most perfect base for exploring north wales. The house and garden is breathtakingly beautiful- something for every family member- extensive garden and river to explore, terrace and balconies to absorb the view and tranquility. The house is fully equipped for relaxing- comfy beds and two sitting rooms, kitchen and dining room for great family meals. It really has it all for a perfect large group holiday. Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2014.
- We stayed at Cae Du from the 1st-8th August 2014, a mixed group of children and adults and we all loved every minute of our stay. The children were happy to spend days in the garden on the rope swing and swimming in the river, the whole garden was fantastic, not sure we even saw it all as we discovered more every day. The house is large, clean and well maintained with more than enough room for our party of 12 plus a baby. I can't recommend Cau Du highly enough, it's location is excellent with numerous activities in the surrounding area and only a ten minute drive from Betwys y Coed. Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2014.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (WA011) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 12
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Tim on 0208 542 3480 or 07850 936744, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
use arrows to check months, shaded red is already booked
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of this holiday cottage.